Verbatim Store 'n' Go USB Storage Drives Released

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 25,850
Points 1,171,065
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Tue, Mar 22 2011 12:41 AM
It's not unusual these days to see an aftermarket car stereo with a USB port. Most of these players have USB sockets in order to give users the ability to easily load up MP3 files that they may have stored on a thumb drive, but the issue that most run into has nothing to do with the player -- it's the drive. A typical USB thumb drive is pretty long -- at least 2 or 3 inches -- and with that sticking out of your dash, all it takes is one accident to rip your drive in two.

Verbatim is helping to solve that problem with their Store 'n' Go USB car audio drives. These mini USB thumb drives are incredibly small, and are about the size of Logitech's Unifying receiver nub. The company claims that these are no larger than a Euro coin, and they're hardly noticeable once inserted into a USB port. The 8GB version can easily store around 2,000 track, and it is available now for around 18 Euros. There's no mention of a U.S. price or ship date, but hopefully they'll be coming soon.

Verbatim Store ‘n’ Go USB Car Audio Storage. The Perfect USB Drive for Car Radios

18/03/2011

CITY, 10 March 2011 – The majority of music nowadays is mainly stored and played using MP3 files. With car radios increasingly supporting USB ports, Verbatim has specially developed a USB drive that can fit perfectly into a car radio USB slot, making it the ideal way to store and listen to all your favourite MP3 music while motoring. No bigger than a Euro coin, the innovative USB drive is barely noticeable once inserted into a USB port and can store up to 2000 audio tracks – more than enough for any road trip.  The 8GB Verbatim Store ‘n’ Go Audio USB is available in stores now at €18 (8GB) (RRP).
Audio USB Car Stereo

• 8GB storage capacity
• Only 2g in weight
• Smaller than a Euro coin, only 5mm is left protruding when inserted
• Can be left semi-permanently in radios, laptops, netbooks, digital photo frames etc.
• Works with PC and Mac operating systems

In being only 17.15mm long x 14.85mm wide x 7.7mm deep, when inserted into the USB port only 5mm of the Verbatim Store ‘n’ Go Audio USB is left protruding, meaning that it can be kept in the car radio on a semi-permanent basis and used as a long-term storage extension. No damaged USB or USB Port any longer hitting the Storage exidently. And as with any standard USB drive, Verbatim’s Audio USB can also be used in any computer or gadget with a USB 2.0 port - anything from netbooks, table PCs, digital picture frames to desktop PCs.
  • | Post Points: 95
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 988
Points 10,635
coolice replied on Tue, Mar 22 2011 12:15 PM

hahah.... oh man, a couple of years ago, i was with a friend, in a honda civic with a pioneer deck and a usb port. Back then, a 8gb usb stick cost upwards of 80$. So we're cruising down the street and all of sudden BAM he brakes.

Now i'm a fairly large guy, 6'2, 250lbs sitting in a 96 civic..... my knee hits something, i dont know what, but i know i felt something snap.... anywho, the next day i get a call saying that his usb key exploded yada yada yada. took me a few days to collect the money and buy him a replacement haha. Sooo, if thats happened to anyone else, i feel yr pain.

anywho, this is a great product!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,780
Points 40,565
Inspector replied on Tue, Mar 22 2011 6:19 PM

i rather go with a ipod and transmitter :)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,654
Points 29,000
Drago replied on Tue, Mar 22 2011 7:42 PM

How about turning off all the distractions in the car as driving is the most important task that needs to be taken care of. Clearly if you drive anywhere you will find distracted drivers by the dozens fiddling with their phone or their stereo. Turn that crap off, drive properly and regulate your speed. If you cant do that without other things going then by all means turn in your keys and use public transportation as you are to stupid to drive a car, let alone operate any device and drive at the same time.

A+ Certified PC Repair Technician
Associates Degree in Computer Science
Bachelors Degree in Computer Information Systems

DFI Lanparty UT NF3 250GB Dead.......Replacement  Abit KV-85
Learn more about Comp TIA A+ Certification.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,016
Points 10,925
OSunday replied on Tue, Mar 22 2011 8:25 PM

Neat but I still prefer a cable connected to an ipod or phone or even better, hands free wireless blutooth :)

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,087
Points 11,005
CDeeter replied on Wed, Mar 23 2011 12:38 AM

@ Drrago - I'd like to see you do that on a 4 hour drive. Listening to the engine drone along for hours would drive me bonkers. Having tunes playing keeps the mind stimulated. Besides with one off these all you would have to do is hit random play and leave it alone.

@ OSunday - With one of these you wouldn't have to bring your Ipod along, just load it up, plug it in and forget about it until you want to put more tunes on it. Safer too because of it being harder for thieves to notice.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,821
Points 45,685
rapid1 replied on Wed, Mar 23 2011 12:40 AM

Hmmmm; cool device but I can see coolice's point here to.

MB:ASUS Z87C
CPU:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 4770 ***
GPU:Geforce GTX 770 4GB
Mem:***ingston 16384MB RAM
Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS