HTC Inspire 4G Lands at AT&T Just Ahead of Valentine's Day

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 24,882
Points 1,116,805
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Wed, Feb 2 2011 10:33 AM
Some couples buy each other chocolate for Valentine's Day. Others skip the gifts and take their partner out for a night on the town. And a few end up forgetting completely, ultimately winding up on the couch instead of the bedroom. If your significant other is jonesing for a new smartphone, AT&T will begin selling the HTC Inspire 4G just in time for the lover's holiday.

The HTC Inspire 4G lands at AT&T on February 13, 2011. The significance here is not that it might score some brownie points with your partner, but that this is AT&T's first 4G mobile phone, and is also the first to run the Android 2.2 platform and the AT&T Mobile Hotspot app. It also boasts a generous screen size.

"The HTC Inspire 4G will be the first 4G smartphone in AT&T stores and will have the largest screen of any AT&T smartphone, with a 4.3-inch super LCD display, and will offer an 8-megapixel camera with HD video recording," AT&T says. "Running on the Android 2.2 platform, the HTC Inspire 4G will be the first smartphone in the U.S. to feature the next-generation HTC Sense experience with cloud services. The HTC Inspire 4G will also be the first to introduce AT&T Mobile Hotspot service built into the smartphone, allowing users to connect additional Wi-Fi enabled devices."

Cost of entry is a comparatively affordable $100 with a two-year service contract required.
  • | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 493
Points 4,555

It's an EVO with a bunch of the features stripped out of it.

Smooth Creations LANShark "Blue Flame" + ASUS G73JH-A2 + ASUS EeePC S101H
Yes it's the original InfinityzeN

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 988
Points 10,620
coolice replied on Wed, Feb 2 2011 5:53 PM

Haha...

Gone are the days of simply buying flowers, making a mixed cd and presenting a heart-shaped box of chocolates... Hello to buying cellphones that your better-half/ gf/bf... tools that aid that person in cheating.

And Infinity.... your right, stripped down, but not THAT much. the Inspire doesnt have a front camera, or hdmi out, no kickstand either... Meh, big deal

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,796
Points 45,500
rapid1 replied on Wed, Feb 2 2011 10:59 PM

Yeah and how is it 4G if at&t has a 3/3.5G network, I guess maybe adaptively hah, lol!!!

Machine name: rapid1
 Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) 
 System Model: Gigabyte X58A-UD5
 Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU         930  @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
 Memory: Kingston 6144MB RAM
  • | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 493
Points 4,555

Your forgetting the much smaller battery and lack of "True 4G"tm. 

My EVO is hitting download speeds today that are not that far short of this things theoretical max download.  I'm talking my actual peak compared to the radio in this things theoretical max which means there is nothing that can be done.  800Kbps ~ 2.1Mbps downloads and 122Kbps ~ 240Kbps uploads are not really that impressive.  My EVO does better than that download in 3G, with about x4~8 that in 4G.  My uploads are about the same in 3G and x4~6 that in 4G.

Any HSPA+ phone labled "4G" is a flaming pile in a paper bag left at your door.  People will expect better performance from it than a 3G phone, while AT&T and T-Mob are both actually barely faster than 3G (if not actually slower).  It is actually worse then all the dumb iPhone 4 people who think they have a 4G phone since the companies are outright telling them that their "3G enhanced" phones are 4G.

Smooth Creations LANShark "Blue Flame" + ASUS G73JH-A2 + ASUS EeePC S101H
Yes it's the original InfinityzeN

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS