Shortcuts

HELP..not sure if this is the right place to post..if not. forgive me...

rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 110
vangx225 Posted: Fri, Apr 15 2011 7:18 PM

everything work just fine...but after i replace the stock heatsink to a better heatsink my graphic card temp raise to 75% or more if i leave it longer..so i dont know ..i need help .......my motherboard is msi big bang...and have a dashboard the percent doesnt show in my dashboard so i need help :d

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,381
Points 31,040
rrplay replied on Fri, Apr 15 2011 7:42 PM

OK not the best place to post but the main thing is Don't Panic and welcome to HH

just to be sure power out > unplug AC power reset graphics card  what card do you have ? PSU ??

hopefully you had unplugged the AC power cord when replacing the heatsink what heatsink ?  please tell

boot up and enter BIOS and notice temps on CPU and system temps in C

when you refer to your temps on dashboard at 75% do you mean fan or 75C ??

in the meantime to get accurate vid card temps get GPU-Z  google for download  click sensors tab might as well get CPU-Z and Core Temps for CPU

2 good threads here with some additional info

GPU-Z info

http://hothardware.com/cs/forums/t/54045.aspx

CPU-z CoreTemps

http://hothardware.com/cs/forums/t/53962.aspx

welcome to HH and let us know how it works out

"Don't Panic ! 'cause HH got's your back!"

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 110
vangx225 replied on Fri, Apr 15 2011 7:56 PM

motherboard= msi big bang

power supply= 700 watt ocz

video card= 4870 x2 ati

ram=10gb corsair xms3

harddrive 500gb

so if replace any above i have to reset in the boies?

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,381
Points 31,040
rrplay replied on Fri, Apr 15 2011 8:16 PM

you should always have the AC unplugged when you swap parts

also may need to clear the BIOS if any errors occur usually from OC ar

e you overclocking those vid card and cpu ? latest Ati drivers installed MSI Afterburner  ?

just check your bios for temps at boot

in the meantime 

did you get the GPU-Z app installed ? and report a GPU temps  might as well grab CoreTemps and report cpu temps as well

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,475
Points 47,060
ForumsAdministrator

The graphics card temp would be displayed in degrees C or F. If you are seeing 75% then that's probably the speed of the fan. The fan speed will increase as the temperature of the GPU increases, and that's normal. If you're concerned that your video card is running too hot then we need to know what the temperature is in C or F. Post both the idle and full-load temps. Welcome to HotHardware, vangx225!

SPAM-posters beware! ®

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 110
vangx225 replied on Sat, Apr 16 2011 7:41 AM

ok sorry im still lost ^^ but here the link

http://i52.tinypic.com/108gqps.jpg

even though the temp of the card were around 74% C  when i try to touch the video card it very hot is that normal :D

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,381
Points 31,040
rrplay replied on Sat, Apr 16 2011 10:25 AM

vangx225:

http://i52.tinypic.com/108gqps.jpg

even though the temp of the card were around 74% C  when i try to touch the video card it very hot is that normal :D

thanks for posting that sceen shot .not sure why you have so much a difference in temps notice the 53C and 74C ?

it may be well worth your time to check each card separately and use GPU-Z and post a pic of the sensors page this way you can see the actual temps and fans speeds of each card. 74C is OK under load not good at idle. as Super Dave previously mentioned just C or F for temps and percent % for fan speed.

nice setup you have ! get back with the GPU-Z and let us know

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,475
Points 47,060
ForumsAdministrator

Thanks for the link to the screenshot, vangx. You have some very nice hardware in there! I've found some threads on other forums about this problem, and it seems to be a common one. Take a look HERE. Hopefully that info will be helpful to you.

SPAM-posters beware! ®

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 110
vangx225 replied on Sat, Apr 16 2011 10:26 PM

i think i solve my problem :D or know why my graphic card very hot .....i replace the cpu cooler hyper n520 only have three pins and the stock that came with my i7 930 have four pins ...so my motherboard have different kinds of of cpu fans and system fans.....so i plug the cpu cooler in the wrong place so that why it cause my graphic card to get very hot after i put some extra fans in there and adjusted my graphic card not that hot anymore so ....i just want to thank all you guys for your help and your times :D thx again ...you may remove this or close...problem solve :D i think for now : hahah

http://tinypic.com/r/2ywa0du/7

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,381
Points 31,040
rrplay replied on Mon, Apr 18 2011 12:12 AM

Glad you got back and figured some of this out .and put the CPU cooler on the proper header.

Still looks like 74C is quite a bit hot for those 2 cards temps at idle

.so just to tidy up this thread with a few more notes it may be worthwhile to verify just the GPU temps with GPU-Z & to do a bit of maintenance on your vid cards such as clean heatsink & fans as well as adeuate case air flow around the graphic cards.. you nay also consider replacing  the thermal paste.Make a note of the previous link that Super Dave posted [4870x2 in google] RE:possible 'buggy' issues with your Ati drivers. which drivers do you have ?

If your satisfied fine >>enough info here to refer to if needed another time.Smile

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS