HP’s TouchPad Tablet Is Coming July 1

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 25,805
Points 1,164,590
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Fri, Jun 10 2011 12:44 PM

The Wi-Fi version of HP’s TouchPad tablet will be available in the United States on July 1. This tablet will also be available in the United Kingdom, Ireland, France and Germany a few days later and in Canada in mid-July. Availability in other countries will follow. The TouchPad will be available with 16GB or 32GB of internal storage for $499.99 and $599.99, respectively. A version of the TouchPad will also be available through AT&T later this summer.

HP Announces HP TouchPad Availability for United States, Europe and Canada

Wi-Fi version of first HP webOS tablet also coming to Asia Pacific later this year

PALO ALTO, Calif., June 9, 2011

HP today announced that the Wi-Fi version of HP TouchPad will be available in the United States on July 1.

HP's first webOS tablet will be available in the United Kingdom, Ireland, France and Germany a few days later and in Canada in mid-July, with availability scheduled to follow later this year in Italy and Spain, as well as in Australia, Hong Kong, New Zealand and Singapore.

HP TouchPad will be available from U.S. retailers, commercial resellers and direct from HP with the option of either 16 GB or 32 GB of internal storage(1) for $499.99 and $599.99, respectively.(2) Preorders in North America and Europe will begin June 19.

"What makes HP TouchPad a compelling alternative to competing products is webOS," said Jon Rubinstein, senior vice president and general manager, Palm Global Business Unit, HP. "The platform's unmatched features and flexibility will continue to differentiate HP products from the rest of the market for both personal and professional use. This is only the beginning of what HP's scale can do with webOS."

With webOS, HP TouchPad users have a next-level multitasking experience, access to the web, premium audio playback with stereo speakers and Beats Audio™ technology, the ability to find information on the device or in the cloud using the Just Type feature, integrated access to their information with HP Synergy, and HP's exclusive Touch to Share capability for sharing web addresses between HP TouchPad and compatible webOS phones.(3)

Optional accessories for HP TouchPad include the HP Touchstone Charging Dock, the HP TouchPad Wireless Keyboard and the HP TouchPad Case (sold separately).

HP also announced it will be partnering with AT&T to introduce a connected version of HP TouchPad later this summer. More information will be available closer to availability.

U.S. retailers and commercial resellers for HP TouchPad will include Best Buy, Staples, Office Depot, Walmart, Sam's Club, OfficeMax, Amazon.com, Fry's, Microcenter, other leading local and regional retailers, and HP's online stores. Specific pricing and availability for HP TouchPad in Canada, France, Germany, Ireland and the United Kingdom will be announced regionally. Details for Australia, Hong Kong, Italy, New Zealand, Singapore and Spain will be announced at a later date.

More information about HP TouchPad, including product features and specs, is available at www.hpwebos.com/us/products/pads/touchpad.

• | Post Points: 80
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,865
Points 29,645

Sweet I know there are several people looking forward to this tablet. I am sure I am not the only one looking forward to a full and through review on this one.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 350
Points 2,325
HHGrrl replied on Sat, Jun 11 2011 3:18 PM

I'm anxious to see a review of this tablet! It will be interesting to see what HP has done (and will do!) with webOS.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,809
Points 18,105

YEAAAAH Still holding my breath! :P

They been saying this since two years ago!

Intel Core i7-875K Quad
Asetek 510LC 120MM
4GB Kingston Hyper-X DDR-3
ASUS P7P55D-E Pro
CyberPower 800 PSU
Kingston 64GB SSD 
2 Hitachi 1-TB HDD'S
FirePro V8800
8X Blu-Ray DVD±R/±RW
HPw2207 22" LCD
Cintiq 21UX
CoolerMaster 690II Advance
Win 7 Pro 64 bit
Special thanks to HotHardware.com!
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,904
Points 24,545
digitaldd replied on Tue, Jun 14 2011 10:09 AM

Is HP going to host a cloud music service? Please say it ain't so, there's way too much Metoo in the tech industry these days.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20
DJ56 replied on Fri, Oct 28 2011 12:20 PM

The HP TouchPad is great I can't understand why they stop producing them. At least they have gone down in price. I just hope that another company can take over the licence and produce the Touchpad, do you think that could be possible? 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,571
Points 103,110
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Fri, Oct 28 2011 1:46 PM

HP will continue on in the PC/Tab business it seems.

SEE HERE

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS