Spotify's Music Streaming Magic Is Coming To America

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,165
Points 1,185,540
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Thu, Jul 7 2011 2:47 AM
Spotify is coming to the place that seems to want it most: America. After taking Europe by storm, the music streaming application has finally slid the necessary pieces into place to launch in the United States. Reportedly, disagreements with labels kept it from becoming available in the U.S., but it looks like those kinks are ironed out at this point. According to a new page at the site, "Spotify is coming to the U.S." Doesn't get much clearer than that.

The news will certainly delight those who are currently mulling which music streaming service to pick, with iCloud, Google Music and Rhapsody (amongst others) all calling for their business. It'll put millions of tracks at the hands of Americans, ready to stream and play instantly. Of course, there will be a free version and a paid / premium version, and if you plan on streaming heavily, you'll need to invest in the monthly-fee service.

But even that's probably music to the ears of U.S. consumers who have heard the praises of Spotify being sung in Europe. A small price to pay for equality, as they say.
  • | Post Points: 65
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 225
Points 2,395
Kiristo replied on Thu, Jul 7 2011 4:13 AM

I've never heard of this. Should check it out while I'm still in Europe I suppose...

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 843
Points 9,155

I haven't heard of this either, I just read a few comparisons between Pandora and Spotify. One reviewer claimed spotify was over hyped and quite a big more expensive, others say it's the best thing since sliced bread. I guess I'll just have to try it out, either way competition is always good in the marketplace.

Now you're just mashing it!

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 350
Points 2,325
HHGrrl replied on Thu, Jul 7 2011 3:34 PM

I'll be interested to see who's on top in this market in a few months after people have had the chance to try out various services.

For those of you who use a streaming service, which one do you prefer?

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,809
Points 18,105

With all the free services, I dont see how many more we need? Unless they are not paying licensing rights to the artists!

Intel Core i7-875K Quad
Asetek 510LC 120MM
4GB Kingston Hyper-X DDR-3
ASUS P7P55D-E Pro
CyberPower 800 PSU
Kingston 64GB SSD 
2 Hitachi 1-TB HDD'S
FirePro V8800
8X Blu-Ray DVD±R/±RW
HPw2207 22" LCD
Cintiq 21UX
CoolerMaster 690II Advance