Sony Drops PSPGo Price To $150

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,421
Points 1,193,230
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Sat, Mar 5 2011 2:26 AM
Well, at least no one can complain about the price tag on Sony's PSPgo any longer. Or wait... can they? When Sony's disc-free PlayStation Portable launched, the reactions were mixed. But almost everyone had a reaction of some sort. Some said it was the future of gaming. Others said physical media wasn't dead yet. Over the years, it has been proven that disc-free is still a little ahead of the curve, and while digital downloads are on the rise, people still aren't ready to give up media altogether when it comes to gaming.

Now, Sony has dropped the price on the device to $150, which is quite a fall from the $250 list price at launch. You might say that this price drop is in anticipation of the NGP launch, but it's probably a combination of that and the fact that sales don't seem to be super high. In fact, some reports are suggesting that Sony may be on their way to killing off the Go completely, much like they did with the original Mylo communicator.

Is the original UMD-based PSP still a better bargain? Probably. UMDs are everywhere, and the PSPGo is limited by the amount of onboard storage. With that said, are you planning on grabbing a Go now that it's far cheaper? Or have you set your sights on the NGP at this point?
  • | Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 988
Points 10,635
coolice replied on Sat, Mar 5 2011 10:46 AM

I dunno guys.... my younger brother got a psp3000 when it first came out.... a little under 2 years ago.... lets just say it makes a great trophy... it sits there on the table, under the mass of papers and books, gathers dust.... @150.... meh, might as well wait for the new psp to come out imo

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,053
Points 60,715
3vi1 replied on Sat, Mar 5 2011 1:35 PM

What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

++++++++++++[>++++>+++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>+++.>++++++++++.-------------.+++.>---.>--.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,795
Points 40,670

Um drop it to 50 and i'll consider it... lol

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,099
Points 13,965
fat78 replied on Sat, Mar 5 2011 9:29 PM

Hand-held video games seem dead now that you can pretty much play games on some other electronic you are probably carrying around with you. I know that when i am out and need some thing to pass the time with, i turn on my phone and play a free app and don't need to carry another device with me.  Much rather carry a small phone that can do many things, then a larger psp that can do fewer.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,099
Points 13,965
fat78 replied on Sat, Mar 5 2011 9:49 PM

Seems like its going to get a lot worse if companies continued to be sided on when it comes to jail breaking.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS