Rinse Cleans Up iTunes Libraries For A $39 Fee

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 24,854
Points 1,115,200
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Tue, Apr 26 2011 7:03 PM
iTunes got you down? Perk up! RealNetworks has just announced Rinse, hailed as an "easy-to-use" music clean-up tool that automatically washes and tidies up your iTunes collection. Anyone who has had an iTunes collection going for years on end knows that it's easy to get things out of sorts, but Rinse purports to change that. The tool makes iTunes music collections much easier to browse, organize and enjoy by automatically cleaning up song duplicates, misspellings and missing album art that can plague collections. Entire iTunes music libraries can be fixed with just a few clicks.

The tool is available today, but what this really makes us long for is one of these from Apple themselves. Rinse automatically looks up songs in the Gracenote music database and downloads the correct details for each song, and users can choose to fix songs one at a time in order to see and edit the details before saving them or choose to fix songs automatically. But at $39, why doesn't Apple just toss this in? Our library is in bad shape, but not quite $39 bad-shape.
  • | Post Points: 80
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,236
Points 37,910
AKwyn replied on Thu, Apr 28 2011 7:49 AM

So, this is RealNetwork's version of TuneUp, except it's $10 dollars cheaper.

If I had a bad library, I might use this if it had any advantage over TuneUp but as it stands I don't think it is appealing enough.

"The future starts with you; now start posting more!"

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 22
Points 145
LauRoman replied on Thu, Apr 28 2011 9:20 AM

When ripping my CDs if EAC can't find the freeDB entry i usually edit them manually. Also i did this over a long period of time, each time i added a disc. I really never had a huge library of unnamed/metadata-less tunes, because i incrementally added discs. Also i think i would have preferred a Java aplication instead of Air if nothing native were available, if i would hypothetically use something like this.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

Thanks for the review of Rinse, Ray!

My name is Kelly and I work on Rinse at RealNetworks. Feel free to email - I would be happy to answer any questions about Rinse you have. I hope your readers enjoy it!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,735
Points 40,310
Inspector replied on Thu, Apr 28 2011 3:33 PM

I need this :), most if not all of my library is a mess... lol

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 435
Points 6,255

Im a die hard Winamp fan, and theres plenty of open sourced plug-ins that will do this for free.

i7 950 - ASUS Rampage 3 Extreme - ASUS GTX 570 - AZZA Hurricane - 6 GB Corsair 1600 - Corsair AX750 - WD 1tb black  Cool Thank You HH!!!!!!Cool

AMD 1090T - MSI 890FXA-GD70 - XFX HD5850 x2 - CM Storm Scout - 8GB Kingston HyperX 1600 - Corsair HX850 - Sammy spinpoint f3 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 843
Points 9,155

Me too, I love the skins that are available. This program is cool though. I use itunes at work but I wouldn't all my library a mess because it's missing pictures.

Now you're just mashing it!

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS