Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Review: Android 3.1 Tablet

rated by 0 users
This post has 13 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,368
Points 1,191,885
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Fri, Jun 10 2011 12:24 PM

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Review: Android 3.1 TabletThe Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 is the first consumer tablet to ship that’s thinner than Apple’s iPad 2. Samsung put in a lot of effort to make a tablet that was slimmer than their primary competitors’ , in the process nixing the original Tab 10.1 (which has since been renamed the Tab 10.1v) and forging ahead with a new plan. The new plan resulted in the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, which is also one of the first tablets to ship from the factory with Android 3.1...

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Review: Android 3.1 Tablet

• | Post Points: 200
Not Ranked
Posts 33
Points 300
herlof replied on Fri, Jun 10 2011 5:48 PM

marco i saw your review and unboxing on YouTube and also i saw when you did the eee pad transformer i saw there are almost the same , but on your case if had to choose which one you will pick and why?

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,865
Points 29,645

This looks like an incredible tablet. Still out of my price range unfortunately. So it is thinner than the iPad 2 I guess Apple won't get to sue Samsung over this one.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 754
Points 8,520
LBowen replied on Sat, Jun 11 2011 12:11 AM

Very solid tablet but I would still got with the ASUS Eee personally. The benchmarks and features on this one are pretty competitive though.

"I have the power!!"

Not Ranked
Posts 6
Points 45

"and they ran a full desktop OS that wasn't designed for touch input. "

As someone who owned one, they didnt need to be designed for touch. Being designed for a mouse already made them support touch. Running a full desktop OS was the best part about them, and you can pry it from my cold dead fingers.

And you kept tilting it in the opposite direction it was going in, what gives?

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 467
Points 3,710

Battery life is what stuck out to me.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

The Galaxy Tab 10.1 is indeed the best out there however it has one point to it not mentioned in the article which may keep a lot of people from buying it and that's the current uncertainty of the OS.

Nobody yet knows if Samsung will allow customers to keep the stock UI or if we will be forced to update to a bloated customised version on Honeycomb. I certainly wouldn't like to buy a product only to find out it changes completely in a few months time (And we know it's coming because Samsung has already said so).

I think the tablet lacks ports, specially with the new USB host features in 3.1 however that is something I can look past. I'll be keeping my eye on this one and if Samsug decides to drop TouchWiz (Or at least let us decide if we want it) I'll certainly stand in line to buy one.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
LNgyen replied on Sun, Jun 12 2011 6:32 AM

Another advantage of these Honeycomb tablets is the screen ratio. Better for watching widescreen videos and reading IMO.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,625
Points 55,205
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Dave_HH replied on Sun, Jun 12 2011 6:59 PM

*sigh* Final correction made in the commentary on screen (video demo). This tablet has a GORGEOUS display.

Editor In Chief
http://hothardware.com

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,383
Points 31,080
rrplay replied on Tue, Jun 14 2011 9:17 AM

I like this Samsung tablet a lot ! Like the simplicity but most really like the display and it does seem to be quite responsive.That it something i would notice and be important to me as well as the simplicity, and functions.Still would like to just compare 'hands-on' side by side with the Asus, and pretty sure I may decide on the Samsung if the screen and crispness of text are the winner.

"Don't Panic ! 'cause HH got's your back!"

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 225
Points 2,395
Kiristo replied on Tue, Jun 21 2011 4:30 AM

I don't see a personal need for a tablet, but I really like this one. Samsung always has great displays (TVs and monitors), this looks great as well. I would definitely go with something like this over an Apple product.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 15

This is awesome. i was never been a fan of Samsung. But know i'm getting. This a great tab. I'm dying for it.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

hi! glad being here! Smile

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
MOrthus replied on Tue, Oct 4 2011 2:18 PM

Ensquared Tablet insurance gives you 2 year protection against Accidental Damage including Drops and Spills plus Extended Warranty for only $94.99

$50 deductible, and 3 x $1000 claim value per claim. Visit www.ensquared.com/tablet_catalog

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS