Will HTC Finally Launch Thunderbolt On March 17?

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,160
Points 1,185,275
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Mon, Mar 14 2011 2:45 PM

HTC's upcoming Thunderbolt smartphone is hot, and many people are wondering when they'll be able to get their hands on Verizon Wireless and HTC's latest 4G device. Although the companies haven't announced an official launch date, all signs point to March 17.

Currently, Verizon Wireless has a page on its website that says the device will "strike soon." Now, a leaked email and an HTC regional sales manager's tweet (the account has since been deleted) claim the smartphone will finally be available on March 17. On Facebook, HTC has confirmed that an official release date will be announced soon saying, "There is a lot of excitement about the first Verizon LTE device, the HTC ThunderBolt. HTC and Verizon will officially and publicly announce the Thunderbolt launch dates soon. Please stay tuned for the debut of this great new device."

As you may recall, the HTC ThunderBolt is one of the world’s first 4G LTE smartphones. It will feature Skype connectivity along with a 4.3-inch screen, front and rear cameras, integrated DLNA support, Qualcomm’s 1GHz Snapdragon processor, and the latest version of HTC Sense user interface. 

Update: Yes, it's true there have been many rumored release dates for the HTC ThunderBolt. Although we pointed out earlier that no official release date has been given, a tweet from an HTC regional sales manager certainly seems to say this could FINALLY be the release date. What's more, we received a tip from a reader who told us he received a call and was told to come and pick up his Thunderbolt on Thursday (March 17).

• | Post Points: 65
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
birthtae replied on Mon, Mar 14 2011 4:06 PM

HTC MAY launch Thunderbolt on March 17. There have been rumors of Thunderbolt releases every week since February 14. There is no official release date. This date might be pushed back also. The title is very misleading and unprofessional.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
JTrevino replied on Mon, Mar 14 2011 4:57 PM

I am looking to still get one even though this has been a horrible ride! I want to switch to Verizon while they still have "Unlimited data plan" available. I have AT&T right now and would love to just settle with the Inspire, but with a data plan that's capped at 2GB, that's pretty stupid. This phone better come out this week, or I'm saying screw it and just buying a Motorola Droid X. I'm not sure who to blame, Best Buy, Verizon, or HTC??... Because of the rumors floating around it could be anyone's fault. Best Buy for wanting to show Apple some love for the last couple of weeks. Verizon for using this phone as a Guinea Pig to launch their 4G LTE network, and adding delays due to Network problems, or HTC for Battery and Firmware updates right before the phone was even due to come out. Oh! not to mention none of the above companies atleast giving us a solid date to look forward to. Apple keeps a tight lip on their products, but atleast once they reveal them they give us a date to look forward to. With this phone no one has "Technically" given us a date to look forward to, well, other than "Supposed Leaks from Insiders"... Pppffff!!! Whatever!!... Give us a date and stick with it, firmware updates can always be pushed afterwards, just like OS Updates, Froyo, Gingerbread, iOS4.#, etc...

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

I also received a call today from my local Verizon store rep. He said make an appointment to come pick it up on Thursday, so this is legit now.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 436
Points 3,395
LLeCompte replied on Mon, Mar 14 2011 10:33 PM

took them long enough, im just wondering why the price is so high when the inspire is cheaper on ATT? arent they basically the same phone?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS