Fujitsui's Feature Phone Features Fragrance Chip

rated by 0 users
This post has 10 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,220
Points 1,187,385
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Sat, Jun 18 2011 2:55 PM
It's typically atypical, which is something that might be expected from a Japanese firm like Fujitsu. Although this phone isn't even a smartphone, and doesn't appear to have Android on it, but one thing's for sure: it doesn't stink.

That's right, despite what you might think from the description, this "gorgeously designed" flip phone doesn't stink, because it has a special chip where a woman can dab her perfume. The phone also has a "diamond-like jewel block of two-karat cubic zirconia."

The new mobile phone, dubbed the Fujitsu F-022, is the result of a collaboration between Fujitsu and jewelry, watches and accessories brand Folli Follie, which is popular in both Japan and China, the target market. Sales of the F-022, which sounds more like a fighter jet, will begin on June 24, 2011 at Beijing Digital Telecom Co., a Chinese mobile phone chain with over 1,000 stores.

The phone will run on both China Mobile and China Unicom. In addition to its fashionable exterior, the F-022 sports an 8.1-megapixel camera, with a "beautiful skin mode," and is water resistant, to boot. Fujitsu said the target audience in China are 20 to 40 year-old women with a "well-developed sense of fashion."

While we said that the "fragrance chip" feature meant that the phone wouldn't "stink," despite our opinion, we could be wrong. After all, the "fragrance chip" is detachable.

Still, despite the fact that this is just a feature phone, with all this bling, the F-022 might just succeed and come up smelling like roses.
  • | Post Points: 125
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,120
Points 12,940

News:
Although this phone isn't even a smartphone,

"If  the audience in China that are 20 to 40 year-old women with a "well-developed sense of fashion." don't have a taste for a smart phone then they pretty much don't have a "well-developed sense of fashion." This is just looks like they trying to sell an 8.1 mega pixel camera with phone capabilities and a wireless Glade plug in fragrance.'

-Optimus 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,099
Points 13,965
fat78 replied on Sat, Jun 18 2011 6:30 PM

Is there a problem with phones having a bad smell? Seems very pointless, but my phone doesnt smell.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 271
Points 3,015

fat78:

Is there a problem with phones having a bad smell? Seems very pointless, but my phone doesn't smell.

i agree fat78 may be they need to keep there phone some were else my phone smells fine to at least no ones ever complained about it.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,383
Points 31,050
rrplay replied on Sat, Jun 18 2011 8:42 PM

maybe in some markets in the world ..any time some folks get a whiff of some new 'bling' they just got's to have it. Whether it improves personal bling-factor, aroma or not.

maybe it's Smexy too ! lol

"Don't Panic ! 'cause HH got's your back!"

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,795
Points 40,670
Inspector replied on Sat, Jun 18 2011 11:31 PM

Hey, now they don't have to put on perfume, just don't forget the phone at home... :P

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,865
Points 29,645
omegadraco replied on Sun, Jun 19 2011 11:47 AM

Wow the Japanese really come up with some crazy ideas. I have heard of phones being covered with tons of bacteria but never have I heard of one that smelled. I guess a woman can dab her perfume on the phone and walk through a crowded area and attract all the guys. Who's to say a man could not dab his cologne on it and do the same...

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 88
Points 750

Meh, what I'm looking forward to is when they bring more scent technology to video games. Imagine, when you go through a pine forest, you smell pines and when you go into a burning village, you smell smoke. It would take a while to reach perfection (but what is perfection, just about everything can be improved :) ), but it would sure add a lot of realism to games. Not sure how they would go about reproducing the right smells and scents though.lol

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,120
Points 12,940

"Come to think of it, it would have been cool if it has a silent mode were instead of vibrating , it would alert you by activating the fragrance. Even Better Yet, A customize scent for each contact, the worst smell goes to your mother on law."

-Optimus

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,236
Points 37,910
AKwyn replied on Sun, Jun 19 2011 3:21 PM

I also agree. I want my phone to smell as nice as me when I go out.

"The future starts with you; now start posting more!"

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,099
Points 13,965
fat78 replied on Sun, Jun 19 2011 10:09 PM

That would be pretty cool to have smells produced in video games, but instead of having the fumes of smell produced to trigger your smell receptors the person could have electric devices to trick the mind. May sound like a crazy idea, but perhaps electric current could be ran to certain receptors to trigger them. Many test have shown electric current can have many different effects on the human brain.

NTT (Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation) has created a remote "mind control" device that tricks a persons ear receptor to make them think they are off balance so they change their footing or body to compensate. Allowing the controller to make the person walk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf0E9llkZIU

PS: just another crazy idea i thought up and you probably shouldn't listen to it because i am not a neurologist.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS