'The Revolution is Coming' Says Windows Phone 7 Ad

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 25,818
Points 1,166,665
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Mon, Sep 6 2010 10:28 PM
The first of what will undoubtedly be many Windows Phone 7 ads has been released to the Web, and it promises that "The revolution is coming." That statement is strange because many feel that iOS was the smartphone platform that first revolutionized things in that industry.

The ad is very simple, and while it's been reported that the ad won't air on television, we know it will be the first of many. Microsoft is reportedly throwing tons of money at Windows Phone marketing and development.

Still, it's hard to see how revolutionary Windows Phone can be; iPhone and then webOS and Android have set the bar rather high. Microsoft isn't exactly starting off on a good note by excluding copy-and-paste and multitasking for third-party applications from the platform's first release.

Watch the advetisement. Do you feel a revolution is coming, HH Readers?

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,819
Points 45,675
rapid1 replied on Tue, Sep 7 2010 5:42 AM

"Do you feel a revolution is coming, HH Readers?" Well I think the revolution in mobile internet use, computing has been here for several years with no Microsoft in the picture to a large degree. I really just started myself with my purchase of my Galaxy S "Epic" and Sprint service.

I decided to grab it when I started this contract because I felt it would be a good way to test out the provider (Sprint), as I have been traveling long distance. I must say I am quite impressed with both the phone and with Sprint. This is both in the phone hardware and it capabilities as well as with Sprint.

I have dropped one call I think in Arkansas, and have used it from Milwaukee, Wisconsin back to Arkansas, and then from there through Oklohomah, the Texas Panhandle, New Mexico, Arizona, and now Nevada, I go to Utah tomorrow then to California back to Arizona up to Colorado, New Mexico and finally Lower Texas then back to Atlanta where I live.

Enough of my propping of Sprint for there coverage though. I think Microsoft has been really missing. Of course our new comer "Google" lol has been fully in it with Android for over a year now, and of course Blackberry at first, and then Apple have really owned it for several years in the US. That is also not to mention NEC here but to a greater degree in other areas of the world with Symbian have capitalized the market.

The really big thing here to me is this if this market has existed now for roughly 4 years at the least if not more, where the heck has M$ been. How could they not notice? I just don't get it really, but it seems to me that after they lost there driving force named Bill Gates, Microsoft has had some major issues. Steve Balmer is there of course, but he does not seem to have the same Drive/Vision/insight etc. that Mr. Gates had. The company seems to be hurting because of it.

I will say this I have had it a couple weeks now, and think I would feel lost without it. So as far as the revolution Microsoft kind of missed the train at the gate. I am sure with there resources etc they can probably catch up to it. I think though that they have missed a lot of ground, and with that market loyalty which is much harder to regain.

MB:ASUS Z87C
CPU:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 4770 ***
GPU:Geforce GTX 770 4GB
Mem:***ingston 16384MB RAM
  • | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,053
Points 60,700
3vi1 replied on Tue, Sep 7 2010 7:59 AM

Do not want.

As usual, it's just a copy of a someone else's product. They'll keep pounding the drum saying "it's revolutionary" and "innovative", and 15 years from now people who remember the commercials from the cradle are going to be telling you and I how MS was first with all this stuff. This is how they've always operated.

What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

++++++++++++[>++++>+++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>+++.>++++++++++.-------------.+++.>---.>--.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,904
Points 24,545

I guess this will be something Apple will do in a few years.  Remember "Welcome to the social" now Apple has the social only they call it Ping.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,236
Points 37,910
AKwyn replied on Tue, Sep 7 2010 8:46 PM

It seems ironic, when your phone OS doesn't even have simple features like copy-and-paste and multitasking. How can it be revolutionary? Well sure it might of been revolutionary in 2007 or 2008 but this is 2010 people, Microsoft should be adding those features into their phone OS before it even launches rather then just launch it in this state. It'd be a huge disaster for both Microsoft and the companies who invested in Windows Phone if it was released in this state.

"The future starts with you; now start posting more!"

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS