Here she is....

rated by 0 users
This post has 24 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,105
Points 38,225
acarzt Posted: Fri, Nov 5 2010 8:03 PM

So there I was... in the midst of an intense battle in Star Craft too... then all of a sudden... Slow down? What's this?

Oh no! A shut down?! What the crap man?

Powered the system back up... *pew* shuts back down :-(

Let it wait a bit then powered it back up to discover my water pump has failed! Rawr!

Time for that new Corsair H50 i've been eye-balling!

It came in today and BOY am I happy with it! My system Idles at around 28 degrees C. I loaded up Star Craft again and wailed on some zerg... never broke 33 Degrees! Flippin sweet! AND it's incredibly quiet.

My old CoolIT Idled in the 30s and would hit 45-50 under a load. Weak!

Anyway... Here is my baby! Long overdue :-P

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,105
Points 38,225
acarzt replied on Fri, Nov 5 2010 8:05 PM

Also, go ahead and ignore all those cables at the bottom Embarrassed

There's not much I can do about that unless someone wants to donate a sweet a$$ Corsair Modular :-D Just a suggestion!

• | Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,099
Points 13,965
fat78 replied on Fri, Nov 5 2010 8:18 PM

Realy nice cooler.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,795
Points 40,670
Inspector replied on Fri, Nov 5 2010 10:00 PM

Nice , i just finished sc2 and my temps read 36 with now :)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,476
Points 47,065
ForumsAdministrator

acarzt:
Also, go ahead and ignore all those cables at the bottom

But they aren't really that visible (except for the camera flash)! I think there is a lot to be said for having black sleeving and black internals, and I like it!

SPAM-posters beware! ®

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,236
Points 37,910
AKwyn replied on Sat, Nov 6 2010 3:30 AM

acarzt:

Also, go ahead and ignore all those cables at the bottom Embarrassed

There's not much I can do about that unless someone wants to donate a sweet a$ Corsair Modular :-D Just a suggestion!

Eh. I have cables flowing near a certain part of my system. I'm in the same boat as you.

Though nice case and cooler, I wish I had the money to buy all that.

"The future starts with you; now start posting more!"

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,648
Points 104,085
MembershipAdministrator

It looks good to me. I like the GTX295 card too.

I have an H50 still in the box, on the shelf just waiting for the next build. I also bought a few Scythe fans to set it up in a push-pull configuration like the one in my i7-870 system.

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,374
Points 80,315

Very Nice!

"Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."

Z77 GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER

GIGABYTE GTX670

G.Skill Ripjaws X 16gb PC2133

Antec P280

Corsair H100

Asus Blu-ray burner

Seasonic X650 PSU

Patriot Pyro 128gb SSD

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,053
Points 60,715
3vi1 replied on Sat, Nov 6 2010 9:57 PM

Black's my favorite color - so I like it a lot, Acarzt.

Don't worry about those cables at the bottom - still looks better than 90% of my systems.  :)  I'm a software guy, I don't have the patience to make the hardware as pretty as you guys.

What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

++++++++++++[>++++>+++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>+++.>++++++++++.-------------.+++.>---.>--.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

Yeah I have heard nothing but good things about the H50 and H70. I used to be a firm believer against prebuilt watercooling systems and always recommend that if you don't wanna go all out with it then just stick with air cooling. The H50 and somewhat the nautilus before it have really changed my opinion. I've though about picking one up for Jen's little case for some time. Think it would remove a lot of the heat and save some room in that tiny thing.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,105
Points 38,225
acarzt replied on Sun, Nov 7 2010 1:20 PM

Thanks for the compliments guys!

I'm really liking this H50. It keeps my system nice and cool and it really is incredibly quiet!

I'm almost tempted to OC my system again just because it's running so cool.

I do need to replace my EVGA MB fan... that sucker is getting loud :-\

Can't seem to get the screws off tho rawr!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,105
Points 38,225
acarzt replied on Sun, Nov 7 2010 1:22 PM

Also, having built intricate water cooling systems before... I much prefer the self contained systems. It really is sooooo much easier lol

I may never do a custom water cooling setup again lol

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,648
Points 104,085
MembershipAdministrator

acarzt:
I may never do a custom water cooling setup again

I can see the need for a bigger water system for people with several really hot GPU's in a box, But that's not me, and most likely will never be either.

The H50 style self contained Asetek LCLC cooler works really well and does a great job for me on my i7-870, so I bought the H50 recently, and I have it ready to go as soon as I buy everything else. I think that it's a smart way to go.

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,851
Points 40,550

Gr, I might have to pick the H50 up.  I've been looking for a less noisy alternative to my current setup, aswell as lowering my temps a bit more then they are now.  And I don't want to invest in a full setup yet.

Nice setup, but which case is that?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,374
Points 80,315

I'll give you my fan for the X58. I dont need it since I WC'd mine. 

"Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."

Z77 GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER

GIGABYTE GTX670

G.Skill Ripjaws X 16gb PC2133

Antec P280

Corsair H100

Asus Blu-ray burner

Seasonic X650 PSU

Patriot Pyro 128gb SSD

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,105
Points 38,225
acarzt replied on Sun, Nov 7 2010 9:20 PM

Thanks der! Send me an email and we'll work out the details!

I'll pay you for it plus shipping :-) Just let me know how much you want for it!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,105
Points 38,225
acarzt replied on Sun, Nov 7 2010 9:21 PM

PS if you have the screws too that'd be helpful... I think i'm gonna end up stripping these out and I might have to break some stuff Stick out tongue

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,105
Points 38,225
acarzt replied on Sun, Nov 7 2010 9:29 PM

mentaldisorder:

Nice setup, but which case is that?

Thermal Take Element S

I fell in love with it at first site when HH posted about it a couple years ago lol

It has 1 minor design flaw that i've come across tho...

It has a cutout on the back of the MB tray(which is not removable, which doesn't bother me) The cutout is meant for easy removal of the CPU heatsink backplate. However... the cutout is not big enough for the 1366 chipset, and probably others.

SOOOOO When you swap coolers... you need to pull everything out... HOWEVER... My CoolIT backet was a PERFECT fit for my H50, so I just used that one.

Otherwise I love this case. It's easy to work in, tool-less and it makes routing cables very easy. Also, the included fans are pretty quiet, and it's good at containing noise inside it. :-)

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

realneil:
I can see the need for a bigger water system for people with several really hot GPU's in a box, But that's not me, and most likely will never be either.

I still love my over sized water cooling setup. I don't cool my GPUs though because I feel like for the investment you make on the waterblocks and the amount you upgrade graphics cards it is not really price affective for the performance boost that you get. Unless you are running top of the line GPUs and just wanna squeeze more performance out of them you could buy better cards and just leave them aircooled.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 435
Points 6,255

I have never done a full loop but see the advantage in overclocking and multi-gpu situations.  The h-50 does wonders, but because the rad and fans are further from the board, My NB chipset gets less air over it, making it hotter than when I was on air.  A true loop covering all chipsets will be an advantage here, but a lot more cash.  I'd love to try the h-70, but theres no point in upgrading when the h-50 is doing so good.  My NB problem went away when I installed one of those RAM-coolers, but then I messed that up sleeving it, so I will have to fix that.(mixed the wires up like an idiot)

As long as you can keep your board cool the h-50 rules.  

i7 950 - ASUS Rampage 3 Extreme - ASUS GTX 570 - AZZA Hurricane - 6 GB Corsair 1600 - Corsair AX750 - WD 1tb black  Cool Thank You HH!!!!!!Cool

AMD 1090T - MSI 890FXA-GD70 - XFX HD5850 x2 - CM Storm Scout - 8GB Kingston HyperX 1600 - Corsair HX850 - Sammy spinpoint f3 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,648
Points 104,085
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Mon, Nov 8 2010 10:20 AM

bob_on_the_cob:
I still love my over sized water cooling setup

I don't OC my systems much and don't need to build a fine water cooling setup because I'm not jackin' the heat way up.

The Corsair H50 and the Asetek LCLC coolers (identical units built by Asetek) really do a fine job on a CPU, especially when you add the second fan into the mix. Also, with 6-120mm fans in the case and one in my PSU, there is a crap load of airflow with the case.

The truth is that if I built my own water system, I'd have to service it regularly, and these factory units are 'install and forget them' easy. That appeals to me too. (I guess this makes me lazy?)

I look at some of the water systems on display at shows and I have to admit that they are impressive to see with the added lights and colored fluids running inside of them, but it also looks like work to me.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,851
Points 40,550

Hrm, that wasn't really something that I wanted to hear.  I plan to replace my chipset heatsinks within the next few months (I'm not rollling in any money while I'm at school, so dropping almost $60 on the heatsinks isn't practical right now.)  If you're into it, I'd recommend the Thermalright line of heatsinks for the nb.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 435
Points 6,255

@mentaldisorder

Well, mine aren't too much of a problem, just a little hotter than I would like them to be... With my overclocked system my NorthBridge sometimes reaches 55 after folding for days..  But with the HyperX cooler on my RAM my board temps rarely went above 50.  I dont think you will need new chipsets immediatly if you get the h50, but maybe if you plan on a heavy overclock.

i7 950 - ASUS Rampage 3 Extreme - ASUS GTX 570 - AZZA Hurricane - 6 GB Corsair 1600 - Corsair AX750 - WD 1tb black  Cool Thank You HH!!!!!!Cool

AMD 1090T - MSI 890FXA-GD70 - XFX HD5850 x2 - CM Storm Scout - 8GB Kingston HyperX 1600 - Corsair HX850 - Sammy spinpoint f3 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,851
Points 40,550

lifeskills:

@mentaldisorder

Well, mine aren't too much of a problem, just a little hotter than I would like them to be... With my overclocked system my NorthBridge sometimes reaches 55 after folding for days..  But with the HyperX cooler on my RAM my board temps rarely went above 50.  I dont think you will need new chipsets immediatly if you get the h50, but maybe if you plan on a heavy overclock.

I'm aware of that, but for one, my chipset seems to run hotter than the majority who own the 750i FTW.  Additionally, I've wanted to hit 4.0ghz on this Q6600 forever.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 541
Points 4,945

Yea, the pump in my CoolIt system died on me as well.  I went with the H70 since I had plenty of space in the front of my system.

Page 1 of 1 (25 items) | RSS