Intel Outlines Tech Predictions for 2011

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,490
Points 1,196,510
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Tue, Dec 28 2010 1:55 PM
No rest for the weary, right? You can apply that saying to Intel, the world's largest chip maker, who upon closing out 2010 is eager to ring in the new year. And who can blame them? With Sandy Bridge just around the corner, 2011 could shape up to be Intel's busiest year yet.

Intel spent much of 2010 milking its Atom processor line, and you can bet Sandy Bridge will dominate Intel's rhetoric in early 2011. But what else does the No. 1 chip maker have in store? For starters, look for Intel to target mobile and cloud security, the result of a $7.68 billion acquisition of McAfee.

In the company's annual "Year in Review" fact sheet (PDF), Intel puts a lot of focus on mobile and wireless technology, stating "Intel continues its commitment to and investments in WiMAX, the next-generation 4G wireless broadband technology." Intel also pointed to its Wireless Display capability on select Intel processor, as well as its acquisition of Infineon's Wireless Solutions back in August.

So what's it all mean? In addition to the deluge of Sandy Bridge coverage that's sure to kick off 2011, look for Intel to push several wireless technology solutions as the year goes on. We also suspect Intel will try to further position its popular Atom platform as a viable candidate for the emerging tablet market.
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,809
Points 18,105

Here's a prediction,........ in ten years Intel will be replaced by Samsung, then that will be erased by the North. Then everything will be manufactured in China:P

Intel Core i7-875K Quad
Asetek 510LC 120MM
4GB Kingston Hyper-X DDR-3
ASUS P7P55D-E Pro
CyberPower 800 PSU
Kingston 64GB SSD 
2 Hitachi 1-TB HDD'S
FirePro V8800
8X Blu-Ray DVD±R/±RW
HPw2207 22" LCD
Cintiq 21UX
CoolerMaster 690II Advance
Win 7 Pro 64 bit
Special thanks to HotHardware.com!
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,054
Points 60,735
3vi1 replied on Wed, Dec 29 2010 6:18 PM

Thanks Tom.... I was afraid I wasn't going to be able to find something to stay up worrying about all night. :D

I'm personally wondering if Intel has any really concrete plans for Meego, or if they're just jerking Nokia around by sitting on it until Android runs it out of the market.

Intel's certainly got some cool things on the horizon, let's hope that they stay around for many years.

What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

++++++++++++[>++++>+++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>+++.>++++++++++.-------------.+++.>---.>--.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS