CherryPad 7-Inch Android Tablet Video Review

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 6 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,710
Points 1,208,340
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Fri, Oct 29 2010 2:58 PM

CherryPad 7-Inch Android Tablet Video ReviewThe CherryPad is a 7-inch slate that comes preloaded with the Android 2.1 (aka Eclair) operating system and is driven by an 800MHz ARM11-based processor by Samsung backed by a meager 256MB of DDR2 system memory.  The device is also based on a resistive touch display, so it takes a bit of getting use to, if you've been working with devices like the iPhone or similar where capacitive touch displays are ubiquitous.  Journey on here with us in this quick-take video review of the CherryPad.  Just what does $188 buy you in an Android tablet?  You're about to find out...

CherryPad 7-Inch Android Tablet Video Review

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,849
Points 45,900
rapid1 replied on Fri, Oct 29 2010 4:12 PM

Well we know my thoughts on 7 inch tablets, which is why when I can grab a more minle 4-4.3" smart phone with better hardware inside anyway.

ASUS Z87C
i7-4770K
Xonar DGX
Intel Gigabit CT
Geforce GTX 770 4GB
G.Skill X1600/1754 2x8GB 7/8/8/24
  • | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,054
Points 60,735
3vi1 replied on Fri, Oct 29 2010 6:01 PM

Too bad the screen sucked so bad...  that's a pretty good price point for a device like this.

What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

++++++++++++[>++++>+++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>+++.>++++++++++.-------------.+++.>---.>--.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,756
Points 104,950
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Fri, Oct 29 2010 10:10 PM

3vi1:
Too bad the screen sucked so bad...  that's a pretty good price point for a device like this.

I like the price too,................but even more I like the watch that guy in the video was wearing!    Wow!

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20
silur replied on Sat, Oct 30 2010 12:58 AM

Could it be that the "warping screen" was actually the protective foil that you forgot to remove? Wink

Perhaps that's why the touch screen seemed so unresponsive! Wink

When you held the device at an angle, and poked the screen, it looked like you moved the protective foil that seemed to have a couple of bubbles in it.

Protective foils are commonly used when shipping LCDs to protect them from scratches. After opening the package, you can safely remove the foil, and you're ready to go! Smile

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,798
Points 40,665
Inspector replied on Sat, Oct 30 2010 1:06 AM

silur:

Could it be that the "warping screen" was actually the protective foil that you forgot to remove? Wink

Perhaps that's why the touch screen seemed so unresponsive! Wink

When you held the device at an angle, and poked the screen, it looked like you moved the protective foil that seemed to have a couple of bubbles in it.

Protective foils are commonly used when shipping LCDs to protect them from scratches. After opening the package, you can safely remove the foil, and you're ready to go! Smile

I do not think Dave would make such a mistake... (but if u did... lol)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,685
Points 55,815
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Dave_HH replied on Sat, Oct 30 2010 1:33 AM

silur and Inspector... fear not. I promptly removed the existing protective foil upon unboxing the device. From there I actually examined the screen quite closely because it looked so thin and light that perhaps there was another level of protective film? Alas, peering into a corner edge of the screen I could see adhesive. No, this wasn't another protective film but the slightly cheesy screen itself. :) Oh well... I really wanted to like it, honest. It's not a total dealbreaker. I mean folks will get this just to root it with Froyo and other mods because it's so cheap but the average Joe will want more refinement, even in a sub $200 tablet.

Editor In Chief
http://hothardware.com

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,756
Points 104,950
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Sat, Oct 30 2010 10:02 AM

Dave_HH:
the average Joe will want more refinement, even in a sub $200 tablet

I had thought about buying one of these, but now I'll wait to see if they improve them first.

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS