Zuckerberg Says Facebook Is Planning “Something Awesome” For Next Week

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,182
Points 1,186,015
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Fri, Jul 1 2011 1:12 PM

Hot on the heels of the Google+ announcement, Facebook’s CEO Mark Zuckerberg recently told reporters his company is planning to “launch something awesome” next week. Speculation around the announcement primarily surrounds the mobile or tablet space, though Zuckerberg didn’t reveal specific details.

Over the past few weeks, there has been speculation about various mobile products that may or may not be in development at Facebook, including the release of an application designed specifically for Apple’s iPad. Another possibility would be a specialized application that enables photo-sharing from the iPhone.

Zuckerberg did reveal that the new project has been developed at Facebook’s Seattle office. In the past, the Seattle office has been responsible for many of the company’s mobile efforts. The office played a central role in the development of Facebook’s unified mobile site.

• | Post Points: 80
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,865
Points 29,645

I am guessing that the speculation is right and it is an official iOS app. Though it could be something bigger.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,120
Points 12,940

"Yep, and Geo Hotz hard at work"

-Optimus

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,795
Points 40,670
Inspector replied on Fri, Jul 1 2011 11:33 PM

Guess thats where geo comes in. He works fast... LOL

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,236
Points 37,910
AKwyn replied on Sat, Jul 2 2011 12:23 AM

GeoHotz in full effect.

Wouldn't matter to me since I barely use Facebook anyway but I'm sure the Facebook users will praise it like god when it's released.

"The future starts with you; now start posting more!"

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,651
Points 104,115
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Sat, Jul 2 2011 10:52 AM

TaylorKarras:
I'm sure the Facebook users will praise it like god when it's released.

What's FaceBook?

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,830
Points 45,790
rapid1 replied on Sat, Jul 2 2011 2:57 PM

ROFL good one realneil. I actually think Facebook is going to have to start grabbing new users as it will have some real new competition. Google+ of course is some competition and is really pretty neat and not as intrusive as Facebook is either. On top of that Myspace was just bough and from what I understand Justin Timberlake is in on it as well. While that means nothing to me as well I am sure to many of you he is a recognizable name to the kiddies. So he will bring something to it and they are also the largest user base for Facebook as well as the widest group of users who will flip on a dime (especially with a big star name combined). The part that is really interesting to me in this is he (JT) is supposedly deep into the design and advisement part of the coming new entity.

MB:ASUS Z87C
CPU:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 4770 ***
GPU:Geforce GTX 770 4GB
Mem:***ingston 16384MB RAM
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 15

Hope this will be something really AWESOME for the users. let your finger crossed for the new surprise. Any guesses what would it be?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS