Digital Storm Announces LaserMark Service

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,107
Points 1,183,795
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Thu, Oct 20 2011 4:07 PM
Do you like personalized items? Of course you do. Everybody does, whether it’s a personal monogram or your business’ logo. Digital Storm just launched a new called service called LaserMark, which allows you to get anything you want--text or picture--laser engraved on your desktop, workstation, or notebook.

Check out the video below to see how the engravings look. (Hint: It’s pretty sweet!)

The video says that you can “say anything”, so apparently there aren’t any restrictions on profanity, vulgarity, or disparaging remarks about others. (Be honest, those are the first things you thought of.)

The service will run you $49 for text or $99 for graphics, which is actually a good bargain if you’re the type to spend the extra cash to trick out your rig.

Digital Storm Debuts LaserMark Service

Fremont, Calif. - (October 20, 2011) – Digital Storm, the predominant name in computer system integration and engineering, today proudly debuts its new LaserMark service, allowing Digital Storm customers to customize their gaming computers, workstations and laptops. LaserMark produces exceptionally detailed designs that add a personalized touch to the industry’s most powerful machines.

To view Digital Storm’s LaserMark service in action, click on the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25Orums2m04

“Our LaserMark machine lets you completely personalize your new Digital Storm rig. We can mark your name, likeness, favorite game logo or character on the chassis; the possibilities are endless,” commented Rajeev Kuruppu, Digital Storm’s Director of Product Development. “On the professional side, this service gives businesses the ability to feature the company’s logo on our systems, making for more impactful presentations.”

Digital Storm is offering its LaserMark service at the following pricing: $49 for text and $99 for graphics.

For additional information on Digital Storm’s LaserMark service, please contact Digital Storm Media Representative Brian Metcalf at brianmetcalf@maxborgesagency.com or 305-576-1171 x11.
  • | Post Points: 80
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 385
Points 3,845
RTietjens replied on Thu, Oct 20 2011 4:57 PM

For $99 I can get a full-color static-cling vinyl graphic which I can move onto my next rig. Their prices are too damn high.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,236
Points 37,910
AKwyn replied on Thu, Oct 20 2011 6:12 PM

First we've got stuff we can engrave on our computers and now we got DigitalStorm entering the lucrative personalization market; I really hope we can customize out own computers with this because if they don't then other people are likely to copy DigitalStorm's "invention" and use it in their own PC personalization shops.

Still, for what they're offering; the prices are pretty good...

"The future starts with you; now start posting more!"

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,120
Points 12,940

"I think it's cool. There is another boutique builder that does this, but it only available to laser engrave on one side. Here, they can engrave anywhere, so that a big plus that adds to the uniqueness of the case."

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,865
Points 29,645

Sweet! Pretty nice stuff and I don't think the prices are really all that bad for this type of service.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,379
Points 31,040
rrplay replied on Thu, Oct 20 2011 9:10 PM

That is pretty cool that DS offers the engraving and staying truly competitive as a leading boutique builder.with customizing services such as the laser engraving.Who know maybe some professional camera shop or graphic design / video edit pro would like to have his / her chassis customized in this way to give there rig a pro-look that set there business apart . I would take a guess that some clients may be impressed and certainly well worth the cost of some laser engraved graphic designs on the chassis.

"Don't Panic ! 'cause HH got's your back!"

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 96
Points 600
gloriad1 replied on Fri, Oct 21 2011 11:02 AM

I think it's a good idea, but I wonder in which countries that it will be available in. Most probably the U.S. only. Maybe when I go on a holiday sometime in the future I'll try it.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,120
Points 12,940

rrplay:
Who know maybe some professional camera shop or graphic design / video edit pro would like to have his / her chassis customized in this way to give there rig a pro-look that set there business apart .

"Imagine some business ordering multiple PC's with their brand logo on it, that be cool. It will also impress their customers, that LaserMark Service is very handy. Also serves as a deterrent against would be thieves, as having a customize unique laser engraved logo or mark, will mean that the machine will easily be recognizable from outside. Too bad if they just take out the parts and switch cases. But Digital Storm said * Anywhere* on the video, so, I would laser mark my Video card , hard drive, motherboard heatsink  and , I'm just kidding, who's that nuts to do that?"

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,236
Points 37,910
AKwyn replied on Sat, Oct 22 2011 8:43 PM

Wheatley:
Also serves as a deterrent against would be thieves, as having a customize unique laser engraved logo or mark, will mean that the machine will easily be recognizable from outside. Too bad if they just take out the parts and switch cases.

Nah, from what I've seen; it's not majorly embedded into the case to make it completely recognizable. Anyone would be able to paint over it considering if they had the right kind of paint and coating material... Why would they even need to switch cases when it can easily be fixed?

"The future starts with you; now start posting more!"

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS