SteelSeries Launches Diablo-Branded Gaming Accessories At E3

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 24,856
Points 1,115,475
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Sat, Jun 11 2011 2:06 AM
E3 just wrapped up this week, but a whole ton of new gear was introduced in the few days that the convention ran. Including these. SteelSeries, a company known for their PC gaming peripherals, announced a new family of exclusive Diablo III accessories, co-designed with Blizzard Entertainment. There's a lot of big names attached to the release, and it's fitting for it all to launch at a show as mega as E3. The Diablo III Mouse, Headset and a pair of QcK mousepads made their debut, with the Witch Doctor and Barbarian boasting illumination features that supposedly highlight the next installment of the Diablo series.

The mouse ($69) has a laser sensor with up to 5000 CPI, seven ergonomically positioned buttons that can survive relentless punishment with a guaranteed lifespan of 10 million clicks, an ambidextrous shape and a matte grip. The headset ($119) touts leather earcups, 50mm driver units, and it's the first illuminated headset from the company.  Coming from a total of 18 LED lights throughout the headset, the red glow is seen in two places each on the right and left side – surrounding the edge of each ear cup, and the three Diablo slashes.

The mousepads have a non-slip base, and while the Barbarian includes official character artwork of the barbarian class along with the deep reds and earthy tones associated with this brutal fighter, the SteelSeries Diablo III QcK Witch Doctor Edition summons the cooler, green and purple tones that are linked to this new and powerful summoning character.  Each will have a $14.99 / €14.99 MSRP. So, anyone ready to get their game on?
  • | Post Points: 125
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,864
Points 29,610

These things look pretty sweet. Is this a hint that Blizzard is getting closer to releasing this epic game.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,099
Points 13,965
fat78 replied on Sat, Jun 11 2011 9:27 AM

Headset looks pretty cool.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 231
Points 3,280
PFeenstra replied on Sat, Jun 11 2011 11:45 AM

Yeah D3 on the way, looks slick and comfy.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 467
Points 3,710

That is great price on that mouse for sure!!!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 754
Points 8,520
LBowen replied on Sat, Jun 11 2011 11:55 AM

They look nice but I already have a pair of headsets that are extremely comfortable. I am one for function over form; as long as they are fully functioning and comfortable I don't really care if it catches they eye. Unless you want your opponent to stare at your mouse for a split second so you can own them.

"I have the power!!"

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,365
Points 30,865
rrplay replied on Sat, Jun 11 2011 1:15 PM

Always a good thing to have some new a great choice out there for mice and headsets . Nice to see a mouse that's good for lefties as well. Might be a bit 'o fun to try that mouse left-handed with a kinda drinking game LH mousin !

any hooo .. I agree that user comfort and performance is a priority & plays an important purchase factor and these may be worthwhile to check out

"Don't Panic ! 'cause HH got's your back!"

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 261
Points 2,555

The mouse and headset look very sweet together. However, I'm happy with my current mouse and headset... and I don't want to spend over $200 for all three items. It's not in my budget, nor does it make sense for me to get new gaming gear to replace ones that I currently love.

Never stop learning... until you're dead.

Jack of all trades, master of none.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 88
Points 750

Maybe this will be what I end up buying, as I have been looking for a good mouse, and sometime want to upgrade my headphones.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS