Samsung Galaxy S II Hits 10 Million Sold

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 24,884
Points 1,116,860
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Sun, Sep 25 2011 12:44 PM
As if you need any reason to wonder why Apple is so keen on keeping Samsung's devices, including the Android-based Galaxy S II from being sold in parts of Europe, here's a stat: Samsung on Sunday issued a press release indicating that the Galaxy S II has sold 10 million devices.

That's sold, not shipped, but, they also added the two key words "global channel."

In fact, those numbers have been achieved almost entirely without U.S. carrier support.  Sprint launched the first Galaxy S II in the U.S. on Sept. 16, the Sprint Epic 4G Touch.

You can read Samsung's press release below.

Samsung GALAXY S II continues success reaching 10 Million in global sales
Global popularity with customers drives momentum for Samsung’s flagship smartphone

SEOUL, Korea – September 25th, 2011 – Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd, a global leader in digital media and digital convergence technologies, today announced that the Samsung GALAXY S II (Model: GT-I9100) has achieved 10 million global channel sales, doubling from five million in just eight weeks.

The GALAXY S II is Samsung’s flagship smartphone device - a beautifully thin (8.49mm) and lightweight dual-core smartphone that combines an unmatched Super AMOLED Plus viewing experience with powerful performance, all on Android, the world’s fastest-growing mobile operating system. The next generation smartphone also includes Samsung’s four content and entertainment hubs, seamlessly integrated to provide instant access to music, games, e-reading and social networking services.

“Since its launch in late April 2011, the GALAXY S II has seen continued sales success, demonstrating Samsung’s industry-leading capabilities in - and commitment to - the smartphone market” said JK Shin, President and Head of Samsung's Mobile Communications Business.

“In just five months the GALAXY S II has seen tremendous growth, reflecting its tremendous popularity with customers around the world, who in selecting the GALAXY S II as their device of choice have driven the device’s strong market position globally.”
  • | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,735
Points 40,310
Inspector replied on Sun, Sep 25 2011 2:00 PM

Still waiting for it to be either on att or tmobile! :(

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 10

3 Millions sold in July first week- http://www.techgineering.org/2011/07/03/144/samsungs-galaxy-s-ii-becomes-companys-quickest-selling-phone-three-million-in-55-days/

5 Millions sold in July last week- http://www.techgineering.org/2011/07/03/144/samsungs-galaxy-s-ii-becomes-companys-quickest-selling-phone-three-million-in-55-days/

and now it 10 Millions.

Don't you think, its too late? first 5 millions sold in one month and next 5 million in 2 month.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 15
JGallant replied on Sun, Sep 25 2011 5:03 PM

I'll have to check out this phone!!!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,439
Points 102,180
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Mon, Sep 26 2011 10:56 AM

Michael, Your point about Apple trying to squelch sales of these Samsung devices rings true. The reason why can only be that they're uncomfortable with them as competitors to their iPhones and iPads.

Why Apple ~NEEDS~ to squash the competition at all is beyond me. Their products are of sufficient quality are they not?

One can only surmise that they want all of the pie and screw anyone else, no matter what. It's a shame that they've sunk so low and cannot let their own products stand on their merits.

The United States Supreme Court has recently ruled that corporations are now ~People~. If this is so, then we should just think of them as the ~bad neighbors~ in the neighborhood of life.

Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live.

(Mark Twain)

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 220
Points 2,745
gazd1 replied on Mon, Sep 26 2011 12:15 PM

I suppose that is good for Samsung & I'm not an Apple supporter either, but why do so many people get samsung products anyway. I just bought a Samsung front loader washing machine almost a week ago & they said that if you go online to register, you can get either $50- or $100- off as a rebate sent back to you. When I went to their promotions site, I couldn't even register at all. They did not even have their registration site page ready yet. You only get two weeks from the day of buying the samsung product to register & if you don't, than it is too late. With this kind of mentality, no wonder Apple has out done Samsung in court cases so far to stop certain products from being sold in certain countries.Wink

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,439
Points 102,180
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Mon, Sep 26 2011 7:59 PM

gazd1:
They did not even have their registration site page ready yet. You only get two weeks from the day of buying the samsung product to register & if you don't, than it is too late.

Simple,........Use a Mac to register,......

Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live.

(Mark Twain)

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS