Asetek And Antec Partner On New KÜHLER H2O CPU Cooler Series

rated by 0 users
This post has 12 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,096
Points 1,183,410
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Thu, Jan 13 2011 4:08 PM
Not everyone gets into the consumer electronics business to make friends, but Antec and Asetek have put their rival instincts aside for the betterment of both companies. Asetek just recently celebrated the shipment of their 500,000 sealed liquid cooler, and now they're going to be issuing yet another new product, but with the help of a company that's fairly well known in the PSU/case/peripheral space.

Both Antec and Asetek have jointly announced a new partnership, with the pair working together on the new KÜHLER H2O series. This is slated to be a flagship product, and one that is designed to operate quietly and with "zero maintenance." The first model in the series, the KÜHLER H2O 620, features Asetek’s low-profile pump, and each one in the series will utilize liquid temperature controlled fans. These new CPU coolers also have Antec's 3-year limited warranty , and the 620 in particular will be available at the end of this month for an undisclosed amount.

Antec and Asetek Unveil New Partnership, Create Next-Generation CPU Cooling Products
Thursday, 13 January 2011 06:00

All-new Antec KÜHLER H2O series uses Asetek technology, sets latest standard in high-performance and quiet CPU cooling

In its 25th anniversary year, Antec, Inc., the global leader in high-performance computer components and accessories for the gaming, PC upgrade and Do-It-Yourself markets, has teamed up with Asetek, the industry-leading supplier of OEM liquid cooling systems for computers, to bring the latest iteration of Asetek’s award-winning, sealed liquid cooling technology to the well-established Antec brand, with the launch of the KÜHLER H2O series.

The KÜHLER H2O series is the next-generation top-of-the-line solution – crafted to bring sealed liquid CPU cooling to mainstream PC hardware and gaming enthusiasts world-wide – all delivering a Quiet Computing™ experience that requires Zero Maintenance™, and that’s built to OEM standards for reliability.Antec 620

“Antec’s global reach and excellent reputation make them an ideal partner to bring Asetek’s next generation of sealed liquid cooling technology to the DIY and system integrator markets,” said Steve Branton, Director of Marketing at Asetek. “From a technical perspective, we are delighted by the new levels of performance, quiet operation and just plain fun features that partnering with Antec is bringing to the new KÜHLER H2O series.”

“Our collaboration with Asetek demonstrates that we’ve taken an important step to deliver a solidly-built, trusted cooling product to our core users,” said Scott Richards, senior vice president at Antec. “We are thrilled to release the new KÜHLER H2O series as it represents the pinnacle of joint-development efforts, and provides users with a quiet performing, easy-to-install solution – one that offers a richer experience and that’s compatible with a wide array of builds.”  

The first model in the series, the KÜHLER H2O 620, features Asetek’s low-profile pump for exceptional liquid circulation while preserving internal airflow, and easy-bend tubes for maximum flexibility in radiator positioning. Additionally, each model in the KÜHLER H2O series utilizes liquid temperature controlled fans to deliver Antec’s renowned Quiet Computing™ technology for quiet, efficient performance and uses the latest generation copper cold plate for optimal conduction.

The KÜHLER H2O series of high-performance CPU coolers are backed by Antec’s Quality 3-Year (AQ3) Limited Warranty on parts and labor and were showcased at this year’s CES show. The first model, the KÜHLER H2O 620, will be available at the end of January through major retailers, e-tailers and distributors.

For up-to-date information and product videos, follow the official Antec Facebook page www.facebook.com/AntecInc or the official Antec blog at http://blog.antec.com.
  • | Post Points: 95
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 435
Points 6,255
lifeskills replied on Fri, Jan 14 2011 12:53 AM

I wonder if those hoses are re-enforced or just tubing. Looks good, I wonder if the h70 style pump design will make this any better than the h50

i7 950 - ASUS Rampage 3 Extreme - ASUS GTX 570 - AZZA Hurricane - 6 GB Corsair 1600 - Corsair AX750 - WD 1tb black  Cool Thank You HH!!!!!!Cool

AMD 1090T - MSI 890FXA-GD70 - XFX HD5850 x2 - CM Storm Scout - 8GB Kingston HyperX 1600 - Corsair HX850 - Sammy spinpoint f3 

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 324
Points 4,305

So now Corsair has teamed up with Cool-It, and Antec with Asetek. It will be interesting to see how the Kuhler H2O 920 will stack up against the Corsair H60, that will be priced cheaper than the H70, but with better performance than the H50.

But the big match up will be with the Kuhler H2O 920 againts The H70. Curious to see what performance gains will the 920 have over the H70!!

i7-950@3.8 + Asus Sabertooth X58+ CM692 Advanced+ 6GB A-Data Gaming DDR3@1600

ATI Radeon 6870+ 1TB Hitachi HD+ 750w Modular PSU + Asetek Liquid Cooler + DigitalStorm PC  

YesThanks To HotHardware.ComYes

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 435
Points 6,255

I didn't realize the h60 was a cool-it colab... Explains the block style

i7 950 - ASUS Rampage 3 Extreme - ASUS GTX 570 - AZZA Hurricane - 6 GB Corsair 1600 - Corsair AX750 - WD 1tb black  Cool Thank You HH!!!!!!Cool

AMD 1090T - MSI 890FXA-GD70 - XFX HD5850 x2 - CM Storm Scout - 8GB Kingston HyperX 1600 - Corsair HX850 - Sammy spinpoint f3 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,622
Points 103,890
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Fri, Jan 14 2011 8:35 PM

The hoses on mine are reinforced and heavy gauge material. These look a little different, but I'm sure they're quite sturdy.

I have an Asetek Cooler and a Corsair H50 too. Both are made by Asetek. Both do the job well.

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,830
Points 45,790
rapid1 replied on Fri, Jan 14 2011 9:54 PM

I still although meaning to do so for quite some time have not grabbed one of these yet. I really like the H70, but will have to see where this goes. Of course I also like the total self made liquid cooling solutions as well, but don't have then money to put into one right now either.

MB:ASUS Z87C
CPU:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 4770 ***
GPU:Geforce GTX 770 4GB
Mem:***ingston 16384MB RAM
Not Ranked
Posts 43
Points 530
BMAN replied on Sat, Jan 15 2011 4:39 PM

I have owned 2 products manufactured by CoolIt Systems Inc; the first was the Domino A.L.C. which nearly cost my entire computer (the waterblock cracked and leaked coolant all over the motherboard and videocard), it was replaced-by CoolIt Systems Inc. with the new Coolit ECO...let's just say that no matter how many different ways I reapplied the block to the CPU, it just never cooled as well as air.

So I'll stick with my old Thermalright 120 until such time that I can afford to invest in a 'real' water-cooling setup

system specs

Intel i5 3570***, ASUS Sabertooth Z77, Corsair AX850, 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3, Corsair Force 3 Series GT  SSD (120GB), WD VelociRaptor (300GB), water-cooled HIS Radeon HD7950, AZZA Genesis 9000, EKWB Supremacy CQ CPU block, XSPC RX360, EKWB-DCP 4.0 pump, Windows 7 H.P. - 64 bit

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,622
Points 103,890
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Sat, Jan 15 2011 5:32 PM

BMAN:
So I'll stick with my old Thermalright 120 until such time that I can afford to invest in a 'real' water-cooling setup

Safe to say that these are 'real'. (Hell, RealNeil Says So)

They do a great job of cooling the i7 CPU's in both of my systems.

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 168
Points 2,815
4hams replied on Sat, Feb 5 2011 8:39 PM

BMAN:

I have owned 2 products manufactured by CoolIt Systems Inc; the first was the Domino A.L.C. which nearly cost my entire computer (the waterblock cracked and leaked coolant all over the motherboard and videocard), it was replaced-by CoolIt Systems Inc. with the new Coolit ECO...let's just say that no matter how many different ways I reapplied the block to the CPU, it just never cooled as well as air.

Sorry to hear about the issue you have had with the coolit products.  I have 2 Domino ALC's and both work well!  I have a few friends that write reviews for the Coolit products and have rated them very well for basic self contained water coolers. 

I know when dealing with coolit you can have some of their units built to suit your needs as in rad size and number of fans. 

i7 920 @ 4.1
ASUS P6X58D Premium
G.SKILL DDR3 2000
PATRIOT INFERNO 100GB OCZ Vertex 60GB 
HD 5850 1GB GDDR5
Seasonic 80 PLUS GOLD X-SERIES 750W
CORSAIR H50 Push/Pull
HP 19" f1905b
Windows 7 PRO 64Bit
CM STORM SNIPER (Black Edition)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,377
Points 31,015
rrplay replied on Tue, Apr 26 2011 10:42 AM

I had received the Antec H20 620 from   Zack Fanning over at Asetek as a sort of "fan of the month" with one of the promotions and wanted to share the install  build link here so others may conveniently see just how versatile this Antec product is along with some pics.

http://hothardware.com/cs/forums/t/54561.aspx

"Don't Panic ! 'cause HH got's your back!"

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,377
Points 31,015
rrplay replied on Mon, May 2 2011 10:43 PM

here is some info from Zack Fanning's blog page regarding the tubing material, pump, and fan speeds

Questions of the Month-May 2011

“Questions of the Month” is a blog feature that addresses some of the questions that come to us about our products and technology. Feel free to submit your own questions to questions@asetek.com.

This round of questions focused on some of the new innovations Asetek has included in our most recent water coolers. We’re constantly innovating to bring you better performance and features. Have something you’d like to see? Feel free to send us your comments!

Why is rubber tubing being used on Asetek’s latest water coolers?
When Asetek introduced our sealed CPU liquid coolers, we needed to find a tubing material that would eliminate the need for big reservoirs and the refilling that was inherently required with custom liquid cooling. We achieved this by using FEP corrugated plastic, but we have received feedback that the stiff tubing can be difficult to install into tight spaces.

After nearly 18 months of testing different materials under prolonged and strenuous conditions, we found a rubber material that achieves the same durability and longevity of the plastic tubing. At the same time it is much easier to bend, allowing for easier tube routing and installation. We think you’ll immediately see the benefit of these new rubber tubes the first time you install an Asetek water cooler with them.

What is the difference between Asetek’s Automatic and Interactive liquid temperature fan control?
Some of Asetek’s newest liquid CPU liquid coolers come with one of two versions of liquid temperature fan control. Both will provide you increased cooling when you need it, and a quiet system when you don’t. Automatic and Interactive fan control systems use firmware and temperature sensors built into the pump to control radiator fans.

• Automatic fan control uses predefined fan speed curves embedded into the firmware for "Plug and Play" fan control. The cooler will automatically ramp up fans when the liquid temperature begins to rise and ramp down when the liquid is cooled. Automatic fan control uses voltage regulation to control fan speed. Any 12V fan can be used with Automatic fan control. The fan control wire is fitted with a 3-pin connector. Fans with 2-pin or 3-pin connectors can be plugged directly into this connector.
  • Interactive fan control interfaces with Asetek’s ChillControl™ App, giving enthusiasts the ability to choose between Performance or Silent modes. In addition, the Custom mode allows you to control the fan speed with customized curve parameters.
    Asetek ChillControl

Because Interactive fan control uses a PWM signal to control fan speed, only PWM fans with a 4-pin connector will work properly. All other fans will run at full speed all the time.  

Which version of fan control is best for you? If you’d prefer to have the liquid cooler choose the best fan speed, choose Automatic. If you’d like to have control over your fan speeds, choose Interactive. (Asetek water coolers with Interactive fan control also include additional features, including pump lighting control and temperature monitoring with ChillControl.)

Is ChillControl compatible with all Asetek liquid CPU coolers?
ChillControl requires Interactive liquid temperature fan control to be embedded into the pump. The software will not be able to interact with coolers that do not have Interactive liquid temperature fan control.

Pumps with Interactive fan control are easy to identify by the USB cable coming out of them in addition to the typical fan control and pump power cables.

****the Antec H2O series has the flexible hose as well as PWM

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,622
Points 103,890
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Tue, May 3 2011 10:04 PM

rrplay:
here is some info from Zack Fanning's blog page regarding the tubing material, pump, and fan speeds

Good info. Nice bling too.

I guess I'm lucky in that I had no problems with the FEP corrugated plastic tubing on both of my coolers. I have plenty of room in both of the cases that they're in, and have removed and reinstalled both of them many times with no problems.

I also don't think that the PWM and Chill Control are necessary if you properly mod your setup with a push/pull configuration and use high-flow and low-noise 120mm fans. I've posted on the ones to use already. My fans are on full blast all of the time. They aren't too loud, but certainly keep things cooler than the stock configuration did. My pump works at one speed, but seems to circulate plenty of fluid through the radiator for my purposes.

So,...'set-it and forget it' works for me. Smile

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,377
Points 31,015
rrplay replied on Wed, May 4 2011 8:41 AM

Oh hey thanks Neil for taking the time to explain what you have regarding the tubing on your coolers. And why along with that fan setup you referred to here and elsewhere in HH forums it works so well for you.With mine I simply have the Bios set for the fan at 100%. which is very quiet.With my cooler setup in the mini slugo SG7 that tubing is very flexible the radiator is upside down with plenty of cooling on a modest 24/7 OC. temps in low 60s.My fans are 180mm /120 mm with the 180mm on low which is still quiet >> the loudest fan is the gpu HD 5770 when ramping up to 52% while gaming

*** I recall that link you had with some push-pull recommended 120mm fans and re: an Asetek cooler in a Cyberpower rig that needed replacement fans .The fans I used at the time were 2 of those CM fans [re:Neil's link] with a splitter. a  bit tricky yet do-able .I mention 'cause yours was a bit 'tricky' as well with one of them.

I guess some folks may like the of the PWM Chill control maybe if they have multiple rad setups..cpu / gpu anyone ?

I have not actually tried the chill control myself with the Antec 620 as of yet but me thinks it should work since the Antec KUHLER 620 is 4 pin.PWM.porbably try it anyway and see .& back to set-it & fugget-about-it for me as well.

Still very nice to hear back from Stu and Zack yesterday in reference to some of these threads in HH .

Thanks AsetekSmile

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS