Apple Feeds Cook 1 Million Shares Worth $390 Million

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,345
Points 1,191,335
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Mon, Aug 29 2011 4:17 PM
It's official, we're in the wrong business. Don't get us wrong, playing with the latest hardware and sharing our experiences with our awesome reader base is a blast, and there aren't many things we'd trade this gig for. Being CEO of Apple is one of the few exceptions.

Don't take it personal if you're a die hard Windows user, it's just that when a company offers a million shares of stock worth well over a quarter of a billion dollars, who would refuse the job? Not Tim Cook, who accepted the gig before we could submit our resume, and is now worth $390 million more than he was before he stepped in to fill Steve Jobs' shoes.

"In connection with Mr. Cook's appointment as Chief Executive Officer, the Board awarded Mr. Cook 1,000,000 restricted stock units," Apple said in a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), according to a report in the International Business Times.

At the time of this writing, Apple's stock is wroth $389.97, and times a million, that equals a lot of money ($389,970,000 if you want to split hairs). With all that loot, Mr. Cook could build a no-holds barred Windows gaming PC, which is exactly what we'd do, along with a small island to go with it.
  • | Post Points: 65
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,120
Points 12,940

"Man, $390 a share huh, I pity the fool who sells them because Mr Jobs is no longer CEO , I dont think it will go down by much anytime soon, and when October comes, its going to blast up in value again."

-Optimus

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,795
Points 40,670
Inspector replied on Mon, Aug 29 2011 5:24 PM

"Mr. Cook could build a no-holds barred Windows gaming PC, which is exactly what we'd do, along with a small island to go with it."

HAHA was this on purpose??? lol :P

Now he should look deep inside his heart to donate me some of that loot :D

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,686
Points 104,335
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Mon, Aug 29 2011 7:24 PM

I would be smiling too,......Wink

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,838
Points 45,830
rapid1 replied on Mon, Aug 29 2011 9:30 PM

I may be very wrong, and probably am, but I still think Apple will again fall. With that many share's though I would sell 30% and invest the money in things that were new that are not Apple, or even stable dividend paying things in other industries. I have just been around long enough to remember when Apple fell last time, or what happened to those AOL share owners who did not sell off when they should have loosing money in the end.

MB:ASUS Z87C
CPU:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 4770 ***
GPU:Geforce GTX 770 4GB
Mem:***ingston 16384MB RAM
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,236
Points 37,910
AKwyn replied on Mon, Aug 29 2011 10:15 PM

Anybody would be a fool to sell now. I mean sure, it's an uncertain future and those prices might drop but I'm guessing those prices will skyrocket with the introduction of either the iPhone 5 or the iPhone 4GS. Why? People thought that Steve Jobs is Apple and without him the company would tank; but if he manages to launch and develop a product successfully and even score a few bonus points here and there then the shareholder's fears will be subsided and those people who own Apple stock will be even richer than before.

So yeah, it'd be stupid to sell... It'd be like selling your sports car for a moderate sedan and then suddenly you see the sports car in better hands and you begin to feel buyer's remorse. It will be a real surprise if Apple will fail but I shake off these concerns because I've seen Apple do well and I know that Apple will do well.

"The future starts with you; now start posting more!"

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS