2.5 Geeks Show Shoots Tonight - SUBMIT YOUR QUESTIONS FOR READER Q&A! :)

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,563
Points 54,725
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Dave_HH Posted: Sat, Feb 26 2011 9:46 AM

That's right we want to hear what YOU want to know, so submit your questions here!

2.5 Geeks Show Shoots Tonight - SUBMIT YOUR QUESTIONS FOR READER Q&A!   Yes

Editor In Chief
http://hothardware.com

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 988
Points 10,635
coolice replied on Sat, Feb 26 2011 10:42 AM

This is a question my friends are asking me day in and day out, especially a few who are looking to upgrade their computers.

1) Wait for AMD's bulldozer line to shoot out? or is it being a little overhyped? (a quick google search and you'll see claims of it going to be 50% faster than the core i7's?) or invest in a S-B set up and stick with intel?

(Though i know the answer already, well, personally i'm going to wait, i dont mind holding off my builds for the next few months, but i'd like to hear a different perspective if any)

2)  Also what you think will be the outcome/ adoption of Thunderbolt? should that be a leading factor in deciding a new build as well? or that a little far fetched for other companies, if so, why? 

At the moment those two questions are whats bugging me. Looking forward to the vidcast! Perhaps bug Iyaz and ask him the questions as usually he delegates the them for you and marco to answer haha. 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,622
Points 103,875
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Sat, Feb 26 2011 12:29 PM

The recent Lightpeak/Thunderbolt release is interesting. What impact do you guys see for this technology in the near term? And how relevant might it become in the future?

Wasn't it supposed to be purely a fiber optic connection? (I think that it's copper wires though) Would it be prudent to wait for the F/O iteration  to emerge?

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

Not Ranked
Posts 324
Points 4,305

Is it true that Thunderbolt will be an Apple exclusive product until early 2012?

How does the AMD Bulldozer Architecture work different from Intel's New chips and what advantages "theoretically" can it have in performance compared to the competition ?

i7-950@3.8 + Asus Sabertooth X58+ CM692 Advanced+ 6GB A-Data Gaming DDR3@1600

ATI Radeon 6870+ 1TB Hitachi HD+ 750w Modular PSU + Asetek Liquid Cooler + DigitalStorm PC  

YesThanks To HotHardware.ComYes

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 168
Points 2,815
4hams replied on Sat, Feb 26 2011 3:08 PM

As a new member of HH I have just learned of this program 2.5 Geeks. 

What types of subject matter do you folks regularly cover and do ya have anything special planned for the future to peek our interest?  .

i7 920 @ 4.1
ASUS P6X58D Premium
G.SKILL DDR3 2000
PATRIOT INFERNO 100GB OCZ Vertex 60GB 
HD 5850 1GB GDDR5
Seasonic 80 PLUS GOLD X-SERIES 750W
CORSAIR H50 Push/Pull
HP 19" f1905b
Windows 7 PRO 64Bit
CM STORM SNIPER (Black Edition)

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,377
Points 31,015
rrplay replied on Sat, Feb 26 2011 3:35 PM

would you gentleman like to comment as to whether SSDs may replace physical hard disks? if so and when ?

Any news as  to if and when we may see  a  blooper vidcast of 2.5 This Old Nerd the build vidcast with you and Marco .??

pretty sure all the fans here will definitely  watch.

"Don't Panic ! 'cause HH got's your back!"

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS