TWCable TV App Launches For iPhone: Download It Now

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,377
Points 1,192,170
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Tue, Mar 15 2011 9:24 PM
Well, that was quick! Just a couple of days after reports started flooding out that Time Warner Cable would be introducing a live streaming application for the iPad, that very application has now launched. It's called TWCable TV, and for now, it's exclusive to iPad. It's a free app for those who subscribe to TWC's high-speed Internet and pay-TV services, and it allows you to watch a number of channels live, right on your hand. You'll need to be in your home and using a Wi-Fi connection, and now all channels are supported just yet. That said, a bunch that are supported are shown in HD, and the company has already stated that new updates are coming that will add a Remote DVR Manager and Remote Tuner. We certainly hope they add the option to watch DVR'd content while on the road, too. Have you downloaded the app? How's the experience?

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 65

I work for DISH Network and I just want to share that there really is a better app out there than this. I'm subscribed to DISH and with my Sling Adapter I can stream all my live programming including DVR recordings onto my iPad wherever I'm at. It's truly more advanced than what TWC is offering because DISH allows viewing anywhere outside the home as long as there is any kind of 3G or Wi-Fi.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
cg2112 replied on Fri, Mar 25 2011 10:15 PM

There's nothing DISH specific about the Sling. Anyone can do it, with any provider, cable, dish, or OTA.

Aside: The headline here isn't correct, there is no app, unfortunately, for the iPhone.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS