Addonics Announces New 2.5- and 3.5-inch Snap-In Disk Arrays

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,405
Points 1,192,685
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Mon, Sep 19 2011 2:53 PM
Today, Addonics Technologies released a pair of compact, removable disk arrays. The 2.5- and 3.5-inch Snap-In Disk Arrays accommodate up to four 2.5-inch HHDs/SSDs or five 3.5-inch HDDs in a 5.25-inch drive bay, respectively.

Both the 2.5- and 3.5-inch arrays fit in a variety of storage chassis, including storage racks or your run of the mill (large) desktop computer. The 2.5-inch array includes power and drive access LEDs on each drive slot and a lock on each drive door. The 3.5-inch array offers the more compelling feature of being able to fit more drives than usual into a system or chassis.

Bonus points to Addonics’ marketing team for comparing the arrays’ ease of use to a “VHS cassette”. Per the press release, “Simply slide the hard drive into one of the drives slots and close the drive door. To remove, simply open the drive door and the hard drive will automatically eject.”

The arrays are inexpensive, too, starting at $69.95 for the 2.5-inch model and $99 for the 3.5-incher.

The 2.5-inch Snap-In Disk Array

The 3.5-inch Snap-In Disk Array

• | Post Points: 65
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 385
Points 3,845
RTietjens replied on Mon, Sep 19 2011 4:36 PM

The second photo caption is incorrect.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,016
Points 10,940
OSunday replied on Mon, Sep 19 2011 9:04 PM

I don't understand what this is supposed to be for?

External Raid card/setup,

internal HD expansion,

NAS,

Portable HD Arrays?

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,865
Points 29,645

I think these can be used for lots of things. Adding drive to machines or possibly building a nice Raid array. I'd like to request a review :P

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,694
Points 104,420
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Mon, Sep 19 2011 10:34 PM

OSunday:
I don't understand what this is supposed to be for? External Raid card/setup, internal HD expansion, NAS, Portable HD Arrays?

All of the above,..............Smile

It's an enclosure with all of the connectors built into it already. It lets you install 5 HDD's together into a PC and connect them. What you connect them to is your call. You can connect to the mainboard and RAID them (or not) however your board's capabilities go, or you can use a Rocket RAID card to do the deed. or whatever you want to.

I like it and will probably put it on the short list of what to get next.

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS