IDF 2011 Paul Otellini Keynote: Haswell, Solar CPUs, and Android on X86

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,334
Points 1,191,010
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Tue, Sep 13 2011 9:12 PM
As is traditionally the case, Intel’s CEO Paul Otellini opened up the Intel Developer’s Forum with a keynote address in the theater at the Moscone Center in San Francisco. The focus of Otellini’s talk was the “future of computing” and how Intel plans to capitalize on current trends and growth in the mobile device market. Otellini’s opinion is that we are still in the early stages in this evolution of computing and moving forward, no one device will be at the center of the computing experience.  But of course, Intel plans to capitalize on all of them.

• | Post Points: 95
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 467
Points 3,710

Again I wish I was there.

Intel is correct, the place to be is in the tablets and smart phones as this is where I see growth in the near future.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,865
Points 29,645

I agree tablets and smart phones are where the growth are currently. But all the other form factors are going no where anytime soon the growth is just pretty flat. Keep the news coming :)

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,383
Points 31,065
rrplay replied on Tue, Sep 13 2011 9:53 PM

Thanks for sharing all the great pics ,and updates.I am looking forward to what Intel pursues with the Ultrabooks along with Intel Architecture optimized versions of Android.,both look very promising.

"Don't Panic ! 'cause HH got's your back!"

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 843
Points 9,155

These demos always get me excited. I like the pair and share feature, pretty cool stuff. I also use McAfee so I was excited to hear that something new is coming out of their partnership. As intel enters the mobile market more aggressively I really hope their desktop/server products don't suffer. Keep the news flowing!

Now you're just mashing it!

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,120
Points 12,940

"Awesome"

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,865
Points 29,645

After reading this article in more depth I have to say I am particularly intrigued by Android on the x86 platform. I wonder how Google feels about this as a competitor for their Chrome OS.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS