Leaky Friday: Verizon Samsung Continuum Launching Oct. 28

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,721
Points 1,208,770
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Thu, Oct 14 2010 8:25 PM
The Verizon Samsung Continuum, also known as the i400, is scheduled to launch on Oct 28, according to a report we received from an anonymous source. The source did not have pricing info, however, he confirmed that the device is indeed carrying Android 2.1 Update 1 (naturally, this could change).

The Samsung Continuum (or i400) looks like a Galaxy S class phone, based on the leaked shots, but it has twist: a second horizontal screen or "ticker" below the main screen. The ticker is to be used for RSS feeds, notifications and even date and time info.

If the device is held in a certain way, a Grip sensor is activated and the ticker only will display.  There is a separate Ticker section in the settings, to configure RSS feeds as well as sleep time for the Ticker, and enabling or disabling the grip sensor as well.

Indeed, the Ticker is sort of a gimmick, but remembering Microsoft's mantra of sorts for Windows Phone, "Get in, get out, get back to life," the Ticker might just serve that purpose for Android.  We'll see, when the device hits the market.  
  • | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,849
Points 45,900
rapid1 replied on Fri, Oct 15 2010 11:56 PM

interesting I guess, although the Galaxy S is also a very nice hardware platform to go with as well, and of course the gave the drop down Pro model to Sprint. So I guess it is a consolation prize for big V!

ASUS Z87C
i7-4770K
Xonar DGX
Intel Gigabit CT
Geforce GTX 770 4GB
G.Skill X1600/1754 2x8GB 7/8/8/24
  • | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

That pic doesn't do it justice IMO. Looks kinda ugly to me. Sounds like a cool "gimmick" though, I suppose.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS