Barbarians Beware: Diablo III Closed Beta Begins

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 25,857
Points 1,171,445
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Tue, Sep 20 2011 10:19 PM
The Diablo III closed public beta has begun. Earlier, Blizzard had opened the "Friends and Family" beta, but now, it is selecting players from those who opted in to the Diablo III beta via their Battle.net accounts.

Note, that won't mean everyone will get a beta key. Some will, but many will not. In addition, Blizzard will be providing keys through beta promotions and giveaways.

The closed public beta is so new, there aren't even any beta keys being auctioned on eBay ... yet. Truthfully, we fully expect there to be beta key auctions, soon.

And there may be plenty of takers.  Based on what Blizzard says on its site, if you haven't received a beta key in your email (beware of phishesrs) or if you've checked your Battle.net account and don't see the D3 beta there, you'd better hope for a chance via a promotion or giveaway.

Amazon.com
Participants in the closed public beta will have a chance to play all five of the classes (Barbarian, Demon Hunter, Monk, Witch Doctor, and Wizard). Players will be able to run through part of Act I. Co-op play, one of the favorite parts of Diablo I and II, will be available, as will crafting and some basic character customization.

As far as "when" the game will release, it's been available for pre-order on sites such as Amazon.com since mid-2010. There's still no indication from Blizzard as to when the game will release, and Amazon.com still has no date available, either.
  • | Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 220
Points 2,745
gazd1 replied on Wed, Sep 21 2011 8:38 AM

Let's hope that they'll have a good time with this beta. I was a bit slow to find out about this beta lauch.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,865
Points 29,645
omegadraco replied on Wed, Sep 21 2011 11:54 AM

Wahoo!!!! This has got to be one of the most anticipated games of the century. Can't wait to play this though I do not like that you have to be online at all times to play it. Closed Beta means that the game will probably be released within 6 months if history tells anything.

Can't believe that people would pay money for beta keys... I mean come on its beta which usually means there are plenty of bugs still.

Not Ranked
Posts 64
Points 785
blah310 replied on Wed, Sep 21 2011 10:51 PM

Sadly, I didn't get a beta key :(
Hopefully i can get one during a promotion though!
I would never buy a beta key though..I think after waiting years for the game to come out, I can wait a few more months for the complete release and buy the full game for its actual price lol

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS