Rahul Sood Moves To Microsoft

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,182
Points 1,185,985
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Wed, Dec 22 2010 9:00 AM
Well that didn't take long! A month after Rahul Sood resigned his post at HP, he has now found a home at a rival company: Microsoft. Rahul Sood is a major figure in the PC gaming world. He founded VoodooPC, which was then swallowed up by HP and woven into the "Envy" line of computers. But HP never really felt like a great fit for Sood, at least from the outside. HP just feels way too corporate for a free thinker like Sood, but honestly his new company isn't too different. The new company is Microsoft, which makes sense for Sood to end up at, but it's still a very structured corporation.

Rahul isn't saying much about his new post, but his title is in stone. He's the GM for System Experience in the Interactive Entertainment Business. That's a pretty long-winded title, and it's probably meant to be. We doubt Rahul will have rigid guidelines around what he can and can't do at Microsoft; he's an innovator at heart, and if given the freedom to do his own thing at Microsoft, who knows what could come of it.

Rahul has stated that he'll be working on some amazing things at the start of next year, but he's still deciding whether or not to attend CES. Here's to a bright future!
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,830
Points 45,790
rapid1 replied on Thu, Dec 23 2010 10:47 AM

I don't know on the corporate mindset at Microsoft. Yes; I know it is a corporate Giant of course, but really they have many divisions. From what I have heard over the years those division while still under the giant, are completely separate to varying degrees as well. So maybe he will fit well who knows. I know they as a company can use someone like him especially in a position like this, where a free thinker would seem to fit well to me.

MB:ASUS Z87C
CPU:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 4770 ***
GPU:Geforce GTX 770 4GB
Mem:***ingston 16384MB RAM
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 182
Points 2,085

there's good chance he already inquired about how much freedom he'll have. I doubt he'd agree to terms with Microsoft if he didn't feel he would like it

"The old appeals to racial, sexual, religious chauvinism to rabid nationalist furver are beginning not to work. A new consciousness is developing which sees the earth as a single organism and recognizes that an organism at war with itself is doomed"- Carl Sagan

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,053
Points 60,715
3vi1 replied on Sat, Dec 25 2010 4:33 PM

The article failed to cite his numerous other achievements, such as discovering the Lazarus Pits and fighting Batman to a draw on many occasions.

What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

++++++++++++[>++++>+++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>+++.>++++++++++.-------------.+++.>---.>--.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS