Take a Peek at the Samsung Sidekick 4G

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,496
Points 1,196,660
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Mon, Jan 31 2011 10:53 AM
It looks as though T-Mobile is tapping into Samsung to build its new Sidekick 4G smartphone, which is keeping the newest Sidekick true to form in style. If leaked photos are to be believed, you can expect the Sidekick 4G to sport Google's Android OS and and probably a front-facing camera, the latest fad in smartphone design.

TmoNews got its hands on the leaked pics, which look like they were taken by a 5-year-old with his Spongebob branded digital camera. Piss-poor quality aside, there are several shots to look at, one of which shows a blurry logo of Samsung etched into the back.

The above mentioned front-facing camera isn't a sure thing, but it looks like there's one if you direct your attention to the top corner. You can also make out several familiar buttons, a swiveling display, and what could possibly be a custom skin on top of Android.
  • | Post Points: 65
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 988
Points 10,650
coolice replied on Mon, Jan 31 2011 11:29 AM

Perhaps its this particular pic, perhaps its just me, but from an aesthetic point of view.... it doesnt look that great. Sure it might function like beast... but whenever i hear the name 'sidekick' the only thing that comes to mind is paris hilton texting some gossip-goodness to someone "omg, my dog just took a poop, cutest thing EVER"

Apologies if this is offensive, or to people who are looking forward to purchase this device.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 558
Points 5,105

That this is f'ugly. f'ugly does not sell well. ie, this will not sell well.

Not Ranked
Posts 324
Points 4,305

That is just sad...I don't believe that this is the final look, Samsung knows better than that. The Sidekick was the Sh-- back then, kind of hard to appeal these days when we have the Iphone, Blackberry devices , HTC and other cool Samsung phones.

When this goes final , I would Expect it to be geared heavily towars the teens, so expect Justin Bieber comercials to bombard your TV and your favorite Tech websites.

Imagine Justin replacing that "Gorilla Glass" Spot on top of HotHardware? yikes

i7-950@3.8 + Asus Sabertooth X58+ CM692 Advanced+ 6GB A-Data Gaming DDR3@1600

ATI Radeon 6870+ 1TB Hitachi HD+ 750w Modular PSU + Asetek Liquid Cooler + DigitalStorm PC  

YesThanks To HotHardware.ComYes

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 988
Points 10,650
coolice replied on Mon, Jan 31 2011 1:54 PM

Nooo.... your comment makes me cringe, No more justin beiber! These kids are sprawling everywhere now!!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,796
Points 40,655
Inspector replied on Mon, Jan 31 2011 6:39 PM

Did we just downgrade in style points? :D

The sidekick should look slick and stylish, thats the main selling point :). Plus since it died out before i don't see much people going back to it, most already got Black Berries as a replacement.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS