Intel's Quarterly Earnings Break Records

rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,099
Points 1,183,575
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Thu, Oct 20 2011 1:38 AM
Numbers and charts, numbers and charts. It's that time again -- time for earnings! Apple already announced some pretty spectacular numbers in their latest earnings report, and now it's Intel's turn. The company revealed a record $14.3 billion, up $3.2 billion, or 29 percent year-over-year. The gross margin was 64.4 percent, down 1.7 percentage points year-over-year, but the operating income was a record $5.1 billion, up $895 million, 22 percent year-over-year. As for pure, raw net incoming? A record $3.7 billion, up $705 million, or a 24 percent year-over-year uptick.

“Intel delivered record-setting results again in Q3, surpassing $14 billion in revenue for the first time, driven largely by double-digit unit growth in notebook PCs,” said Paul Otellini, Intel president and CEO. “We also saw continued strength in the data center fueled by the ongoing growth of mobile and cloud computing.” The full results are in the Via below, but suffice it to say, Intel's not hurting for cash. Now, the real question: what are they going to invest it all in?
  • | Post Points: 125
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 220
Points 2,745
gazd1 replied on Thu, Oct 20 2011 8:47 AM

Intel deserves this big profit boom. I admit to buying their processors & occasionally their motherboards to, to make my own computers. I do think that their overall prices for their products should be cheaper, but at least they out do their competition & thus they deserve their big profit margin. We all know that even AMD when they're doing well, will lift their prices also. I have in the past put amd based computers together just to see how they go against there rivals, Intel. Just hoping that Intel's Nehalem based processors come down in price soon again, especially their Six core range.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,865
Points 29,645

First congrats to Intel... but

Rant on...

So many major corporations are taking in record profits yet the economy is doing so badly...

What the heck is wrong with this picture.

Rant Off...

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 220
Points 2,745
gazd1 replied on Thu, Oct 20 2011 9:33 AM

Hey "omegadraco", you're not an AMD supporter are you. Also at least they're one of the good profit making U.S. companies still around.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,865
Points 29,645
omegadraco replied on Thu, Oct 20 2011 10:06 AM

@gazd1 actually no I am not an AMD supporter all my build have had Intel processors in them but I never discount AMD either and have no problem using their products.

Yes it is good that they are making a profit in the U.S. but when they pay very little taxes on that profit (because of all their "losses") it does nothing to help the world economy. I don't have a problem with companies making a profit especially since that is the whole point. I have a problem with the state of the world economy not getting any better with many companies(Intel and others) making record profits.

The government tells the peons to spend and obviously they are spending with again all these companies making record profits yet they get no relief from the crappy economy.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,120
Points 12,940

"Is there a link to a specific list and stats of what product drove what profit for Intel. I like to know just how well Sandy Bridge did for them, versus their SSD lineup and motherboard licensing , I did click the link at the bottom, the most specific Intel has is this:

Q3 2011 Key Financial Information (GAAP)
  • Business unit trends:
    • PC Client Group revenue of $9.4 billion, up 22 percent year-over-year.
    • Data Center Group revenue of $2.5 billion, up 15 percent year-over-year.
    • Other Intel® architecture group revenue up 68 percent year-over-year.
    • Intel® Atom™ microprocessor and chipset revenue of $269 million, down 32 percent year-over-year.
  • McAfee Inc. and Intel Mobile Communications contributed revenue of $1.1 billion.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,795
Points 40,670
Inspector replied on Thu, Oct 20 2011 3:09 PM

Props to Intel!!! :D

Have always used Intel for my builds, only built 2 for myself so far but i'll see in the future :D. I don't hate on amd, i just don't use them for my gaming builds :P. I have used them for budget builds for my friend and family.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,120
Points 12,940

" Well, like inspector said, Props To Intel. Hopefully these record breaking numbers mean they will play nice with Sandy Bridge E prices, hopefully."

"In the meantime , It's All About The Pentiums Core I7's"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpMvS1Q1sos

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
Brenden99 replied on Thu, Oct 27 2011 7:39 AM

I have always been using intel for my PC and that may be the best option in the market yet.

............... ....... lIfE IS rAcE dEaTh iZ eND………………

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 180
Points 1,660

Wait is this a quarter revenue or the entire year?

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS