Samsung Infuse 4G Smartphone Sneak Peek

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,509
Points 1,197,100
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Fri, May 13 2011 2:35 PM
Samung's Infuse 4G smartphone for the AT&T network is built upon a gorgeous 4.5-inch Super AMOLED Plus display with superb viewing angles, brightness, color saturation and a ton of screen real estate to get your geek on. The Infuse is powered by Samsung's new 1.2GHz Hummingbird processor and offers a robust multimedia experience as well.  We're lining up a full review in the days ahead, but since this smartphone is shaping up to be a hot commodity, we figured we'd give you a quick taste of things to come in this video preview...

Samsung Infuse 4G In Action

The video above really gives a good sense of scale versus a few other smartphones and also shows off some of the benefits of Samsung's Super AMOLED Plus display, like great viewing angles for example. You'll also be able to see how smooth and fast Froyo performs on the Infuse--the 1.2GHz Hummingbird SoC is speedy to say the least.

Samsung Infuse 4G - Click For Larger View

The Samsung Infuse 4G will be one of AT&T's premiere smartphones when it goes on sale this week. The fast SoC, huge screen (for a smartphone at least) and 4G radio certainly help differentiate it from the other Android-based phones currently in AT&T's product stack. We've got the full specifications listed below for those of you that want some more detail to hold you over until the full review hits.
Key Specifications:
• Android 2.2 platform
• 4G: HSDPA CAT 14 and HSUPA CAT 6
• 8.9 mm to 9.24mm thin
• UMTS 850/1900/2100
• GSM 850/900/1800/1900
• 1.2 GHz Samsung Hummingbird processor
• 4.5-inch Super AMOLED Plus screen
• 8-megapixel camera with HD 720p video camera and 1.3-megapixel front facing camera
• Virtual QWERTY keyboard
• Expandable memory up to 32GB with microSD card
• Text/Picture and Video Messaging support
• Samsung Media Hub, U-verse Mobile, U-verse Live TV, and Angry Birds

The Textured Back of the Samsung Infuse 4G

The Samsung Infuse is one big, sexy beast of a phone, we must admit.  And we'll of course be checking out AT&T's current 4G speeds here in the Boston marketplace, so make sure you check back for the full monty we're whipping up in the days ahead.
  • | Post Points: 65
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
DAnderson replied on Fri, May 13 2011 8:27 PM

It has 16 gigs onboard storage. Two are dedicated to apps and the other 14 are open season. Pretty large mistake in a review.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,652
Points 55,425
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Dave_HH replied on Fri, May 13 2011 11:01 PM

Yes, my bad. Uggh, my wording was wrong there. 2GB microSD card and I'm showing 13.03GB of available internal storage. Thanks for the heads-up.  Will correct the video.

Editor In Chief
http://hothardware.com

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,839
Points 45,835
rapid1 replied on Sat, May 14 2011 11:22 AM

The one thing I have been trying to figure out on this phone is this, is this At&t's version of the Samsung Galaxy Sll? It of course looks nice, seems to have the same processor (except single core Vs. dual core), screen, and GPU as well as I am pretty sure the same memory. So is it a scaled down (on the processor) At&t specific unit or not. A few of the bigger details seem to be the processor, but scaled back to single core, and I think double the memory with 16Gb rather than 8Gb, other than that it seems to be the same.

I of course got a T-Mobile GX2, but returned it due to problems I had with it loosing network recognition, and 2 sim cards. I am right now waiting on the HTC Sensation on T-Mobile which is the same as the EVO 3D basically minus the 3D camera. Luckily I still had my old Verizon wireless no contract phone as a back up to which I transferred my number back to for $10 dollars for now.

The only one's I see that I really like are of course the EVO 3D, Optimus 3D, Sensation, and Samsung Galaxy Sll. The EVO 3D being on Sprint, the Optimus is questionable as to it's network but it looks like it may also be T-Mobile or maybe At&t due to it's transfer methods (GSM) but it looks like it's frequencies are T-Mobile GSM frequencies (At&t and T-Mobile's GSM frequencies somewhat intertwine though), the Sensation which is supposed to be released on T-Mobile June 8th, and no one as of yet has said anything about where the Galaxy Sll is going I have even heard all 4 of the larger players will get it with none of them coming until Q3 this year. Either way no definite on the Galaxy Sll unluckily.

Another pointer on the memory where as Dave may or may not be correct is that a lot of times until you actually see a customer unit bought in store or in the wild you do not know how much memory will be in it. The review/development units sent out seem to sometimes be to the upper tier if you get what I am saying of the units distributed. Where as the general units in stores and locations are mid tier and sometimes have different end spec's. Another thing is Samsung is also using 2 processors on their coming smart phone. The first being manufactured by them in single or dual core, and the others being Tegra2 processors. The internal memory performance/spec also seems to vary a little specifically with Samsung.

ASUS Z87C
i7-4770K
Xonar DGX
Intel Gigabit CT
Geforce GTX 770 4GB
G.Skill X1600/1754 2x8GB 7/8/8/24
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 988
Points 10,650
coolice replied on Wed, May 18 2011 9:56 AM

How have you found the 4.5inch screen? I bought a DesireHD and have been playing around with it and though the 4.3 inch screen is gorgeous!! Yikes, i find the phone to be way to big for my taste. It feels a little awkward holding it around. I've had it for 8 days now, I think i'll be exchanging it for something else.

I dont know how people can run around with a 4.5 inch screen

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS