Asus P6X58XD-E MB (intel Chipset X58)

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 274
Points 3,030
Mike Coyne Posted: Mon, Jun 20 2011 12:42 AM

I know few of you has read my recent post in "MY RIG". Well, I am still not sure about have dual video card in Crossfire (I am go with AMD/ATI Radeon video card). I might stick with one video card. I know this motherboard are flexible to have one or dual or triple video card. I want to know if anyone have run single video card on any brand of MB  based on Intel X5 But I will consider about get 2 set of video card turn in crossfire mode. One thing is I will remove my WIFI card out of my exiting PC into new PC. It has 2 PCI slot on ASUS. If I run on crossfire mode and there will have no room for my WIFI card. (My WIFI card is PCI card add on. Any idea will help me. Maybe stick with one video card so there will be room for my WIFI card..

Thanks for your help

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,374
Points 80,315

I currently run and single car on my Evga x58 3SLI mobo. When I first build my computer I had 2 275GTX's in SLI they took a ton of power, hence the 1000w PSU I have. But I am currently running a single 5870. While it was nice to have the SLI 275gtx's for less then the price as a single 295gtx and about the same performance. I don't miss the extra power consumption and therefore extra heat it produced. 

I would say just stick with one and upgrade as needed, when newer and better cards come out. 

"Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."

Z77 GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER

GIGABYTE GTX670

G.Skill Ripjaws X 16gb PC2133

Antec P280

Corsair H100

Asus Blu-ray burner

Seasonic X650 PSU

Patriot Pyro 128gb SSD

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 274
Points 3,030

I think you are right. Start with one video card. I am sure it will handle. most of tasking and on game. Thanks for your info.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS