Silverstone SG07 with Antec Kuhler H20 620

rated by 0 users
This post has 15 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,383
Points 31,065
rrplay Posted: Mon, Apr 4 2011 5:26 AM

Hi All ,

This thread is intended to be an extension to the previous Asetek thread here http://hothardware.com/cs/forums/t/54064.aspx?PageIndex=1

showing some pics of an Antec Kuhler H0  installed on a Gigabyte GA-H55N USB mainboard inside a Silverstone SG07 with an i7 870 cpu.

It took a bit of doing to position the radiator and ending up changing quite a bit of the wiring.every mm counts. and had to reposition the actuall pump mount a bit because when the fan assembly is installed the hoses rotate in way to alleviate unwanted contact and promote airflow out the sides of the chassis.

So I have the Asetek /Antec h20 620 installed in a Silverstone SG07 underneath the 180mm top intake sandwiched with the Antec 120mm fan pulling air in through the rad pulling and pushing air to exhaust out the sides

here are some pics

took the time to reroute several of the cables there is quite a bit of clearance from the top of the pump to than fan but actually it is along the sides of the chassis at the front with psu cables
... believe me was hustling every mm especially with the HD cage HD plugs and optical drive plugs had to position the rad/fan assembly & worth it
those fan speeds are 180mm at 700 rpm & 1200 18/34dBA
120mm cpu colling at 1400 rpm max very quiet  good thing I have a power led ! on the front

installed the Antec fan and radiator with supplied screws used the slightly longer screws included with kit to install through the Sg07 grill with supplied washers and later decided to get slightly longer 4mm screws to secure the assembly a bit better.

"Don't Panic ! 'cause HH got's your back!"

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,383
Points 31,065
rrplay replied on Mon, Apr 4 2011 5:47 AM

here a few more pics and notes ...Almost forgot to mention that this particular unit has pretty flexible hoses and if it did not have the improved flexible hose i really think that this would not be possible with this particular mobo / chassis config

yep I know a bit dusty & clean now

vid card removed

the other side

and just one more !

thanks Asetek ! Smile

Not Ranked
Posts 20
Points 430
Grady56 replied on Mon, Apr 4 2011 8:07 AM

It looks like fitting the Cooler in there was a pretty tight fit( from looking at the pictures).

Can you send me a link to that case on Newegg? Unless it's not sold on Newegg.

^.^ Don't Look Back Or You'll Fall Over Whats Ahead Of You ^.^

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,383
Points 31,065
rrplay replied on Mon, Apr 4 2011 9:26 AM

Grady56:

It looks like fitting the Cooler in there was a pretty tight fit( from looking at the pictures).

Can you send me a link to that case on Newegg? Unless it's not sold on Newegg.

it is sold on newegg there is even a recent vid done last week on newegg tv for the Silverstone SG07209.00 with 80+ 600W PSU

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811163169

lots easier with narrower fans it really the clearance of the HD plug and clearing the power cables on the chassis but not really that much of a problem

18C temps on default clocks [Turbo Enabled]  no load .definitely worth it

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,099
Points 13,965
fat78 replied on Tue, Apr 5 2011 1:12 AM

Thats pretty cool that you got all of that hardware in that tiny case and it still runs cool. What video card did you put in it? and how hot does it get when its at max cpu performance?

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 65

Thank you very much rrplay :-).

It's very nice, I really appreciate it.

Kind weird, I have almost the same configuration as you. So, I'll be able to mount my incoming Kuhler H2O 620 by seeing your pics. It must have took you a long time to build this tricky set up !

Thank you again Rrplay !

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,383
Points 31,065
rrplay replied on Tue, Apr 5 2011 12:30 PM

fat78:

Thats pretty cool that you got all of that hardware in that tiny case and it still runs cool. What video card did you put in it? and how hot does it get when its at max cpu performance?

I recall the i7 870 default Turbo intial load temps on cpu with the Antec to be about 18C and I think about 50 ish ?? under full Linpack loads

and will post the Bios info and OC temps in the Bios OC thread expect to have a snappy 3.8 OC and now idles at 33C about high 50s under full loads at this time  most likely to go much higher than 3.8 with better ram got some hyperx 1600 in there now.

http://hothardware.com/cs/forums/t/53962.aspx

I have actually 2 vid cards that I have put in it one is an ATi HD 5770 and the other is a Zotac GTS 250the main reason I fired up the Nvidia card was simply to get some info re OCCT up in those threads..

the other vid thread can be found here

http://hothardware.com/cs/forums/t/54045.aspx

so you may want to look at those 2 threads about temps and vid and post yours ..if you look at the vid thread it is in development and we can try to update the links for products & apps as needed and can certainly use your help, tips and comments

for example just by posting your results is the actual guide.

thanks

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,383
Points 31,065
rrplay replied on Tue, Apr 5 2011 12:59 PM

cooljojo:

Thank you veyr much rrplay :-).

It's very nice, I really appreciate it.

Kind weird, I have almost the same configuration as you. So, I'll be able to mount my incoming Kuhler H2O 620 by seeing your pics. It must have took you a long time to build this tricky set up !

Thank you again Rrplay !  :-)

Hi  cooljojo and welcome to HH

it was a nice to surprise to get your PM prior to your first post requesting some pics which started this little thread.

Actually it does not really take all that time to build . just takes a slightly dif approach in planning your layout and of course some patience  till you get the hang of it...surprisingly the little SS manual is pretty good for this

as usual all to easy to see a bit later that's there somethings that can be improved upon ... like I would like to get some of the power PSU cables a bit better under control and of course some sleeveing possibilities possibly  another time  

any one checking out the Slverstone Sg07 vid clip on newegg tv can see that Silverstone gave you quite a bit of cable

NOTE: the screws I had replaced that I used to mount the rad/fan assembly wee 4mm x10 mm  the 4mm threads are a bit bigger than the Asetek's but will work just a head up when doing so because you may not want the little metal 'slag' ion your mobo and will likely void any warranty cause you changed the threads I dunno but just used 2 with some washers from local hardware store   to bad mine does not have a selection of 3mm nylon fittings to alleviate the overall pita of push pins

anyhow cooljojo you shared some great ideas with your setup in the  PM, > hope you share them with us as well with your setup.Smile

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,705
Points 104,490
MembershipAdministrator

Glad to see it up and running, and staying cool for you. I've always 'hedged my bet' by using larger cases to build in. In a larger case, it's easier for me to figure out workable airflow solutions, especially while using certain cases that are designed a little better than the others are. The fans that you choose to work with make a lot of difference too.

I am considering a media center PC though, and I like your case. Though small, it seems to be an elegant solution and maybe a quiet one too.

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,383
Points 31,065
rrplay replied on Tue, Apr 5 2011 3:37 PM

Since I had previously mentioned using another cooler besides the stock Intel to fit the gigabyte GA-H55N USB# mainboard I could only use an overall dimension of 92x92x117mm [top of case ] to clear memory and vid card safely I used this for a while and work really pretty good a likely underrated cpu cooler for about 17.00

SilenX EFZ-80HA2 Fluid Dynamic CPU Cooler
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835226029
                               &
Nexus PWM Series SP802512H-03PWM 80mm
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835610001

& here are some pics

single fan include very quiet 3 wire & optional controller

smooth base and paste

optional PWM Nexus fan

overall a nifty little setup much easier and affordable even with out the extra fan  it's only a 2 heat-pipe cooler yet with the included fan and paste hard to beat

The biggest difference in performance is the system under load but an option that was but a great inexpensive alternative to stock even with the included fan which is quieter than the additional Nexus PWM fan and cool about the same.unless using too fans and set PWM rpm in Bios and placed the SilenX fan controller 'puck' next to the optical drive inside the case

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,383
Points 31,065
rrplay replied on Tue, Apr 5 2011 4:24 PM

realneil:

Glad to see it up and running, and staying cool for you. I've always 'hedged my bet' by using larger cases to build in. In a larger case, it's easier for me to figure out workable airflow solutions, especially while using certain cases that are designed a little better than the others are. The fans that you choose to work with make a lot of difference too.

I am considering a media center PC though, and I like your case. Though small, it seems to be an elegant solution and maybe a quiet one too.

oh yep Neil sure do agree with using larger cases and managing air flow heck ya ready for 'da punch line guys ? !!

I could easily put it all inside a HAF-X case with a 1000W CM PSU  but hey what's the sport in that ? 

in the meantime we have to welcome cooljojo for requesting the pics of this setup cause he has  a similar setup in process

.it's also an extension of the previous discussion with your Enermax fans see

http://hothardware.com/cs/forums/t/54064.aspx?PageIndex=2

all in all the Silverstone SG07 with the included 600W PSU Bronze is a  good value and with this setup way quiet {Aetek} when gaming just tweak' a fan profile to suit.

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 65
cooljojo replied on Tue, Apr 5 2011 10:18 PM

THank  you RRplay.

I'll make soon a post by a historical way of my differents aircooling solution that I implemented in the past in my Sg07.
As soon as I'll receive the Kuhler H2O 620.

Nice build with this SilenX Cooler ! I also thought about a solution like that but I finally decided another way, because I I thought that the air flow would not be good. Yes, I needed something which push the hot air at the top as so, the 180mm fan would efficiently extract it.

See you soon !

Jo

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,383
Points 31,065
rrplay replied on Tue, Apr 5 2011 11:40 PM

I originally thought of getting the ran/fan setup on the vid card side to exhaust air out this may be possible with a narrower fan like a 15mm instead of the common  either way I may just take the SilenX 80mm  place on the side to pull more cool air into the chassis and continue to keep it has I have .right now by having the top 180mm and Antec 120 mm pulling cool air in  and pushing it out the side ..lots of hot exhaust out of the side only when running all 8 cores with Linpack

it would be great cooljojo to post and share yours when you get it setup

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 65
cooljojo replied on Tue, Apr 12 2011 11:10 PM

I''ve finally received the Antec Kuhler H2O 620.

The job is taking a lot of my time, but i'll find a time to post the history of my different aircooling configuration as I told.

See you,

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,383
Points 31,065
rrplay replied on Wed, Apr 13 2011 12:17 PM

cooljojo:

I''ve finally received the Antec Kuhler H2O 620.

The job is taking a lot of my time, but i'll find a time to post the history of my different aircooling configuration as I told.

See you,

take your time I know it can be a bit tricky without the extra hand but you'll get it and be able to move around inside quite easily.

in the meantime

Antec Launches KÜHLER H2O 920 Maximum-Performance CPU Cooler 

more info can be found along with vid clip

priced at about 120.00 with a thicker radiator i do not think the upgraded model is going to work in the SG 07

but added the info anyways

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 65
cooljojo replied on Wed, Apr 13 2011 6:27 PM

Thank you for the link  RRplay.

I have to say that's difficult  to come back from work  everyday, and see the box still cloosed and untouched on  my desk. But there is a time for all.

Wait  for it.

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS