Facebook's "Poke Button" Going Into Hiding, New Features Coming?

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,492
Points 1,196,595
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Tue, Sep 20 2011 12:45 PM
Is Facebook's iconic "Poke" button going the way of the Dodo? While we have still seen some users with the Poke button in its original place even today, it looks like it could be on their way out in future site refreshes. Or, at least one the way to a hiding place. CNET has found that their Poke button is now tucked away underneath the "Message" icon, making it that much harder to reach out and virtually nudge that special someone. But really, it makes sense. While "Poke" was always cute, it never made a whole lot of sense to us. You might as well message someone; a Poke really isn't going to do much to get their attention unless it's a physical one.

What could be interesting here is the hope of new features. Is Poke being pushed aside to make room for something else? Could a different kind of attention-getting be coming to Facebook? Check your profile and see what's left. And if it looks like the below, you best Poke someone while you still have a chance.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 342
Points 4,510
slugbug replied on Tue, Sep 20 2011 8:05 PM

Oh no, now what do I do when I feel like a good poke? :D

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,865
Points 29,645

No more poke wars for you...

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 292
Points 3,055
Aoshi replied on Sun, Sep 25 2011 4:02 PM

I wonder why =/

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 997
Points 14,405
Manduh replied on Tue, Sep 27 2011 1:57 PM

Does anyone even "poke" anymore?

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

I poke my wife all the time on Facebook and in real life haha, i was just looking for the poke button with the new Facebook look to poke her and it was sorta hard to find. That's how i ended up at this website to figure out where it was lol, i would really miss poke if they took it off Facebook but, i hope they do come out with something to where it can be customized as to what your intentions are then again like said above you can always message instead. For me its just the nostalgia of it all for me along as the new changes and features are just as fun im game for change =D

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS