**Post Your Photo's Thread** just 'cuz,....

This post has 107 Replies | 16 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,476
Points 47,080
ForumsAdministrator
Super Dave replied on Fri, Jul 15 2011 12:43 AM

I'm jealous, RealNeil. You've posted many beautiful PICS that were taken not far from where you live, and I live here in the city. Let me describe what I saw this evening when I returned to my apartment after work: As I drove into the driveway about 7pm I noticed three young ladies loitering on the grassy area next to the street. They were about 15 to 19 years old. Two were of average build and the third was rather rotund. Ms. Rotund was nursing a long-neck beer, and one of the other two was hitting a joint. After I put the Suzuki into the garage I took another look. I was shocked to see two of these 'ladies' locked in a French kiss. At that point I turned on the sprinklers and retreated to my apartment to have a beer. I much prefer your wildlife, RealNeil, to the Buena Park wild life. Someday I will retire and get the heck out of here. Thanks for the many photos that you have posted!Yes

SPAM-posters beware! ®

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,651
Points 104,115
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Fri, Jul 15 2011 1:08 AM

Super Dave:
Thanks for the many photos that you have posted!

I enjoy taking the pics and posting them is fun too. I took over 700 pictures on that last vacation, but don't have much time to go through them to post more of them with two systems to build this weekend. I have the AMD A8-3850 APU system up and running now, but still setting it up, so no performance tests yet.

I'll post more pics sometime tomorrow. I'm glad you like them too.

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,120
Points 12,940

"Here are some leopard pictures that made the news today'

-A leopard strayed into a village near Siliguri in West Bengal's Darjeeling district on Tuesday and severely injured several policemen and forest guards when they tried to tranquilise it. Five villagers were also injured.

The leopard died in the evening after it was brought to a veterinary centre at Sukna.

Forest Department officials said the leopard must have strayed into Salugara village, either from the Baikunthapur range or the Mahananda reserve forest.

“It was spotted near a house in the morning by villagers who raised an alarm, and this startled the leopard. With the villagers trying to chase it, it tried to flee and injured five villagers in the process. Then, the leopard took shelter in an abandoned house,” Kanchan Banerjee, forest ranger of the Sukna Wildlife Range, told The Hindu on the phone.

Informed by the villagers, the Forest Department officials reached the spot with a large number of police personnel and forest guards.

“The animal pounced upon a forest guard when he tried to tranquilise it at the house, injuring him critically. The leopard fled from the site and took shelter in the bushes at the end of the village. Around 5.30 p.m., the forest guards were able to locate it, and as they were approaching the spot in an open-hood vehicle, the leopard pounced on them. Three policemen were severely injured in the incident that led to a scuffle between the animal and the policemen. The forest guards, meanwhile, succeeded in tranquilising the leopard,” Mr. Banerjee said.

But the leopard also suffered injuries, as the policemen used batons and knives to save their colleagues. “Though two doctors were kept ready throughout the operation, the leopard died while it was being treated at the Sukna veterinary centre. Only a post-mortem can ascertain the reason…, though external injuries are suspected to be the primary cause,” he said.-

Source:http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/article2260229.ece

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 754
Points 8,520
LBowen replied on Wed, Jul 20 2011 8:41 AM

"One should not disturb a cat's nap..."

"I have the power!!"

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,120
Points 12,940

LBowen:
"One should not disturb a cat's nap..."

"LOL, I would never disturb Tiger For Sure!!, BTW , Is that You? The closest I've gotten to a tiger is at the Bronx Zoo, Far , far away with a nice wall and clearance."

-Optimus

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,651
Points 104,115
MembershipAdministrator

Kids playing in rain puddles at a family gathering,........

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,651
Points 104,115
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Sat, Sep 24 2011 8:56 AM

This morning there was Fog, and Spider Webs. Double click to get the full sized shot.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 231
Points 3,280
PFeenstra replied on Sat, Sep 24 2011 9:00 AM

kewl web.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,382
Points 31,045
rrplay replied on Sat, Sep 24 2011 9:47 AM

realneil:

This morning there was Fog, and Spider Webs. Double click to get the full sized shot.

man that is really a sharp pic Neil even my fuzzy eyes can see the dew on the web and leaves .Seems like the light conditions were perfect for the shot Yes

"Don't Panic ! 'cause HH got's your back!"

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,865
Points 29,645

Very nice pics of the spider webs. The pics of all the dew on them just go to show how intricate those spider webs are. We have the same species of spider in New England as well and I always have webs all around my house in the fall especially.

Also the picture of the kids in the puddles reminds me that kids always know how to have a good time. (A little bit of youth Woodstock going on there)

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,651
Points 104,115
MembershipAdministrator

Lets get this one going again,........

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,651
Points 104,115
MembershipAdministrator

Two of my kids flew out to see me from California for my birthday last week.

I haven't seen them since 2006, so it was a great way to celebrate. This is us at the Smithsonian Air And Space Museum.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,651
Points 104,115
MembershipAdministrator

More museum shots,.......

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,382
Points 31,045
rrplay replied on Wed, Dec 5 2012 10:35 PM

realneil:
Two of my kids flew out to see me from California for my birthday last week....

Thanks for sharing and posting all those pics ...Ahh cr^p   me forgots to wish ya a Happy Birthday Neil  Anyhow Smile

By the way ...Is that your daughter you were once talking about in the HH forums about some savvy wheeling n''dealing with some graphic cards a while back?

Nice pic and thanks ! Happy Birthday Man !

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,593
Points 54,950
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Dave_HH replied on Wed, Dec 5 2012 10:39 PM

Happy Birthday Neil!

Editor In Chief
http://hothardware.com

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,651
Points 104,115
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 11:25 AM

Dave_HH:
Happy Birthday Neil!

Thank You Dave,.....

rrplay:
By the way ...Is that your daughter you were once talking about in the HH forums about some savvy wheeling n''dealing with some graphic cards a while back? Nice pic and thanks ! Happy Birthday Man !

No, this is my younger daughter Jaymi. Heather is the other one.

Thanks for the birthday wishes, it was great to see my two youngest kids. Haven't seen them since 2006. Was a great birthday,......

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,382
Points 31,045
rrplay replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 6:41 PM

realneil:
Thanks for the birthday wishes, it was great to see my two youngest kids. Haven't seen them since 2006. Was a great birthday,......

Thanks ! for sharing  and it sure looks like you all had a great time together :)

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,651
Points 104,115
MembershipAdministrator

rrplay:
Thanks ! for sharing  and it sure looks like you all had a great time together :)

It was great,................thanks Peter.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,865
Points 29,645

Awesome! all I can think of is "reunited and it feels so good"

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,651
Points 104,115
MembershipAdministrator

omegadraco:

Awesome! all I can think of is "reunited and it feels so good"

That was a good song back in the day.

They were here for four days, but we're already planning a summer trip.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 756
Points 7,645

Here's me and the kid.  Pardon the booger bubbling out her nose, she's been snotty lately.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,651
Points 104,115
MembershipAdministrator

Good shot, (the boogers being a totally normal situation when raising kids)

She's a cutie,......she'll be a heart-breaker when she grows up,............

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

Just thought I would pop in.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,651
Points 104,115
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 11:16 AM

Good to see you again Bob!

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 994
Points 14,330
Manduh replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 12:02 PM

WTH dood!! I missed your birthday??!!! I'm super super sorry!!! 

Only the very special get this..... (again sorry I'm late!) Happy belated Birthday Neil!!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,651
Points 104,115
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 12:11 PM

LOL!    That was great!

Thanks Manduh

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 994
Points 14,330
Manduh replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 12:17 PM

:P  Sorry it wasn't a photo, it should have been since this is the photo thread. I just couldn't resist :D

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,651
Points 104,115
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 12:32 PM

That's fine with me. I enjoyed it.

Page 3 of 3 (108 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS