Taiwan Paper Suggests New MacBook Air, iPad Coming This Year

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,356
Points 1,191,585
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Wed, Jun 15 2011 10:40 AM
Is a new MacBook Air on the horizon? Perhaps! The company's slimmest notebook ever hasn't seen a major update in a long, long while, and during that span of time, both AMD and Intel have come out with crafty new high-power, low-drain chips. According to a new report stemming from Taiwan's Economic Daily, those holding out for a new build may not have to hold out too much longer.

The details are extremely thin. The paper only mentions that together with the current version, 460,000 of the Air units were scheduled to ship this month. What really gives us hope here is that this paper is a reliable one, and in turn, Quanta Computer and Catcher Technology both saw their stocks jump on the news. As if a new MacBook Air mention weren't enough, the Daily also stated that the iPad 3 could launch in Q4, with a higher-res display as the highlight feature.

Combine all of those things with an impending iPhone 5 release, and it looks like the year's shaping up to be quite the interesting one for Apple.
  • | Post Points: 95
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,120
Points 12,940

"A new Macbook Air, sure, an I-Pad 3, nah. Apple has no reason whatsoever to release a new version of its mega hit version 2. If and when the Ipad 3 will be ready, It will probably be announce on Mr Jobs birthday once again, in 2012."

-Optimus

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 467
Points 3,710

Could this be the one that finally incorporates Fusion?

It would not surprise me but SandyBridge is a power house coupled with a good CPU is hard to argue.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,865
Points 29,645

The macbook air only needs to be refreshed at this point it does not really need a full revision so I have no doubt they will release a new version with updated hardware. iPad 3 only if the only update to do to the thing is put a better display in it.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 207
Points 1,515
pwrntspd replied on Wed, Jun 15 2011 11:26 PM

Meh, same old same old for apple. Out with the old, in with the new. Unless they do something stunning, which i doubt they will, it will be more of the same.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
SLiu2 replied on Thu, Jun 16 2011 12:12 AM

MacBook Air is a refresh with Thunderbolt port. iPad 3 release is just dumb speculation. You still cant get iPad 2 why would they release a new one? Rubbish.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 88
Points 750

Perhaps they feel the current Macbook isn't catching enough air. lol XP

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,236
Points 37,910
AKwyn replied on Fri, Jun 17 2011 6:37 AM

Well. People could be looking for an even thinner MacBook Air that'll cost a lot more.

I don't see why people would choose that over the MacBook, I mean it does the same stuff the MacBook Air does but for less; and it's an Apple product!

"The future starts with you; now start posting more!"

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS