Toshiba's Thrive Tablet To Arrive On July 10

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 24,877
Points 1,116,555
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Fri, Jun 3 2011 3:22 PM

Toshiba plans to make its upcoming 10-inch tablet known as the Thrive available on July 10. The Thrive is a Wi-Fi only tablet that is expected to have a starting price of $429. The tablet will run on Android 3.1 Honeycomb. Unlike some tablets we've seen to date, the Thrive will feature a removable battery.

Other key specifications for the Thrive include a 10.1-inch display with a resolution of 1280 x 800 along with front- and rear-facing cameras. The Thrive is expected to come in three variants: an 8GB model for $429, a 16GB model for $479 and a 32GB version for $579.

The Thrive will offer a number of connectivity ports, including a built-in HDMI out port, USB, mini USB and an SD card slot. Under the hood, you'll find an Nvidia Tegra 2 dual-core processor. Although the Thrive won't go on sale until July, users will be able to pre-order the tablet at retailers such as Best Buy and Amazon starting June 13.

• | Post Points: 95
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,864
Points 29,610

This looks almost exactly like the Galaxy 10.1 though the price point seems to be slightly better. Hmmm, lots of competition in the tablet market but the prices sure don't seem to be coming down much.

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

This is by the best specs for a tablet on the market with this price point. It has all of the features and more of a Ipad2 but comes with way better connectivity options. I will have this preordered! I think the prices and coming down alot!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 261
Points 2,555

@omegadraco - I agree. It looks very much like the Galazy 10.1 but selling at a lower price.

@joshbtoad - I wonder if the touchscreen is as responsive or better than the iPad2. From my reading, some tablets offer more features and better connectivity but their touchscreens aren't as responsive and fun to use as Apple's iPad.

Never stop learning... until you're dead.

Jack of all trades, master of none.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,236
Points 37,910
AKwyn replied on Sat, Jun 4 2011 6:41 PM

omegadraco:
This looks almost exactly like the Galaxy 10.1

I kinda agree; but I feel like this needs to be said.

Where the hell is my Handibook? Toshiba better get on that.

"The future starts with you; now start posting more!"

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,365
Points 30,865
rrplay replied on Sat, Jun 4 2011 9:03 PM

Is sure looks like the Galaxy and maybe the price may drop a bit in a little while.The market place is sure getting to be quite competitive and hopefully the pricing as well

still looks pretty good to me thought and 16 GB would be plenty for me. with such a device.

"Don't Panic ! 'cause HH got's your back!"

Not Ranked
Posts 6
Points 45

The price is nice, even if it's only $20.00 less for the "standard" 16 GB tablet. What I like is the replaceable battery.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 207
Points 1,515

Im with you Lorren, i think a replaceable battery will set this tablet apart from the others. Price is nice too, but ive never been a big fan of Toshibas products. Guess we'll have to wait and see how the OS performs.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS