Verizon iPad 2 Owner Up in Arms over Reboot Problem

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 25,850
Points 1,170,960
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Fri, Apr 8 2011 2:36 PM
Apple's second generation slate might be the belle of the tablet ball, but for some, it continues to be a headache inducing slate. Adding to the list of problems that plague the iPad 2, we're now hearing complaints that Verizon's 3G iPad 2 sometimes needs to be rebooted in order to connect to 3G after previously switching it off.

The problem has cropped up in an Apple Support forum thread that now spans 6 pages. The thread opens with one user saying, "When I try to connect to the cellular data it just says iPad or Searching in the top of the screen. It did not work last night. If I do a hard reset I can get it to work. Switching Airplane mode on and off to reset the modem does NOT work."

He's not alone. Others in the thread have chimed in with similar stories, and at least one user says that restoring the iPad doesn't help. The problem doesn't appear to affect AT&T versions, only the CDMA models associated with Verizon.

The iPad 2, while arguably still the best tablet money can buy, has been marred by a handful of problems. In addition to this latest one, users continue to complain that the FaceTime camera sometimes freezes when exiting and re-entering the app, requiring a reboot to fix it. Yet others voiced concerns about a yellowish tint around the border, likely due to the glue not having a chance to dry. All this, and the iPad 2 is still in short supply.
  • | Post Points: 110
Not Ranked
Posts 66
Points 555

hopefully a firmware update can help solve these problems- i would be pretty upset too

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,780
Points 40,565

Strange that i get stupid connection issue with ATT on my iPhone :D lol. Thats when i lose connection and it will say i have connection but nothing will connect, i need to do that airplane mode trick to fix it xD

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,372
Points 80,290

Maybe they are booting it wrong? lol

"Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."

Z77 GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER

GIGABYTE GTX670

G.Skill Ripjaws X 16gb PC2133

Antec P280

Corsair H100

Asus Blu-ray burner

Seasonic X650 PSU

Patriot Pyro 128gb SSD

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,865
Points 29,645

They should be able to fix the facetime issue with a firmware update but certainly not the yellowish border if it is due to glue. Apples iPhone/iPad/iPod products all seem to have problems when they first come out and those early adopters who have to have the newest and greatest stuff get screwed in the end.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,576
Points 103,180
MembershipAdministrator

What do the people who make these thing get paid per hour? Maybe the glue problems would go away with a little more financial glue applied,........

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,821
Points 45,685
rapid1 replied on Fri, Apr 8 2011 11:56 PM

Rofl realneil the people who make these work in China, North Korea, and maybe some South American country with a dictator. I imagine there pay is like 33 cents and hour or something. Do you really think an extra nickel will help that much. Oh yeah I think Apple came on strong to make sure there getting treated better now that may be 43 cents an hour now almost a half dollar per hour. I imagine those countries dictators Might think they were getting to powerful if the made 50 cents an hour and demand there first born or something.

You know one of the funniest thoughts I have had is that the US government should do two things go to a retail taxation system entirely, and raise duties on anything coming into this country significantly. I know I know were all tech junkies and we would die, but I also think it would be for the greater good. Not only would we get products assembled in this country again we would not be feeding off the weak.

It would overall raise world standards over all because it would raise minimal world salaries like has been done here (which is why all the companies have everything made elsewhere) for years. The thing is we are one of maybe 4 countries in the world (America, Europe to a varying degree, Australia, and Japan), and The US is the biggest cash cow of them all singularly. So it would either raise the world economy and our national GNP eventually or they all loose money period. The flat tax is because our current income tax is so last, last decade it is not even funny.

MB:ASUS Z87C
CPU:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 4770 ***
GPU:Geforce GTX 770 4GB
Mem:***ingston 16384MB RAM
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 754
Points 8,520
LBowen replied on Sun, Apr 10 2011 11:40 AM

I will stick with my Touch until they make one that is so advanced it can expand in size as needed and cook me breakfast.

"I have the power!!"

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS