Toshiba's New Fab5 Memories Plant Opens Up In Japan

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,748
Points 1,210,330
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Wed, Jul 13 2011 3:42 PM
Memory: can we really ever have enough of it? It's doubtful, and that's why innovative approaches to ReRAM and NAND are making the rounds this week. Toshiba has just announced that they have completed the construction of their Fab5, a new manufacturing wing for NAND flash memories. The plant is located at their Yokkaichi facility in Japan, and operations are functional as of now. The company considers this place their most advanced NAND plant yet, where they'll also product 3D NAND memories defined as "post-NAND flash memory."

The company's planning to make extra investments depending on market trends, and a "second-term" clean room should get going in 2012/2014. Hard to say what kind of immediate impact this will have on your gadgets, but rest assured: more memories, and smaller memories, are a good thing.
  • | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,771
Points 105,115
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Wed, Jul 13 2011 10:29 PM

Yeah!!

WOW!!

Actually it is great news, likely to effect memory prices in the future.

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,809
Points 18,105

Good to see that the Japanese have grown some NAD's and brought production back to their own country! ......Hint-Hint Washington!

Hopefully this will help the economy after the Tsunami! I know my GF's brothers are at half schedule because of declined production in the automarket.

Intel Core i7-875K Quad
Asetek 510LC 120MM
4GB Kingston Hyper-X DDR-3
ASUS P7P55D-E Pro
CyberPower 800 PSU
Kingston 64GB SSD 
2 Hitachi 1-TB HDD'S
FirePro V8800
8X Blu-Ray DVD±R/±RW
HPw2207 22" LCD
Cintiq 21UX
CoolerMaster 690II Advance