Mad Catz Cyborg R.A.T. Albino Edition Gaming Mouse Ships With PC/Mac Support

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,688
Points 1,207,150
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Fri, Aug 12 2011 3:15 AM
There are game peripheral companies, and then there's Mad Catz. The company's Cyborg line has grown stranger by the year, and has drawn the eyes of many a user.

It's not all for negative reasons, though. The new Cyborg R.A.T. Albino Gaming Mouse is definitely one of the slicker, wilder looking mice to surface this year, and it looks like a dream come true for hardcore gamers who love to tweak their input devices.

The new futuristic-looking mouse ships with a 6400DPI sensor, improved tracking capabilities and a matte Albino white finish. There's an adjustable thumb rest, adjustable height, a thumb scroll, DPI on-the-fly adjustments, a precision aim button, weighing system, and plenty of other things to tinker with. At $99.99, it's hardly inexpensive, but it's not everyday users can find a mouse that looks like it came straight out of the future. 

The new edition is compatible with both PC and Mac platforms, and can be ordered today

Mad Catz® Announces Shipping of The Cyborg™ R.A.T.™ Albino Gaming Mouse

Special Edition Gaming Mouse Features A 6400DPI Sensor and Dual PC / Mac® Compatibility

San Diego – August 11, 2011 – Mad Catz Interactive, Inc. (“Mad Catz”) (AMEX/TSX: MCZ) announced today the shipping of the Cyborg R.A.T. Albino Gaming Mouse, compatible with both PC and Mac and available for order today.  A special edition of the Guinness World Records® winning R.A.T.7, the Cyborg R.A.T. Albino comes complete with an enhanced 6400DPI sensor, improved tracking capabilities and a matt Albino white finish.

“Our range of Cyborg R.A.T. Gaming Mice continues to perform impressively at retail and show sustainable longevity in the range.” said Darren Richardson, the President and Chief Executive Officer of Mad Catz Interactive, Inc.  “We recently announced compatibility with Mac OS via a free download and we are excited to introduce the special edition Albino model which we believe will allow us to continue our strong growth in this sector and keep us at the forefront of gaming technology.”

Additional information is available at: www.cyborggaming.com/ratalbino 
  • | Post Points: 110
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,385
Points 31,075
rrplay replied on Fri, Aug 12 2011 10:15 AM

Just gotta say ...have not seen any mouse that looks like this one ! man talk about a conversation starter ;ice-breaker'.

yeaoow-zerss &  still looking to see if it has the 'pocket fisherman' attachment for the good 'ol tackle - box..

But seriously i like this see innovative and seriously user customized products  >> and for a mouse ? this looks pretty friking amazing & adjustable.

"Don't Panic ! 'cause HH got's your back!"

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,684
Points 55,795
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Dave_HH replied on Fri, Aug 12 2011 11:08 AM

That's HOT. Marco has the black version and it's pretty nice.

Editor In Chief
http://hothardware.com

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 997
Points 14,405
Manduh replied on Fri, Aug 12 2011 12:00 PM

It looks pretty awesome but is it still comfortable in your hand? I guess it's something one could get used to.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,099
Points 13,965
fat78 replied on Fri, Aug 12 2011 2:17 PM

"is it still comfortable in your hand?"

This mouse has so many different ways to customize the mouse, that it pretty much fits any one. However it takes some time to find the right fit.

Also the battery in the wireless one takes about 5 secs to change, so less chance of messing up if you are playing a game.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 385
Points 3,845
RTietjens replied on Fri, Aug 12 2011 2:21 PM

OK, for that price I should be able to specify color, and I want one in brass and copper.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 283
Points 2,780
Chainzsaw replied on Fri, Aug 12 2011 3:18 PM

I just got the CYBORG RAT 9 wireless mouse as a bday present recently. It is amazing. The best mouse i've ever used so far. I don't use the weights as I find it makes the mouse way too heavy.

It came with 2 batteries, one for charging while the other goes in your mouse. It also came with a dedicated wireless sender/receiver so there was no set up at all (just the drivers).

The only problem i found with this mouse is the back and forward buttons where the thumb goes. It should have been another 1/2 inch forward, and the precision button should have been slightly more down.

I would give this mouse a 9.5/10. the .5 missing for a slightly badly located back/forward button.

One more thing...I would say the constuction of this mouse is worth every dollar it costs. The skeletal frame is some kind of aluminum, with hard plastic for the outer shells - mouse buttons, thumb rests, etc.

I would say anyone looking for a great mouse - take a look at this one.

Current computer:

Asus G73JH-A1

Core i7 720QM

Mobility Radeon 5870 1GBVRAM

8GB Ram

1 X OCZ Vertex 2 120GB SSD

1 X 500GB HDD

17.3FHD (1080P) Panel

Blu Ray Drive (reader)

HDMI Out

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 754
Points 8,520
LBowen replied on Mon, Aug 15 2011 1:03 AM

That is so awesome looking I just expect it to transform.

"I have the power!!"

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,385
Points 31,075
rrplay replied on Mon, Aug 15 2011 9:43 AM

I guess for me when i see a product and stop back to look at it again it get pretty HOT to consider and notice some things a bit differently.Sure would like to get my hands on this for a good look see and feel sometime.One of things I have noticed is that on some days I sometimes feel like my thumbs is a bit 'long' Seriously even though it 's the same hand as yesterday ..Anyone that's played enough golf can understand what is meant by having a short' or long thumb with grip and wrist position. yet somehow can seem to feel a bit different on occasion..For those reasons and the flexibility of this mouse adjustments looking better.all the time.And the black ?? woo -hoo ! way cool !

"Don't Panic ! 'cause HH got's your back!"

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS