Z68 motherboards

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 261
Points 2,555
omegadoom13 Posted: Thu, Jun 2 2011 12:22 AM

I would love to see more reviews of the different Z68 motherboards just coming out.  I'm not a hardcore gamer or PC enthusiast but I plan to do my first ever build some time later this year or early next, and I really like what I've been hearing about the z68.  I will most likely get one for my build.  Also, I hope to keep my next computer for 4+ years.

Never stop learning... until you're dead.

Jack of all trades, master of none.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,865
Points 29,645

Asus and ASrock (owned by ASUS) are putting out some awesome boards. The Z68 in combination with sandybridge sounds pretty awesome. You will easily be able to keep the machine for 4+ years if you put quality parts in. I have a ASUS MB with an Intel Core 2 duo and Nvidia 8800 GTX that has been going strong for 4+ years i'm planning on squeaking another 10 months or so out of it. I will probably then pass it down to one of my family members.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 261
Points 2,555

That sounds awesome!  My PC is actually 8+ years old; it's a Dell Dimension 8250.  I don't use it often anymore, because it's too slow for my current needs.  Luckily I can use my sister's desktop, which is only a year old.  I used to play a lot of PC games awhile back, but I haven't played for quite some time now... partly because my PC is so old :(   

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,236
Points 37,910
AKwyn replied on Fri, Jun 3 2011 4:37 PM

Don't forget about MSI and GIGABYTE; I've had the latter for a long time and I think of it as a decent budget overclocking motherboard. MSI is also good for the fact that they use Military components in them.

Biostar may also be good but that's depending on whether you think their motherboards will work for your purposes.

EDIT: Also, if you get an ASUS motherboard, make sure it doesn't fall pray to power pin burnout. My Maximus III GENE burned out and it may or may not be covered with warranty (terms are not clear.) if you encounter this problem. I'm currently using a ThinkBook t42P as a backup until I get my main computer up and running again.

"The future starts with you; now start posting more!"

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 261
Points 2,555

Great suggestions and advice!  Thanks man!  I'm gradually picking up knowledge here and there...  When I have spare time, I try to read-up on the latest tech news... but that can overwhelming because of the sheer number of reviews/posts/articles available out there.  

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 33
Points 265

That's some good advice... I've always been a fan of ASUS boards and have never had any major issues with them. But you do bring out some good points and I surely will take them to heart.

Thanks again bro.

p.

Not Ranked
Posts 9
Points 135
Yogotiss replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 5:45 PM

You should check this Z68 out. (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128498) Not top of the line but i serves me well

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS