Large monitors (30")

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 30
ppludoc Posted: Thu, Jul 28 2011 4:36 PM

This is my first post in this fabulous site. 

Great work, congratulations.
I'm glad I found this site

I read your review of the  LCD S-IPS HP ZR30w and now I  am faced with the need to choose a monitor that size for my work & pleasure

I have this options: (They are the only ones I found in my surroundings for now)

Dell UltraSharp U3011

Nec MultiSync PA301W

LG W300H-BN

Eizo COLOREDGE CG303W  (A bit pricey)

LCD S-IPS HP ZR30w (best price)

but I have no comparative technical information to decide which is moreinteresting to me. My work is in medical 3D tasks and my pleasure is surfing the net, video, read (e-book & pdf), a bit of photo ... a bit of everything and many hours in front of the screen

I would be very grateful for suggestions and technical information to consider

Regards

pplu

• Filed under:
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,120
Points 12,940

"Go for the Nec MultiSync PA301W with the SpectraView calibration system. The PA301W has almost perfect score in all the sites that have reviewed it, the only reason it did not get a perfect score, was due to its price and bulkiness, other than then that, the picture quality is immaculate and pristine. It also has four display inputs, 2 DVI ports and 2 Display ports. Has PIP (Picture in Picture) so you can have two sources available on screen and an easy fast switching mechanism between video sources (4 total). Pivots 90 Degrees "

The HP ZR30w is great right out of the box, bu it doesn't have and OSD for calibrating built in, it has to be done via software. It doesn't Pivot, but it has a great price and performs flawlessly.

Same thing can be said about the Dell UltraSharp U3011.

The LG W300H-BN is old and outdated. 

I see the Nec MultiSync PA301W as The BMW of Monitors, and the Eizo COLOREDGE CG303W is the Bentley. There a reason why its worth what its worth but dou you really need to spend that much to have maybe at most 10% more performance than the NEC monitor? Nah, 

ppludoc:
My work is in medical 3D tasks and my pleasure is surfing the net, video, read (e-book & pdf), a bit of photo ... a bit of everything and many hours in front of the screen

I trust that the NEC is the best  for you, The Eizo just has two DVI connections that will be used up since it doesn't have Display port, hence, to get 30 Bit color reproduction, you will have to use both DVI ports. 

The PA301W has 4 inputs, perfect for connecting multiple sources. I'll add some link later, hope it helps, but if you can try them out at a local store, go for it and see which satisfies your needs. 

-Optimus

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 30
ppludoc replied on Sun, Jul 31 2011 12:48 PM

Thank you very much, I appreciate your excellent response. I think I'll decide by the NEC as you recommend with impeccable reasoning.

I have a NVidia Quadro 4000 to accompany the NEC, I think the combination is balanced

Thanks again and sorry for my clumsy English (And thanks also to Google translator)

Regards

Jose Luis

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS