Apple's Sandy Bridge-Based Mac Mini Review

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 25,873
Points 1,172,785
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Thu, Jul 28 2011 12:16 PM

Apple's Sandy Bridge-Based Mac Mini ReviewApple's Mac mini hadn't seen a substantial update for about a year, but with Intel's Sandy Bridge-based second generation Core processor family arriving in 2011, it was only a matter of time before one of those chips found favor with Apple's tiniest desktop.

The Mac mini design really hasn't changed all that much in the year or so it took the folks in Cupertino to swap out the Core 2 Duo for a Core i5. In terms of volume and dimension, it's almost exactly the same as the 2010 edition, but with a major addition—support for Thunderbolt...

Apple's Sandy Bridge-Based Mac Mini Review

• | Post Points: 65
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,120
Points 12,940

"I see this as the starter kit into getting in the MAC world and also a neat looking HTPC. I Like it, Its nice, but it is not for me. Excellent review."

-Optimus

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 467
Points 3,710

Most of Apples products do indeed look sleek I give them that.

I guess that sort of answers my question about what CPU provided they were going to go with, although this is an entry level product one would think Apple might entertain a Fusion APU strictly for the graphics and power consumption.

Good review Ray

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,236
Points 37,910
AKwyn replied on Thu, Jul 28 2011 7:43 PM

Excellent review, though the Mac Mini's are not my cup of tea but I am intrigued by the way that they put so much performance into a small machine...

"The future starts with you; now start posting more!"

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,577
Points 103,200
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Thu, Jul 28 2011 10:21 PM

I started my Mac experience with a mac-mini years ago. It had the G4 CPU in it and was a good little PC. These new boxes actually look pretty good to me and if I had the cash, I'd get one of them. If I end up with the cash, I most likely will. There is nothing wrong with OS-X folks,....it does everything it's supposed to do quite well. I would never use it for gaming though.

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS