Verizon Wireless Gets Droid X2 By Motorola

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,182
Points 1,185,985
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Wed, May 18 2011 12:29 PM

The Droid family on Verizon Wireless’ network continues to expand. Starting tomorrow, you’ll be able to order the new Droid X2 from Motorola through www.verizonwireless.com. The phone will hit stores on May 26 for $199.99 with a two-year contract. The Droid X2 is the first smartphone in the Verizon Wireless lineup to offer a dual-core 1GHz processor. The phone will also have a 4.3-inch scratch-resistant display, 8 megapixel camera, and mobile hotspot capabilities. The phone will run on Android 2.2 and will be updated to Android 2.3 at some point in the future.

DROID X2 BY MOTOROLA COMING TO VERIZON WIRELESS WITH DOUBLE THE POWER, DOUBLE THE DOES

Fast and Powerful DROID X2 by Motorola With Broad Range Of New Features To Be Available Online Beginning May 19

BASKING RIDGE, N.J., and LIBERTYVILLE, Ill. – Verizon Wireless and Motorola Mobility, Inc. (NYSE: MMI), today announced the second-generation DROID X2 by Motorola, designed for the consumer who does everything on their smartphone.

Fly through the Web with the DROID X2, which boasts Verizon Wireless’ first dual-core 1 GHz processor for fast webpage loading and Adobe® Flash® Player, allowing Verizon Wireless customers to experience rich content online.  The 4.3-inch scratch-resistant and anti-reflective qHD display delivers a sharp, clear view ideal for watching movies, typing emails and playing your favorite games.  Never miss a moment using the 8-megapixel camera with continuous autofocus and stunning HD video capture.  Use the new Gallery app to view, tag and post photos on sites like Flickr® and Facebook®, all from one place.

Additional features:

• Powered by Android 2.2, to be updated to Android 2.3
  • Mirror Mode allows you to view and share your photos, videos and downloaded movies on a larger TV via HDMI output
  • Enterprise-ready with security and IT-grade policies, allowing you to use your DROID X2 for work and play
  • Support for Google™ Mobile Services, including Gmail™, YouTube™, Google Talk™, Google Search™ and Google Maps™, as well as access to more than 200,000 apps available to download from Android Market™
  • Mobile Hotspot capability, allowing you to share your 3G connection with up to five Wi-Fi-enabled devices
  • Virtual QWERTY keyboard featuring SWYPE technology for quick and easy typing of messages and emails

Pricing and availability:

• The DROID X2 will be available online at www.verizonwireless.com on May 19 and in Verizon Wireless Communication Stores on May 26 for $199.99 with a new two-year customer agreement.
  • DROID X2 customers will need to subscribe to a Verizon Wireless Nationwide Talk plan and a smartphone data package.  Nationwide Talk plans begin at $39.99 for monthly access and an unlimited smartphone data plan is $29.99 for monthly access.
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,830
Points 45,790
rapid1 replied on Thu, May 19 2011 12:34 AM

This phone is nice, but I cannot bring myself to eat or throw away as much cash as Verizon commands for the same thing you can get from at least 3 other wireless providers now for less. The funny thing is I even saw a benchmarks in a national magazine as well as on websites that said T-Mobile was actually faster than there 4G LTE on there massaged 3.5, Sprint was next with Wimax, ( and pretty much tied) with Verizon as third, and At&t was dead last out of the 4 in network speed. So they may be the widest available in 2g and 3g nationwide, but there 4G is really nothing to write home about, plus it has been out like 3 times since it debuted as well has it not.

I will also say as far as it goes I can plug my phone on T-Mobile or Sprint into my desktop, or just put software on my mem card and migrate it to the phone memory if needed. So why would I pay for the mobile network the added price they want. Yes; Sprint charges 10 a month for premium data and T-Mobile charges 20, but charges 10 less than sprint on there standard bill. This basically makes Sprint and T-Mobile roughly the same price, which is of course 20-30 less than Verizon or At&t.

At&t may also eventually eat, but as it stands they still have to match the 2 year contract your on when or if it happens. On top of that T-mobile gets a free 6 Billion dollar payday even if not approved as well.

I turned my old no contract phone (not a smart phone) back on with Verizon for 10.99 a month on my moms account when my LG GX2 did not work out. The Verizon guy asked me why I had gone to T-Mobile, and I told him at the time because there phones were not as good plus they would gank me if I got a smart phone on the price. The was not because I did not like T-Mobile it was because the phone was bad, and I know better ones are coming to T-Mobile and Sprint both within a month and 10 days there are going to be current high end smart phones all over the map on every network, this phone being one of them.

Sprint will be getting the EVO 3D on top of what they now carry and the Galaxy S II, At&t will be getting the Galaxy SII as will Verizon as well by the end of June from what I am hearing as well. T-mobile will be getting the HTC Sensation and the Hercules as well. T-Mobile may also get a variant of the Galaxy SII down the road, but probably not until July or August if and when they do. On top of that there are other high end phones all over the place as well and then there will be even more by fall with a quad core or two riding in that pack as well.

Not to mention I can get service from all four and Metro PCS (in LTE 4G) where I live and Cricket, Walmart, and several other value providers as well. So why would I pay either At&t or Verizon's premium. I personally don't like giving away money even if I am wearing designer jeans to do it!

Oh and Dave and Marco I absolutely hate your new auto video/follow us player on Hot Hardware with a passion and absolutely no requital. If you have noticed my posts as well as my traffic have been significantly less since it was implemented. I love HH, but there are an absolute plethora of sites that carry tech news and auto video players. I will extremely miss the group of individuals I have grown used to around here, but sometimes sacrifices have to be made in the future, if you get my drift!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MB:ASUS Z87C
CPU:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 4770 ***
GPU:Geforce GTX 770 4GB
Mem:***ingston 16384MB RAM
  • | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS