Motorola's MOTOACTV Fitness Music Player Rivals iPod Nano

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,165
Points 1,185,540
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Wed, Oct 19 2011 12:47 PM
Thought that Motorola only made phones? Think again! The company's also invested in set-top boxes, and now, apparently they're also after the iPod nano market. Motorola Mobility has just unveiled the MOTOACTV, a fusion of music and fitness. It's billed as a lightweight, wearable fitness performance tracker and smart music player in one. Sync MOTOACTV with your PC, so you can check out the music you perform to best or track your workouts over extended time periods, set goals and even create workout competitions with your friends via the MOTOACTV Web Portal. And MOTOACTV features a touch-screen display so you can instantly launch a new workout or find that one song you’ve been dying to hear.

The device also touts GPS, and calculates your time, distance, speed, heart rate1 and calories burned are all measured. Users can upload your workout to MOTOACTV.com to analyze the performance data tracked by the device and review useful, easy-to-understand charts, tools and programs that help you see your strengths and empower you to overcome challenges. You can also get workout tips and training plans from fitness experts at MOTOACTV.com and on your Android-powered smartphone with the free mobile app.

It'll ship with Bluetooth support, a 1.6" color touch panel ("sweat-proof"), 8GB or 16GB of storage, FM radio, up to five hours of battery life for outdoor workouts, 10 hours indoors, and nearly two weeks on standby and ANT+ wireless connectivity for your existing fitness sensors and your future ones. There's even the option to sync with the latest Android-powered smartphone to receive incoming calls and texts.

It'll ship Nov. 6th for $249 and up, and the exclusive launch carrier will be Verizon Wireless. MOTOACTV will also be available in Latin America and Europe starting in Q1 2012. Just in time for that New Year Resolution, huh?
  • | Post Points: 95
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 220
Points 2,745
gazd1 replied on Thu, Oct 20 2011 9:23 AM

I never did like their mobile phone products at all.Yes Although this product looks like its worth the effort to buy & try, even though I do not think that they make quality products.Cool I wonder when they're going to bring these out in Australia, any known time or approximates of their release date in Australia.Idea

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,648
Points 104,085
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Thu, Oct 20 2011 9:44 AM

ugh! no!

If I bought it, I'd feel obligated to work out all of the time. (especially for 250 bucks,....and up)

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 38
Points 355
Chondro replied on Thu, Oct 20 2011 11:58 AM

Wow, this looks really cool, wont have to have my ipod and sports watch on me while i work outmark me down for one motrola

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,865
Points 29,645

realneil:

ugh! no!

If I bought it, I'd feel obligated to work out all of the time. (especially for 250 bucks,....and up)

Ain't that the truth...

Very nice looking, if I were a runner who ran everyday I certainly would want to own one.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,120
Points 12,940

"I think it's a great device towards fitness buffs, athletes and celebrities. It offers a lot of functionality for the Fitness crowd, I thinks its worth it if you are trying to get in shape *In Style* and *In Tech*."

realneil:

"rOfL, damn right."

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
MotoACTV replied on Thu, Oct 20 2011 7:49 PM

In Stores and Online 11.06.2011 Follow us: @motoactv for updates

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
RChung replied on Mon, Oct 24 2011 2:29 PM

I contacted Motorola support, and they COULD NOT tell me what was the largest circumference their armband accessory supports. Very disappointing for a product that is targeting sports/exercise enthusists!

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS