Sony Introduces 24" VAIO L All-In-One Desktop PC

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 25,838
Points 1,169,915
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Wed, Jun 8 2011 11:17 PM
Is it a TV? Or a PC? Is it both? The world may never know! Sony's new VAIO L is one of the wildest all-in-one computers, and it honestly looks a lot like a 3DTV. Speaking of 3D, it definitely supports 3D, but would you expect anything else from such a pioneering voice in the 3D universe? The machine has a 24" LED-backlit multi-touch display, with touch access to the Internet, TV (optional), Blu-ray (optional), and yes, a regular Windows PC.

There's an HDMI socket, USB port, and Sony tosses in a pair of rechargeable action 3D glasses as well. It'll ship with a Core i7 processor, Windows 7 Professional, a discrete NVIDIA graphics card (with 1GB of VRAM), an AIO design, wireless keyboard / mouse, USB 3.0 connectivity, HD webcam, and plenty of multimedia support. It'll ship in July for upwards of $1400, but boy, we'd pay the premium!

Powerful and Productive:

* Quad Core Intel® Core™ i7 processor for visibly smart performance at its best (select models)
    * Windows® 7 Professional (select models)
    * Windows® 7 Home Premium (select models)
    * Dedicated NVIDIA® graphics with 1GB VRAM (select models)
    * Sleek and sexy All-in-One design from any angle
    * Compact All-in-One design, wireless keyboard and mouse offer a clutter-free workspace
    * Wait less and transfer data faster with USB 3.0 technology
    * HD web camera powered by Exmor™ sensor offers great low-light performance and superb video chatting quality
    * VAIO Care™ software makes PC maintenance simple

Easy Entertainment:

* Explore the web, music, photos and more with a touch of a finger
    * Multi-touch controls offer a simple, intuitive way to explore your PC
    * Edge Access™ technology incorporates touchable controls into the display's bezel
    * Experience 2D and 3D Blu-ray Disc™ movies (select models) and games in stunning Full 1080p HD
    * Enjoy your photos and videos in 3D with the 3D photo and video viewer
    * Enjoy rich, full audio with S-FORCE™ 3D Front Surround Sound technology
    * Connect your PS3™ system or set-top box via HDMI input
    * Experience your content in a whole new way with Media Gallery™ software
    * A true All-in-One solution with a PC, Blu-ray Disc™ player (select models), HDTV and DVR (select models) in one sophisticated wall-mountable package (mount sold separately).

WHEN:
The L Series with 3D technology will be available July 13, 2011 for pre-sale at www.sonystyle.com/lseries and at select retailers around the country for about $1,420. The new L Series comes in black or a premium white Signature Collection model, and it will be on display at the E3 tradeshow in Los Angeles starting June 7, 2011 at the Sony Online Entertainment booth (#4600).Images are available at www.sony.com/news.
  • | Post Points: 65
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 231
Points 3,280

Wait, where's the case and the motherboard and....Are you saying everything is inside of the monitor? Hm or maybe it's inside the keyboard and mouse. I'm confused.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,372
Points 30,960
rrplay replied on Thu, Jun 9 2011 7:12 AM

@PFeenstra pretty sure all the hardware is in the monitor. mmm this looks like one would have to actually see it in person to appreciate it .The screen with it's 3D capability and viewing quality would just have to be seen to decide & at 1400 and up ? Does it make Margaritas too ?Like the other all-in -one recently seen.Maybe all -in ones can actaully provide a whole lot more user experience and performance than they once did and allow tha manufactures to really bring it on.

"Don't Panic ! 'cause HH got's your back!"

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 231
Points 3,280

Yeah really that's pretty impressive, looks like it's using the NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M. No SLI :( haha. Still, looks awesome, I'd consider something like this for the office depending on performance, but I'm sure it's fast.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,236
Points 37,910
AKwyn replied on Thu, Jun 9 2011 10:19 PM

So... This is the latest in a long line of Sony all-in-one PCs.

Looks alright. I'm sure this'll fit in perfectly in the family room, and I'm sure this'll be alright for the casual user as well but I'm not feeling the all black look.

"The future starts with you; now start posting more!"

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,120
Points 12,940

"Check it Out"

-Optimus

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS