Overclocking Video Cards - Monitoring Temps and Stability

rated by 0 users
This post has 100 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,705
Points 104,490
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Sun, Nov 6 2011 10:41 PM

And here is the same PC at a lower Resolution. Now why did my score drop at a lower resolution on the same PC?

Every other setting was the same. So what the heck?

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,383
Points 31,065
rrplay replied on Sun, Nov 6 2011 11:27 PM

OK Yeah this it .T Thanks Neil .for a while I posting earlier in this thread with different screen res. too.And my results were inflated as to what we would see in reviews  ..till I got these new monitors.Any how sure appreciate you getting back with more good stuff" as usual.The main reason I put the GPU-Z etc stuff etc is so that when I put the say HD 5770 back in run these I'll have some reference..same goes for the Zotac GTS 250 that had I was working with earlier in this thread ..This way when i get around to popping in one the 560 Ti card [single slot GB GA-H55N-USB3 mobo ] it will be easy to compare ...well sorta I guess.What  is good about this too is when running some of these to see how the score's match in comparison with some of the reviews.really don't expect hte GTS 250 to crank' some numbers on the Heaven Bench at that res 1920x1080,& can't blame ya for leaving the AMD 3850 alone the way it is.

>>> Edited the initial OP to update some info with Sapphire TriXX & ShaderToyMark .

FYI  >.>> been using The GIMP to take the screen shots and cropping them it' s just handy for me to use..& getting a bit late for me  Sleep

"Don't Panic ! 'cause HH got's your back!"

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,383
Points 31,065
rrplay replied on Sun, Nov 6 2011 11:36 PM

realneil:

And here is the same PC at a lower Resolution. Now why did my score drop at a lower resolution on the same PC?

Same monitor or no ? check Vsync?  maybe best to run at screen defaults and the Heaven program settings the same.If I change Vysync  I get different results.

Edit: The other thing that some folks do is run test 3 times  this way there is a possible average and / or toss out the oddball' and investigate further. like what we are doing.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,705
Points 104,490
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Sun, Nov 6 2011 11:56 PM

Just lowered the resolution and nothing else.

Score should have gone up, not down,....

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,383
Points 31,065
rrplay replied on Mon, Nov 7 2011 12:10 AM

yep that seem true hang on a few & I run mine  at lower res   ...hang on & edit this post and pop the screen here>> see sig !  :)

oK Same clock as before with 1680x1050 full screen :With slightly higher scores

Ok  is higher as it should be with the lower res all other things being the same.

Previous <cropped> from earlier post for convenience.

hopefully this can help sort things out

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,383
Points 31,065
rrplay replied on Mon, Nov 14 2011 9:30 PM

@realneil  Glad you got it sorted out and moving right along ...came across this while setting up the Labor Day Gaming rig that came with 2 EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti cards   woo- hooo ! Smile

[TIPS] How to Enable SLI and CrossFire Support for OpenGL Applications

This is a 'must ' for SLI with the previous mentioned apps like Furmark and Tessmark....

2.3.1 – The correct way: enabling SLI in NVCPL is not enough. You have also to manually set the SLI rendering mode to AFR1 (Alternate Frame Rendering 1) in NVCPL (Manage 3D Settings entry on the left):

*** A few more tips on the page will get  SLI rendering properly  with these apps.

a little Frumark BurnIN & modest OC on the cards.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,705
Points 104,490
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Mon, Nov 14 2011 9:55 PM

You have 1866 speed memory that's running at 1333? HUH?Indifferent

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,383
Points 31,065
rrplay replied on Mon, Nov 14 2011 9:55 PM

Just wanted to mention something about the one of the EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti running 'noticeably' a bit hotter than the other and thought to check the TIM on the chip and cooler out.

Took a look ..

Glad I did

Cleaned replaced the TIM with AC MX-2

Very robust heatsink and cooler on the cards ! & well worth the time spent ! and did both cards ....as a bonus a quick check at EVGA website

EVGA Firmware Update + Fanspeed Unlocker

Updated 11-7-2011
  v1.0  01G-P3-1561-XX - EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti FPB 01G-P3-1561-AR

Which is my card and after flashing each card separately very user noticeable improvements  with temps, fan speed & noise.Smile

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,383
Points 31,065
rrplay replied on Mon, Nov 14 2011 10:17 PM

realneil:

Nope ! see XMP profile is loaded on this baby ! 941x2=  (1866MHz) at 9-11-9-27 @ 1.65V  can easily repost with the mem tab screen as well

Here it is should have included it  oh well

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,236
Points 37,910
AKwyn replied on Mon, Nov 14 2011 10:44 PM

Well... There goes your warranty presumably... EDIT #2: I did look at the threads, you were right; replacing the TIM does not void the warranty. I was scared of replacing it because other graphics card manufactuers count it as a modification... Glad to see EVGA doesn't count TIM's as a voiding of your warranty.

Sapphire however. I don't know about... I mean the cooler on this card is cool and I feel like tearing that baby up and replacing it with IC Diamond 5 but I'm afraid I'm going to VOID the warranty... I also want to insert Memory heatsinks on the card for improved memory clocks and temps but again, the "no modifications" thing has me scared. Good to see you have the best warranty on your side.

EDIT: Now that you've got it set up; when are you going to benchmark the 560Ti's with programs other then Furmark? Don't get me wrong, the results look very good but seeing your Unigine benchmarks just makes me wonder what'd happen if you do the same thing but with your brand new 560Ti's.

"The future starts with you; now start posting more!"

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,383
Points 31,065
rrplay replied on Mon, Nov 14 2011 11:45 PM

TaylorKarras:

Well... There goes your warranty presumably...

I hope EVGA will accept these for RMA's if they break down in the future despite you replacing the TM which I think goes against their warranty policy.

EDIT: Now that you've got it set up; when are you going to benchmark the 560Ti's with programs other then Furmark? Don't get me wrong, the results look very good but seeing your Unigine benchmarks just makes me wonder what'd happen if you do the same thing but with your brand new 560Ti's.

presumably Taylor there are plenty of  threads all over at Evga forums regarding the end users the ability to replace TIM with out voiding your warranty.. 

if you are looking at the posts of Furmark recently  I have been using it to burn-in and stabilize the system at this time ..don't worry there will be Heaven benchmarks / scores posted for single and SLI ...& coming very soon !

***None of them are any final efforts for high scores just something to keep this thread moving along that user noticeable and productive.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,705
Points 104,490
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Mon, Nov 14 2011 11:48 PM

The pic above with all of the results on it showed it running at the slower speed. And I like that you keep bumping the thread.

I recently read elsewhere about a guy who had bought two Radeon HD6990's to run Crossfire in his system.

He he was putting it together, and he knocked part of one of his cooling fans off. The Mfg. refused to replace the fan, and wouldn't even give/sell him a fan. He had to buy two aftermarket coolers for both of his cards so they would cool properly. They were around $80.00 each.

I would have cried,.......Crying

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,383
Points 31,065
rrplay replied on Tue, Nov 15 2011 12:00 AM

realneil:

The pic above with all of the results on it showed it running at the slower speed. And I like that you keep bumping the thread.

OK here is what I'll do I rerun it with the exact same setting and add the above mem screenie to it to clarify hang on .....

realneil:
He he was putting it together, and he knocked part of one of his cooling fans off. The Mfg. refused to replace the fan, and wouldn't even give/sell him a fan. He had to buy two aftermarket coolers for both of his cards so they would cool properly. They were around $80.00 each.

well as you can see replacing the TIM was a good idea. as long as you don't break anything yourself your ok with EVGA .Not all that sure about the warranty with Evga with the cards the only receipt I have is the announcements of me being the winner

any how I rerun the above and repost with the mem tab of CPU-Z  to clarify before running some Heaven and see what we got ! in a little bit Smile

here it is not as long of a run and did not need to. Just added the mem tab screen of CPU-Z with the same clocks for cpu/gpu

Should be a bit clearer ! thanks for keeping an eye out Neil  pretty sure I may 'pooch' a few more from time to time ....

*** The above GPU OC is a working reference at this time and not intended to be a final OC ! 

Future ongoing changes will always be noted ! <whenever possible>

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,383
Points 31,065
rrplay replied on Tue, Nov 15 2011 12:08 AM

After updating the vid bios,on each card separately updating the  drivers and switching to MSI Afterburner to pump just  a little more Voltage into the card for a bit higher clock speed with-out the slight artifacts in Heaven here are some screen shots with some benches showing the changes. Easier to see & lot less to type

Furmark

Tessmark

Heaven 2.5 Evga 560 Ti Stock ...Test 1 normal 16x

Heaven 2.5 Evga 560 Ti OC

*** Notes:The slight bump in voltage smooth out the higher core speeds artifacts  especially in the Heaven Benchmark .The artifacts were not apparent in the any of the other stress and burn temps.Actually the little bit of V  boost seemed to smooth out some of the graphs overall and I have some pretty good temps in Heaven I think they are in the 60sC & each of the cards running very smoothly.Well worth the effort taking the time to replace TIM as needed as well as updating the Vid Bios since it was available and felt very comfortable in doing so.More head room to OC further.

More to come with some other tests game demo benchmarks fps that are available in single gpu and SLi..

'got some of your own stuff to share ?? ~~...then  post away guys Smile

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,383
Points 31,065
rrplay replied on Tue, Dec 13 2011 11:21 AM

MSI Kombustor Competition

http://www.ozone3d.net/msi_kombustor/dec2011/

see and follow here

MSI Kombustor 2.2.2 Released, Xmas Competition Edition!

(Tips) How To Enable SLI and CrossFire Support for MSI Kombustor 2.0

for those that have SLI take a look here

Manage your SLI Profiles with NVIDIA GeForce SLI Profile Tool

Simply tweaking the NVIDIA profile with GeForce 3D Settings Profile Manager. This tool, developed by NVIDIA, allows to export and import the profile file. The profile file is a simple text file anyone can edit with a simple text editor. Here is a profile that works fine for MSI Kombustor and allows to take advantage of n-way SLI up to four GPUs:

Profile "MSI Kombustor"
    ShowOn GeForce
    ProfileType Application
    Executable "MSIKombustorDX9.exe"
    Executable "MSIKombustorDX10.exe"
    Executable "MSIKombustorDX11.exe"
    Setting ID_0x00a06946 = 0x084000f5
    Setting ID_0x1033cec1 = 0x00000003
    Setting ID_0x1033cec2 = 0x00000002
    Setting ID_0x1033dcd2 = 0x00000004
    Setting ID_0x1033dcd3 = 0x00000004
    Setting ID_0x1095def8 = 0x02c00005
    Setting ID_0x20441369 = 0x00000001
    Setting ID_0x209746c1 = 0x04280001
    Setting ID_0x20ebd7b8 = 0x00000020
EndProfile

Just copy and paste this profile in NVIDIA profile file and import it with the GeForce 3D Settings Profile Manager utility.

A bit of fun to get the MSI  Target scores to enter Smile

Target

From December 12, 2011 to December 25, 2011 ,
first target is X-score @1234 (Preset: 1920*1080 full screen) + P-score @4321 (Preset: 1280*720 full screen)
      From December 26 2011, to January 12, 2012,
second target is X-score @ XXXX (Preset: 1920*1080 full screen) + P-score @XXXX (Preset: 1280*720 full screen)

*** More MSI Kombustor Fun can be found  here

Thanks Again MSI Have Fun and Good Luck ! Smile

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,374
Points 80,315

nice update rrplay

"Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."

Z77 GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER

GIGABYTE GTX670

G.Skill Ripjaws X 16gb PC2133

Antec P280

Corsair H100

Asus Blu-ray burner

Seasonic X650 PSU

Patriot Pyro 128gb SSD

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,236
Points 37,910
AKwyn replied on Wed, Dec 14 2011 1:21 AM

I have to agree. Messing around with the settings in an attempt to get target scores can be interesting, and there are just so many ways you can do it. Lowering the clocks, messing around with NVIDIA settings; the possibilities are just endless! And it's certainly exciting when you reach the target score.

Good luck rrplay, hope you manage to hit the target scores that MSI has set. And nice update!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,383
Points 31,065
rrplay replied on Wed, Dec 14 2011 9:20 AM

TaylorKarras:
I have to agree. Messing around with the settings in an attempt to get target scores can be interesting, and there are just so many ways you can do it. Lowering the clocks,

yep a bit of fun for sure and the scores can be bit different on the X  & P runs  which takes about 2 minutes to run each time

Thought to update & pop MSI a bit yesterday ..after all they sponsored the HH Giveaway with yesterdays prizes

got pretty close with  a bit  tweaking  &. Almost  got one !   Surprise

Congrats again to Cdeeter omgadraco & Taylor  >> you guys all make this community what it is Smile

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,383
Points 31,065
rrplay replied on Thu, Dec 15 2011 1:12 AM

Just an update with the MSI Kombuster target contest

single card for the X score of 1234  3rd run hit the target score with the below core & mem clock speeds [underclock]

1st run was 1233 >> 2nd 1236  3rd 1234 Stick out tongue

OK so it Underclocking and locking in stability &  hitting the target scores .Still a bit of fun.Smile

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 418
Points 5,330
FreeJet replied on Sat, Dec 17 2011 11:05 PM

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,383
Points 31,065
rrplay replied on Sun, Dec 18 2011 8:57 AM

FreeJet:

Hmmm.  So, I see you can enter your e-mail (black-out) and password in the Kombustor dialog box, but are you able to enter you Nickname in that text box?  I can't.  ...

I blacked out my email for the HH post only ..just enter my email and passwd  and my  X Score 1234 and it is posted here as rrplay

the first runs I did with Der meister in the other thread were simply to check the post entry on the website an NOT  and OC or target run attempt.

had the P Score of 4319 but it is not close enough or target score also had P Score 4323  no good :( should be on target page but not oh well must be that pesky 4321 target score to be there.  anyhooo

you sure you have the the December contest edition of Kombustor ?  what is you name you go for your account ? maybe some one will spot it or its got to be your account setting or something like that. reinstall ?? apps ??

***FreeJet    may run the x score on a hd 6850 on  the other rig to hit both targets  and post back in here if either target is hit .

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,705
Points 104,490
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Sun, Nov 6 2011 10:41 PM

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,383
Points 31,065
rrplay replied on Sun, Nov 6 2011 11:27 PM

OK Yeah this it .T Thanks Neil .for a while I posting earlier in this thread with different screen res. too.And my results were inflated as to what we would see in reviews  ..till I got these new monitors.Any how sure appreciate you getting back with more good stuff" as usual.The main reason I put the GPU-Z etc stuff etc is so that when I put the say HD 5770 back in run these I'll have some reference..same goes for the Zotac GTS 250 that had I was working with earlier in this thread ..This way when i get around to popping in one the 560 Ti card [single slot GB GA-H55N-USB3 mobo ] it will be easy to compare ...well sorta I guess.What  is good about this too is when running some of these to see how the score's match in comparison with some of the reviews.really don't expect hte GTS 250 to crank' some numbers on the Heaven Bench at that res 1920x1080,& can't blame ya for leaving the AMD 3850 alone the way it is.

>>> Edited the initial OP to update some info with Sapphire TriXX & ShaderToyMark .

FYI  >.>> been using The GIMP to take the screen shots and cropping them it' s just handy for me to use..& getting a bit late for me  Sleep

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,383
Points 31,065
rrplay replied on Sun, Nov 6 2011 11:36 PM

realneil:

Same monitor or no ? check Vsync?  maybe best to run at screen defaults and the Heaven program settings the same.If I change Vysync  I get different results.

Edit: The other thing that some folks do is run test 3 times  this way there is a possible average and / or toss out the oddball' and investigate further. like what we are doing.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,705
Points 104,490
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Sun, Nov 6 2011 11:56 PM

Just lowered the resolution and nothing else.

Score should have gone up, not down,....

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,383
Points 31,065
rrplay replied on Mon, Nov 7 2011 12:10 AM

yep that seem true hang on a few & I run mine  at lower res   ...hang on & edit this post and pop the screen here>> see sig !  :)

oK Same clock as before with 1680x1050 full screen :With slightly higher scores

Ok  is higher as it should be with the lower res all other things being the same.

Previous <cropped> from earlier post for convenience.

hopefully this can help sort things out

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,383
Points 31,065
rrplay replied on Mon, Nov 14 2011 9:30 PM

@realneil  Glad you got it sorted out and moving right along ...came across this while setting up the Labor Day Gaming rig that came with 2 EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti cards   woo- hooo ! Smile

[TIPS] How to Enable SLI and CrossFire Support for OpenGL Applications

This is a 'must ' for SLI with the previous mentioned apps like Furmark and Tessmark....

2.3.1 – The correct way: enabling SLI in NVCPL is not enough. You have also to manually set the SLI rendering mode to AFR1 (Alternate Frame Rendering 1) in NVCPL (Manage 3D Settings entry on the left):

*** A few more tips on the page will get  SLI rendering properly  with these apps.

a little Frumark BurnIN & modest OC on the cards.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,705
Points 104,490
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Mon, Nov 14 2011 9:55 PM

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,383
Points 31,065
rrplay replied on Mon, Nov 14 2011 9:55 PM

Just wanted to mention something about the one of the EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti running 'noticeably' a bit hotter than the other and thought to check the TIM on the chip and cooler out.

Took a look ..

Glad I did

Cleaned replaced the TIM with AC MX-2

Very robust heatsink and cooler on the cards ! & well worth the time spent ! and did both cards ....as a bonus a quick check at EVGA website

EVGA Firmware Update + Fanspeed Unlocker

Updated 11-7-2011
  v1.0  01G-P3-1561-XX - EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti FPB 01G-P3-1561-AR

Which is my card and after flashing each card separately very user noticeable improvements  with temps, fan speed & noise.Smile

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,383
Points 31,065
rrplay replied on Mon, Nov 14 2011 10:17 PM

realneil:

Nope ! see XMP profile is loaded on this baby ! 941x2=  (1866MHz) at 9-11-9-27 @ 1.65V  can easily repost with the mem tab screen as well

Here it is should have included it  oh well

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,236
Points 37,910
AKwyn replied on Mon, Nov 14 2011 10:44 PM

Well... There goes your warranty presumably... EDIT #2: I did look at the threads, you were right; replacing the TIM does not void the warranty. I was scared of replacing it because other graphics card manufactuers count it as a modification... Glad to see EVGA doesn't count TIM's as a voiding of your warranty.

Sapphire however. I don't know about... I mean the cooler on this card is cool and I feel like tearing that baby up and replacing it with IC Diamond 5 but I'm afraid I'm going to VOID the warranty... I also want to insert Memory heatsinks on the card for improved memory clocks and temps but again, the "no modifications" thing has me scared. Good to see you have the best warranty on your side.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,383
Points 31,065
rrplay replied on Mon, Nov 14 2011 11:45 PM

TaylorKarras:

Well... There goes your warranty presumably...

I hope EVGA will accept these for RMA's if they break down in the future despite you replacing the TM which I think goes against their warranty policy.

presumably Taylor there are plenty of  threads all over at Evga forums regarding the end users the ability to replace TIM with out voiding your warranty.. 

if you are looking at the posts of Furmark recently  I have been using it to burn-in and stabilize the system at this time ..don't worry there will be Heaven benchmarks / scores posted for single and SLI ...& coming very soon !

***None of them are any final efforts for high scores just something to keep this thread moving along that user noticeable and productive.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,705
Points 104,490
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Mon, Nov 14 2011 11:48 PM

I recently read elsewhere about a guy who had bought two Radeon HD6990's to run Crossfire in his system.

I would have cried,.......Crying

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,383
Points 31,065
rrplay replied on Tue, Nov 15 2011 12:00 AM

realneil:

OK here is what I'll do I rerun it with the exact same setting and add the above mem screenie to it to clarify hang on .....

realneil:

well as you can see replacing the TIM was a good idea. as long as you don't break anything yourself your ok with EVGA .Not all that sure about the warranty with Evga with the cards the only receipt I have is the announcements of me being the winner

any how I rerun the above and repost with the mem tab of CPU-Z  to clarify before running some Heaven and see what we got ! in a little bit Smile

here it is not as long of a run and did not need to. Just added the mem tab screen of CPU-Z with the same clocks for cpu/gpu

Should be a bit clearer ! thanks for keeping an eye out Neil  pretty sure I may 'pooch' a few more from time to time ....

*** The above GPU OC is a working reference at this time and not intended to be a final OC ! 

Future ongoing changes will always be noted ! <whenever possible>

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,383
Points 31,065
rrplay replied on Tue, Nov 15 2011 12:08 AM

After updating the vid bios,on each card separately updating the  drivers and switching to MSI Afterburner to pump just  a little more Voltage into the card for a bit higher clock speed with-out the slight artifacts in Heaven here are some screen shots with some benches showing the changes. Easier to see & lot less to type

Furmark

Tessmark

Heaven 2.5 Evga 560 Ti Stock ...Test 1 normal 16x

Heaven 2.5 Evga 560 Ti OC

*** Notes:The slight bump in voltage smooth out the higher core speeds artifacts  especially in the Heaven Benchmark .The artifacts were not apparent in the any of the other stress and burn temps.Actually the little bit of V  boost seemed to smooth out some of the graphs overall and I have some pretty good temps in Heaven I think they are in the 60sC & each of the cards running very smoothly.Well worth the effort taking the time to replace TIM as needed as well as updating the Vid Bios since it was available and felt very comfortable in doing so.More head room to OC further.

More to come with some other tests game demo benchmarks fps that are available in single gpu and SLi..

'got some of your own stuff to share ?? ~~...then  post away guys Smile

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,383
Points 31,065
rrplay replied on Tue, Dec 13 2011 11:21 AM

MSI Kombustor Competition

see and follow here

MSI Kombustor 2.2.2 Released, Xmas Competition Edition!

(Tips) How To Enable SLI and CrossFire Support for MSI Kombustor 2.0

for those that have SLI take a look here

Manage your SLI Profiles with NVIDIA GeForce SLI Profile Tool

Simply tweaking the NVIDIA profile with GeForce 3D Settings Profile Manager. This tool, developed by NVIDIA, allows to export and import the profile file. The profile file is a simple text file anyone can edit with a simple text editor. Here is a profile that works fine for MSI Kombustor and allows to take advantage of n-way SLI up to four GPUs:

Profile "MSI Kombustor"
    ShowOn GeForce
    ProfileType Application
    Executable "MSIKombustorDX9.exe"
    Executable "MSIKombustorDX10.exe"
    Executable "MSIKombustorDX11.exe"
    Setting ID_0x00a06946 = 0x084000f5
    Setting ID_0x1033cec1 = 0x00000003
    Setting ID_0x1033cec2 = 0x00000002
    Setting ID_0x1033dcd2 = 0x00000004
    Setting ID_0x1033dcd3 = 0x00000004
    Setting ID_0x1095def8 = 0x02c00005
    Setting ID_0x20441369 = 0x00000001
    Setting ID_0x209746c1 = 0x04280001
    Setting ID_0x20ebd7b8 = 0x00000020
EndProfile

Just copy and paste this profile in NVIDIA profile file and import it with the GeForce 3D Settings Profile Manager utility.

A bit of fun to get the MSI  Target scores to enter Smile

Target

From December 12, 2011 to December 25, 2011 ,
first target is X-score @1234 (Preset: 1920*1080 full screen) + P-score @4321 (Preset: 1280*720 full screen)
      From December 26 2011, to January 12, 2012,
second target is X-score @ XXXX (Preset: 1920*1080 full screen) + P-score @XXXX (Preset: 1280*720 full screen)

*** More MSI Kombustor Fun can be found  here

Thanks Again MSI Have Fun and Good Luck ! Smile

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,374
Points 80,315

nice update rrplay

"Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."

Z77 GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER

GIGABYTE GTX670

G.Skill Ripjaws X 16gb PC2133

Antec P280

Corsair H100

Asus Blu-ray burner

Seasonic X650 PSU

Patriot Pyro 128gb SSD

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,236
Points 37,910
AKwyn replied on Wed, Dec 14 2011 1:21 AM

I have to agree. Messing around with the settings in an attempt to get target scores can be interesting, and there are just so many ways you can do it. Lowering the clocks, messing around with NVIDIA settings; the possibilities are just endless! And it's certainly exciting when you reach the target score.

Good luck rrplay, hope you manage to hit the target scores that MSI has set. And nice update!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,383
Points 31,065
rrplay replied on Wed, Dec 14 2011 9:20 AM

TaylorKarras:
I have to agree. Messing around with the settings in an attempt to get target scores can be interesting, and there are just so many ways you can do it. Lowering the clocks,

yep a bit of fun for sure and the scores can be bit different on the X  & P runs  which takes about 2 minutes to run each time

Thought to update & pop MSI a bit yesterday ..after all they sponsored the HH Giveaway with yesterdays prizes

got pretty close with  a bit  tweaking  &. Almost  got one !   Surprise

Congrats again to Cdeeter omgadraco & Taylor  >> you guys all make this community what it is Smile

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,383
Points 31,065
rrplay replied on Thu, Dec 15 2011 1:12 AM

Just an update with the MSI Kombuster target contest

single card for the X score of 1234  3rd run hit the target score with the below core & mem clock speeds [underclock]

1st run was 1233 >> 2nd 1236  3rd 1234 Stick out tongue

OK so it Underclocking and locking in stability &  hitting the target scores .Still a bit of fun.Smile

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 418
Points 5,330
FreeJet replied on Sat, Dec 17 2011 11:05 PM

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,383
Points 31,065
rrplay replied on Sun, Dec 18 2011 8:57 AM

FreeJet:

Hmmm.  So, I see you can enter your e-mail (black-out) and password in the Kombustor dialog box, but are you able to enter you Nickname in that text box?  I can't.  ...

I blacked out my email for the HH post only ..just enter my email and passwd  and my  X Score 1234 and it is posted here as rrplay

the first runs I did with Der meister in the other thread were simply to check the post entry on the website an NOT  and OC or target run attempt.

had the P Score of 4319 but it is not close enough or target score also had P Score 4323  no good :( should be on target page but not oh well must be that pesky 4321 target score to be there.  anyhooo

you sure you have the the December contest edition of Kombustor ?  what is you name you go for your account ? maybe some one will spot it or its got to be your account setting or something like that. reinstall ?? apps ??

***FreeJet    may run the x score on a hd 6850 on  the other rig to hit both targets  and post back in here if either target is hit .

Page 3 of 3 (101 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS