Razer Launches Silent BlackWidow Stealth & BlackWidow Ultimate Stealth Gaming Keyboards

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,505
Points 1,197,005
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Tue, Aug 30 2011 3:55 PM
Razer believes that not only is PC gaming not dead, it can continue to get better, in this case through the use of the silent versions of the Razer BlackWidow Stealth or Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Stealth mechanical gaming keyboards.

These new peripherals offer mostly the same specs and features as the originals, but with two notable exceptions: silent keys with 45g actuation force and extreme anti-ghosting (up to six keys can be pressed simultaneously, Ultimate Stealth model only).

Razer BlackWidow Stealth

Robert “RazerGuy” Krakoff, President of Razer USA, puts it in a nutshell while also taking home the gold star for Best PR Quote Of The Week: “Where the first Razer BlackWidow can be likened to a barbarian ploughing through enemies with ease, the Stealth Edition of this mechanical keyboard is the ninja who sneaks up on opponents unexpectedly to take them down in a quick blur.”

Both of the new keyboards feature 1000MHz/1ms Ultrapolling response time, programmable keys with on-the-fly macro recording, 10 customizable software profiles with on-the-fly switching, a gaming mode option for deactivation of the Windows key, 5 additional macro keys, and multimedia controls.

Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Stealth

The Ultimate Stealth version also boasts the extreme anti-ghosting feature as well as individually backlit keys with 5 levels of lighting, an audio-out and mic-in jack, and a USB passthrough.

You can snag yourself one of these puppies today online exclusively at www.razerzone.com for $79.99 (BlackWidow Stealth) or $139.99 (BlackWidow Ultimate Stealth).
  • | Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,851
Points 40,550

Price isn't too shabby...I'm overdue for a new mouse and keyboard. Perhaps I'll look a little more into these.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,236
Points 37,910
AKwyn replied on Wed, Aug 31 2011 12:06 AM

Eh. While this intrigues me, I'm happy with my current mouse and keyboard setup.

"The future starts with you; now start posting more!"

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,383
Points 31,065
rrplay replied on Wed, Aug 31 2011 8:25 AM

yep the price seems pretty good and may wait to see how they review. Interested in a more tactile feedback [touch] with the mechanical keyboards, esp for day to day use .and if silent could be just the thing.

"Don't Panic ! 'cause HH got's your back!"

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 161
Points 1,390
detnight replied on Wed, Aug 31 2011 12:54 PM

I have always used ZBoards Gaming keyboards and just got a new Zboard SteelSeries gaming board. I do use a Razer mouse and have for the last 6 years

Asus M4A79T deluxe,AMD Athlon II X4 620,PNY GTX285 1gb,Patriot Viper DDR3 1333 8gb,Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro,Diamond ATI TV Wonder HD 650 Comb,Plextor DVD-CD burner,Patriot PS-100 SSD 32gb ,WD 500gb 32mg,Antec Twelve Hundred Full Tower,Antec True Power Quattro 1000watts,Toshiba 40in 1080p for a monitor

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS