Gigabyte Announces Next-Gen Support For Existing 6-Series Boards

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 25,689
Points 1,156,295
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Mon, Aug 8 2011 3:43 PM
BIOS updates are flowing over at Gigabyte, as the motherboard maker announced support for Intel’s 22nm Ivy Bridge chips and PCI Express 3.0 in its 6-series motherboards. The company is looking to stay current on support for the latest technologies and apparently didn’t want to wait to put out a new line of boards before rolling out some upgrades to its customers. The BIOS update is available for 6-series boards--almost four dozen of them, actually, all running the Z68, P67/H67, or H61 chipsets.

Usually, BIOS updates are a bit of a snore, but this one is a doozy in that it delivers support for two exciting new technologies in one stroke, without requiring users to buy a new motherboard. Gigabyte customers have reason to be pleased today.

GIGABYTE Announces Entire 6 Series Ready to Support Native PCIe Gen. 3
Future Proof Your Platform for Next Generation Intel 22nm CPUs
2011/08/08

City of Industry, California, August 8, 2011 - GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY Co., Ltd, a leading manufacturer of motherboards, graphics cards and computing hardware solutions today announced their entire range of 6 series motherboards are ready to support the next generation Intel 22nm CPUs (LGA1155 Socket) as well as offer native support for PCI Express Gen. 3 technology, delivering maximum data bandwidth for future discrete graphics cards.
Wanting to provide maximum upgradeability to customers, GIGABYTE has enabled native support for PCI Express Gen. 3 across the entire range of GIGABYTE 6 series motherboards, including the recently launched G1.Sniper 2 motherboard, when paired with Intel’s next generation 22nm CPUs. By installing the latest BIOS for their 6 series motherboards today, users can be assured they are ready to take advantage of all the performance enhancements tomorrow’s technologies have to offer.
To future proof your GIGABYTE 6 series motherboard, please download and install the latest BIOS update for your motherboard model from the GIGABYTE website: www.gigabyte.us.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,558
Points 103,045
MembershipAdministrator

This is good news for Gigabyte owners. On another note, if Gigabyte can do this, then maybe the other guys can do it as well?

Line up and step up to the plate ASUS, ASRock, and all you others,......

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 467
Points 3,710

Hopefully they are the "Official BIOS".

I will never ever in my life use a "Beta" BIOS again I learned my lesson.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS