Super Talent Promises USB3.0 Performance At A USB 2.0 Price

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 24,850
Points 1,114,940
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Mon, Mar 21 2011 10:17 PM

Super Talent announced the new USB 3.0 Express DUO 2-CH flash drive. This drive features a cap-less industrial design as well as a black piano finish housing that twists to hide and reveal the USB 3.0 port. When connected to a USB 3.0 port, Super Talent says the 2-channel design of the Express Duo 2-CH can hit speeds over 67MB/s. The drive comes pre-installed with Microsoft Security Essentials.

Super Talent Announces a new USB 3.0 Flash Drive

USB3.0 Performance at a USB 2.0 Price

San Jose, California - March 21, 2011 - Super Talent Technology, a leading manufacturer of Flash storage solutions and DRAM memory modules, today announced a new USB 3.0 flash drive, the USB 3.0 Express DUO 2-CH.

Featuring a cap-less industrial design, the USB 3.0 Express DUO 2-CH, now features a black "piano finished" plastic housing that twists to reveal and conceal the USB 3.0 port inside.

The 2-channel design of the Express Duo 2-CH can top over 67MB/s when plugged into a USB 3.0 port, yet remains fully-backward compatible to USB 2.0 and for about the same price.

This new flash drive also comes pre-installed with Microsoft Security Essentials, real-time protection for your home PC that guards against viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. Our USB 3.0 drive makes it easy to install this software on all of your PCs.

"Here's a USB 3.0 drive that performs, yet stays on budget. There's simply really no reason to buy a USB 2.0 flash drive anymore" CH Lee COO of Super Talent.

This new line of Mac DDR3 memory includes products for Apple's most popular desktop and notebook operating systems..

Now shipping all capacities at SuperBiiz.com

DataGuardian USB

Part Number

Description

ST3U8E2CK

EXPRESS DUO 2CH, 8GB

ST3U16E2CK

EXPRESS DUO 2CH, 16GB

ST3U32E2CK

EXPRESS DUO 2CH, 32GB

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,796
Points 45,500
rapid1 replied on Tue, Mar 22 2011 12:25 PM

The thing with USB3 is it interfaces directly with USB2/1. So there are a huge amount of usable connections to almost anything. USB3 speeds and capacities as well as energy transfer are huge as well. It just makes more sense to use I think Intel's new interface is just going to be very specialized like Firewire is. I do not use Firewire for anything nor have I ever really, plus I have USB 3 on my computer right now.

Machine name: rapid1
 Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) 
 System Model: Gigabyte X58A-UD5
 Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU         930  @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
 Memory: Kingston 6144MB RAM
  • | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 20
pinglow replied on Tue, Mar 22 2011 12:46 PM

@ Rapid1 - Agreed. For portable storage devices, USB 3.0 is a much better interface than lightpeak. This is due in HUGE part to the fact that it is fully backwards compatible to a very successful standard. Lightpeak only has one feather in its cap, long cable lenghts; an this isn't even working now that they dumbed it down to Thunderbolt. Firewire was cool for about 6 months and it was kind of backwards compatible as long as you had the right cord, but USB 3.0 is much better thought out and a much better standard for personal flash devices. I am going to get me one.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,796
Points 45,500
rapid1 replied on Wed, Mar 23 2011 12:30 AM

It is kind of amazing Vs USB2 and of course 1 being slower than 2. It seems about 2-300% faster in action I remember when I transferred a picture card from the camera on USB3 on my computer and then USB2 to see the difference it was some much faster I was amazed and the car I plugged in was a USB2 card as well. SO the USB2 should have been working as fast as it could.

Machine name: rapid1
 Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) 
 System Model: Gigabyte X58A-UD5
 Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU         930  @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
 Memory: Kingston 6144MB RAM
  • | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 20
pinglow replied on Fri, Apr 8 2011 12:08 AM

Humm, you want to be careful with measuring buss performance by using memory cards. Memory cards are just that, memory. Unlike Flash drives that have a controller and memory, memory cards only have memory. The controller for a memory card is in the card reader. If your card reader is not limited by USB 2.0 than it is going to go no faster on USB 3.0

Many times people buy a fast memory card thinking that their Reader is going to take full advanage of it. It is best to know your camera and readers and know what they can support before you go shopping for memory cards.

Keep plugging away. Flash is about to get a whole lot faster.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS