Best Buy Slashes Price Of HTC Flyer Tablet

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 24,867
Points 1,116,130
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Mon, Oct 3 2011 10:54 AM

There's lots of competition in the tablet space these days. With the recent announcement of the $199 Amazon Kindle Fire tablet, it seems that manufacturers and retailers are thinking more and more about lower-priced tablets. Earlier this year, the fire sale on the HP TouchPad had these tablets flying off the shelves.

We've also watched prices fall on the 7-inch BlackBerry PlayBook recently. In July, Motorola cut the price on its entry-level Xoom tablet to $499 from the original selling price of $599. In addition to price cuts, we've also seen more tablets launching with lower price tags.

Now, the HTC Flyer tablet is also getting a price cut. Recently, Best Buy slashed the price of the 16GB Wi-Fi version of the Flyer from $499.99 to $299.99. As you may recall, the Flyer ships with Android 2.3 and features a 7-inch color touchscreen with a resolution of 1024 x 600. The tablet also offers front- and rear-facing cameras, a microSDHC card slot, and a single-core Qualcomm processor.  The Flyer also supports the optional HTC Scribe Digital Pen, sold separately.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,236
Points 37,910
AKwyn replied on Mon, Oct 3 2011 12:48 PM

Well; it's not a dual-core tablet but it's nice to see that the Amazon Kindle Fire did it's job; I mean we're are getting cheaper tablets and most of them are not failures.

I can see that HTC is a respected brand and they've made tons of good phones, hopefully with the reduced price the tablet will sell more units.

"The future starts with you; now start posting more!"

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 307
Points 2,685
JDiaz replied on Tue, Oct 4 2011 1:29 AM

Well, the prices were already starting to drop. So I think the KF just accelerated the process and those standing on the edge now have little choice but to make the hard choices and make the sacrifices needed to make their products more competitive.

While it remains to be seen whether Apple will lower their pricing... So this may mostly effect the other competitors that were already slipping in the market.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS